What's new

Glee season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Right. The soundtrack will be released on iTunes (according to them) on 10/19, a week before the Rocky show is set to air on 10/26.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Good episode tonight. I thought it was interesting that the ep. was directed by Eric Stoltz, who just came off directing a recent episode of Caprica (and an episode of Huge, according to IMDB--a show I've never heard of).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I sort of wanted to see Artie and Brittany's duet, but I guess their do-it was a quick tease.

The second number that Finn and Rachel performed was hilariously uncomfortable to watch. I would have lost it had they separated their hands widely at the end of the song.

Nice number from Sam and Quinn, and also from the rest of the gang.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Fantastic episode this week, I agree with what's been said in past about the show being at it's best when the numbers grow out of the characters rather than the single artist themed weeks and last night was a prime example of that.

My favorite number, and there were lots of good ones, was from Tina and Mike Chang, that was awesome lol. Rachel and Finn set out to offend and they succeeded with flying colors, that was horrible lol.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this Sam character, for one he's putting the moves on Quinn which I don't like one bit and two he's got a severe case of Incredible Mr. Limpet lip-itus.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

My favorite number, and there were lots of good ones, was from Tina and Mike Chang, that was awesome lol. Rachel and Finn set out to offend and they succeeded with flying colors, that was horrible lol.

I had no idea what their song was or what film it was from or anything ? Made no sense to me at all.

I agree on the Tina/Chang. I thought that was a good bit. And maybe Brittnay is realizing that being slutty isn't always the right thing, and she really does love her partner..

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
"With You I'm Born Again" which was a single by Billy Preston and Syreeta Wright that hit number four on the Hot 100 in 1979.

I had no idea what their song was or what film it was from or anything ? Made no sense to me at all.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I believe With You I'm Born Again is from the movie Fast Break. I wish they would have released the Glee version on iTunes...contrary to the way it was portrayed in the show, it's a fine song.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
The Tina/Mike number is from "A Chorus Line". It's called Sing!

Couldn't remember where I'd heard it, but finally clicked after reading Kevin's post.

The Glee version dropped a few lyrics and changed the end a bit, but they did a great job with it.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
RE: Puck

It appears that there was a problem with the power-that-be at Glee regarding a solo album he recorded (and is releasing in Nov, IIRC) outside the approval of said powers. He returns to the show sometime next month.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
"Duets" was not particularly interesting to me, and I found the Artie / Brittany storyline emotionally dishonest.

Having seen A Chorus Line last week, I really enjoyed "Sing", and the gender reversal was cute. I didn't recognize any of the other songs, and they didn't do anything for me. Kurt's duet was particularly disappointing: there was no vocal nuance to suggest it was a "duet". It was a solo, and fully failed to meet the task Schue set for them.

And then there's Artie and Brittany: The setup was great: She'll let him call her "girlfriend" if he'll sing the duet with her. It was clearly a relationship of convenience for them both; it seemed clear that Artie was using her to get back at Tina as much as Brittany was using him for the singing. So Artie's upbraiding of her at the end for taking advantage of him was out out of the blue. He knew it was all for laughs. And he knows who she is and her reputation. It didn't work for me. I had much more sympathy for Brittany.

The best part was the returning to the matter of Kurt's advances on Finn. I was a bit frustrated that it had been played one-sided originally; there was more to the story and Finn was a bit shafted on that. Returning to it and addressing the full issue worked well, I thought.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Again, I enjoyed the musical numbers, but the storylines did nothing for me. I am really looking forward to "Rocky Horror".

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
QG getting in some heat on Glee cast photos, as these actors are not kids...but play them on TV.....can see all of them here:

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201011/glee-photos-rachel-quinn-finn#slide=1

glee01.jpg

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I realize that these people are adults, but talk about slutting it up. The only one who preserves a bit of his dignity is Cory Monteith.

Originally Posted by Martino

glee01.jpg

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I watched #2x02 Britney/Brittany a few days ago. Me Against The Music is probably my favorite Britney song, and Glee did such an excellent job with it. I've probably watched that "video" 10 times. A few comments on it...

- Britney looks a lot different from how she looked when she did that video. (Yes, I know.. having kids and aging can do that.)

- I realize Heather Morris is a pro dancer and Britney exists on some intermedia plane as a dancer (she's a pro, but not a pro dancer), but wow... Heather killed this.

- It was almost a shocking leap to see this weird "teenage" girl transform from her normal weird self (character) into this confident dance machine.

- I have no idea how long Heather had to practice the choreography, but what a lot to learn in a short time. There's been talk about how difficult the scheduling is for Glee given they have to do singing and dancing, and often for multiple songs, but this had to be killer. I hope she enjoyed doing it and it brings her a lot of well-deserved attention.

- I don't normally notice the backup dancers who are SYTYCD alumni, but it was hard to miss Mark in this one.

- More Brittany dancing please.

There's a rumor Rihanna wants to be on the show. Well, that part isn't a rumor. The rumor is Glee's working on a Rihanna themed show. If it happens, it'll be the first time I really listen to most of her music. I like Please Don't Stop The Music (which I got exposed to via American Idol), but that's about it.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco

There's a rumor Rihanna wants to be on the show. Well, that part isn't a rumor. The rumor is Glee's working on a Rihanna themed show. If it happens, it'll be the first time I really listen to most of her music. I like Please Don't Stop The Music (which I got exposed to via American Idol), but that's about it.

DId you like "Take a Bow" from back in the first season? I'm not a fan of Rihanna per se, but Lea Michele's version was amazing.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Mr. Shu as Rocky would have been performing "Toucha Toucha Touch Me" with Rachel as Janet in the show. Creepy. I don't think they really thought that through very well.

Some of the lyric changes (and some of the lyrics they left in) were odd.

The costumes and singing were great though. Chris Colfer makes a great Riff Raff.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike as Dr. Frank would have been fun. Not sure his voice could have carried it off, but the dancing would have been good. The RH stuff was alright, but not up to the level I expect for the show. As Greg said, some of the choices of lyrics and casting were kind of odd, too.

They seem to be heading toward an anorexia storyline with Sam. He quickly went from not being afraid of showing off his body, to worrying about the 'rolls' hanging over the waistband of his shorts, and other comments indicating that he seems to think he's overweight ("Damn cool ranch Doritos"). A strong gust of wind and he'd be airborne. At first I thought he was just becoming as vain and egotistical as the rest of the regulars, but it seems like he might have a more serious problem.

I almost choked when Becky demanded from Will, "Now give me chocolate, or I'll cut you!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks