What's new
World Wide Stereo

optical jack and component question (1 Viewer)

wil_chan

Auditioning
after reading all the post about how the s-cable produces better quality i finally bought me one of em s-cable and saw the diff for myself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My toys:
Sony wega 32 kfs-13
Sony Dream station davc-900
Motorolla Digital cable box
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now here's my set up:
1. dream station plugged to the tv via s-cable < DVD ONLY>
2.Cable box VIDEO in plugged to the TV while the AUDIO is plugged to the dream station VIA VIDEO 1
3. playstation plugged in to the dream station VIA VIDEO 2
now for my question.
1.if i buy those optical jack and plug it to my cable box since it has an optical out put and my dream station has an input would it produce better quality of cable show? and would this be VIA COMPONENT PLUGS? since the s cable is for DVD only
2. and would the game from playstaion be better?
3. and is it worth buying the EXPENSSIVE THX CABLES?
and i think i posted this thread before i just dont know what happnd to it been waiting for a reply from sum1 and i didnt get any
so im really sorry if this a DOUBLE POST , thanks in advance for ur INPUTS.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
so im really sorry if this a DOUBLE POST
No problem. As far as I can tell, this is your only post so far.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend spending some time with our Beginner's Primer and FAQ. Use the link in my signature.

M.

wil_chan

Auditioning
i see well thanks for that info
so i guess the question in hand is the component output from my dreamstation would that DVD only too? or would if produce better quality of vision if i plug the cablebox to my dream station via analog cable and optical jack for the sound and then COMPONENT OUTPUT from the dreamstaion to component input from the TV? like i said im really a NEWBIE so please bare with me

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I don't know anything about the Dreamstation, but I'd be surprised if it was capable of converting your cable signal to component output.

You may want to ask this in the Video Game Hardware forum. You'll probably find more Dreamstation owners there.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks