What's new

Help! LG OLDE C1 and Sony STR-DH790 Receiver: Audio, No Video (1 Viewer)

Koschei

Agent
Real Name
Michael
So today I set up my new home theater system - upgraded to 4K. Unfortunately, I've not been able to figure out how to get the video from other sources to display on the TV screen.

My set up:
TV: LG OLED C1 OLED65C1PUB 65"
Image of ports/inputs here

Receiver: Sony STR-DH790
Image of back of receiver here

Additional components:
Cable box
Roku
Sony 4K blu ray player

How they're connected:
I'm using these 4K HDMI cables from Amazon to connect the system thusly:

Roku to receiver (Media Box In HDMI port on receiver)
Disc player to receiver (BD/DVD In port on receiver)
Cable box to receiver (SAT/CATV In port on receiver)
LG OLED TV to receiver (Game In port on receiver going to HDMI Port 1 on TV)

I also have an antenna connected to the back of the TV for viewing local channels.

Note that I can hear audio from the cable box, Roku box, and disc player via the receiver. However, when I use the LG remote to choose HDMI 1, it gives me the infamous No Signal screensaver and does not display the video from the source.

However, when you look at my Home screen on the TV, it clearly DOES see the sources:

Home Screen.jpg

Can anyone help me figure out how to see video from the cable box, Roku and disc player on the TV? I'm baffled.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How they're connected:
I'm using these 4K HDMI cables from Amazon to connect the system thusly:

Roku to receiver (Media Box In HDMI port on receiver)
Disc player to receiver (BD/DVD In port on receiver)
Cable box to receiver (SAT/CATV In port on receiver)
LG OLED TV to receiver (Game In port on receiver going to HDMI Port 1 on TV)

I also have an antenna connected to the back of the TV for viewing local channels.

Note that I can hear audio from the cable box, Roku box, and disc player via the receiver. However, when I use the LG remote to choose HDMI 1, it gives me the infamous No Signal screensaver and does not display the video from the source.

However, when you look at my Home screen on the TV, it clearly DOES see the sources:

View attachment 130660

Can anyone help me figure out how to see video from the cable box, Roku and disc player on the TV? I'm baffled.
Really, REALLY obvious. You have the TV connected to an input on the receiver. It needs to be connected to the TV Output. The video goes OUT from the receiver to the TV, not in to it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oh yeah, to get the audio from the TV's internal OTA tuner to the receiver, you can use ARC (not my preference) or an optical cable from the TV to the optical input on the receiver. Then you need to configure the inputs menu in the receiver so the TV Input gets audio from that optical input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks