What's new

Happy Days season 2 (1 Viewer)

John McM

Second Unit
does anyone know when Paramount plans to release season 2? I honestly am only a fan of the very early episodes of the show, so season 2 is the only "must have" season besides season 1 (even tho I probably would go up to 4, it was still decent until Chachi came in in season 5). I have a feeling we'll see it in the first quarter of 2005 but just wondering if Paramount's gonna announce it soon

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Count me in on a season 2 set as well. My cutoff on the series is also when Chachi came in. Once the Fonz goes from being cool to being a fool...I'm out.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
When did they switch to filming in front of an audience? In my opinion that was the first major step downward in quality.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

Season three was the first season filmed in front of a studio audience, though in season 2 they shot one episode with an audience ("Fonzie's Getting Married") as a test.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Hopefully Season Two will have some extras...ANY extras...given that, I believe, all the principal actors are still around, and I presume much of the crew as well.

John McM

Second Unit

hopefully the upcoming 2 hour ABC special will be an extra on season 2 (or maybe 3). Happy Days may not be a million-selling show, but it is a classic and it has a huge fanbase, and considering Paramount probably knows a lot of people lost interest in season 3, putting the best extra on season 2 would be fitting.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Well, as John McM said above, they may be waiting for the Happy Days reunion to air so it can be included as an extra. If that's the case, I'd say we'll have Happy Days probably in the last half of the year. But that's speculation on my part.

John McM

Second Unit

I hope not, at least 2 seasons a year would be nice, 11 seasons would be too long to stretch over 11 years, especially since the post-Howard seasons will not sell as well IMO.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I've been wondering about Season 2. We haven't heard a peep about it. I hope Season 1 sold well or that could spell trouble. I'll buy the complete series because that's the way I am but I hope that all the Ron Howard seasons make it out. His last two weren't great either but the show really collapsed after he left, in my opinion.

JasonPat

Auditioning
I would buy all 11 seasons. Plus, What about Lavergne and Shirley and Mork and Mindy? Hopefully, they will release all of these seasons.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I can't believe I missed this thread...
I hope they release all seasons too but the season when Ron left is my limit. Two seasons a year would be cool to me too.
All seasons of "Mork & Mindy" and "Laverne & Shirley" would must buys.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
OK, I remember Laverne & Shirley being a Happy Days spinoff, as well as Joanie Loves Chachi, but what's the tie-in with Mork & Mindy? Was that ALSO a spin-off? I truly don't recall that tie-in.

John McM

Second Unit

yep, Robin Williams appeared as Mork in a season 5 episode of Happy Days and was so well-received they gave him his own spinoff the next season.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

And I never missed it! :D
The Mork & Mindy season 1 set has the "Mork & Mindy Special" Which had a flashback with Fonz and Laverne.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I am so in for LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY.

While I don't want to seem to picky here...with other classic shows in the Paramount lineup getting as many as four releases a year, there is no reason why L & S and HAPPY DAYS shouldn't be getting the same treatment.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

At least their season 1 sets got released. Where are other Paramount classics like The Odd Couple or Get Smart? They haven't even been mentioned for a release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks