What's new

Nick Rewind Collection (2 Viewers)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
One for two with the shows they released on the DVD is not bad. And after Pete And Pete season 3 is released, they will have to release more shows in the rewind collection.

I think there is a 90% chance another Nickelodeon show will be released on Febuary 28th.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
For people who don't know:

Nick.com is doing TurboNick where you see a full epsiode of Pete & Pete, Double Dare 2000, Legends of the Hidden Temple and alot more...

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I have some question about You Can't Do That On Television release?

What season will they start with? 1981 or 1982? The shows first season 1979 was destroyed by Carleton Productions a long time ago. Nickelodeon had a lease for most of the 1981 season that expired in the mid 80's. What season will they start with?

When YCDTOT first was on Nickelodeon, the episodes were 28 minutes. In the mid 80's, those early episodes were edited to 24 minutes. And the 1981 season was 1 hour long in parts of Canada. The 1 hour episodes had live music preformances, and music videos, which will most likely be edited out, if they used the 1 hour version.

How long will the episodes be? 24 minutes, 28 minutes, or 1 hour long (minus the music)?

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
Where's Salute Your Shorts and/or Hey Dude?

I'm looking forward to You Can't Do That On TV. However, I'm not sure how it'll hold up.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
The 1-hour versions of YCDTOTV Season 2 were wiped. Only the Nick edits survive.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Sweet! I can't wait to own these! Lets hope they keep the "Rewind Collection" as pure as possible! If they do my $$ will be headed their way.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

According to the Episode Guide located here (http://www.ycdtotv.com/epguide/index.html), Four Episodes from the 1981 Season (Episodes 3, 7, 10, and 13) Still Exist in their orignal form.

Also Episodes 2,7, and 9 from the 1979 Season of YCDDOTV still exist in their entirety as well as fragments of varying length from Episodes 1, 6, and 8.

Also, to reiterate, Where the HELL is Rocko's Modern Life

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
But it looks like some of early episodes were only salvaged by someone videotaping them on their home VHS machine. Doubtful those will make it to the official releases, but then again, maybe they'll throw them on as bonus material.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

That's real good news. I really looking foward to the You Can't do that on Television DVD. Homefully the rumor of a Spring 2006 release is confirmed as well.

And to reiterate my earlier statements; Where. The Hell. Is Rocko's Modern Life?? There are no legal issues or music rights tying up the show (like Alll That, and possibly Roundhouse), the only thing keeping it off DVD is corporate apathy.

Wezzo

Second Unit
I'm hoping for Kenan and Kel.. perhaps it's too recent for the Rewind collection though? I hope not. :frowning:

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I am confident Kenan and Kel is coming to DVD. It is not a question of if, but when. And hopefully sooner than later.

I just hope it has the pilot episode, when Kenan buys a stolen car. A lot of people assume "The Tainting Of the Screw" is the pilot episode, but it is not.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone remember Special Delivery? I remember one of the Special Delivery episodes had almost the entire cast of You Can't do that on Television. The Main characters were Kevin, and I forgot his litlle brothers name. They were kidnapped by a UFO, and went to different planets, and were treated like zoo animals. I can't remember a whole lot, but I believe the f/x were similar to the Star Wars Holiday special. Another good episode was The Million Dollar Hockey Puck. Man, I hope Special Delivery is going to be released in the rewind collection.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
What shows do you think will be added to the Rewind DVD Collectin in 2006? Here are the shows I think will be released a some point in 2006. I am not saying these are the only shows, but these are the unreleased Nick shows I think have the most momenteum in terms of demand via message boards.

You Can't Do That On Television
Salute Your Shorts
All That

Of course You Can't Do That On Television is already announced. For me one down two to go. Of all three shows, Salute Your Shorts is the only show that Nick has no rights issues to worry about. They can release Salute Your Shorts tommorow if they wanted, and don't have to answer to nobody.

You Can't Do That On Television they have ownership of the show rights to work out with Carleton Production / CJOH, which they have apprently done. With All That they have music rights to work out with record labels for their musical guests. I think they will work that out, they need the musical guests on All That DVDs just as bad as they need the music on Happy Days.

Right now, we have finally gotten to a point in the DVD era of understanding how much you should pay for music rights between the publishing / record labels and the Studios. If Viacom can work out a deal with Carleton Production / CJOH for rights to a whole series, music rights for one song per episode for All That is chump change to them.

John*P

Second Unit
I just noticed on tvshowsondvd.com that the unreleased rankings for Salute Your Shorts and Are Your Afraid of the Dark? are 14th and 16th, respectively. That is crazy...these shows would sell for sure. I know they both have cult followings and many people online are waiting for season DVD sets of both shows.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Wow 14th and 16th, I bet You Can't Do That On Television is higher if it is still in that unreleased category.

As good as Pete and Pete are, when these other shows come out on DVD, especially YCDTOTV, they will set sales records for Nickelodeon video.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I would easily replace my custom DVDs of AYAOTD with commercial ones! There are many older nick shows I would love to own. SYS is at the top of the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks