What's new

The Last of Us - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how they are going to do this since they hinted that TLOU Part II may encompass more than one season since….

it essentially just a revenge tale told from the point of view of two characters where most of the story takes place over just a few days (with some flashbacks, maybe they devote an entire episode to the dinosaur museum etc.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I wonder how they are going to do this since they hinted that TLOU Part II may encompass more than one season since….
It’s not hinted at all. It’s definitely going to be at least two seasons to tell the story of TLOU Part 2.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yup. Awesome news. She will have to seriously bulk up.

The Last of Us” Season 2 has officially cast Kaitlyn Dever, Variety has learned.

Dever joins the hit HBO show in the role of Abby, who is described as “a skilled soldier whose black-and-white view of the world is challenged as she seeks vengeance for those she loved.”

“Our casting process for season two has been identical to season one: we look for world-class actors who embody the souls of the characters in the source material,” said series co-creators Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann. “Nothing matters more than talent, and we’re thrilled to have an acclaimed performer like Kaitlyn join Pedro, Bella and the rest of our family.”

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yup. Awesome news. She will have to seriously bulk up.
Great actress, but the announcement was a bit of a headscratcher for me because friends who have played the Part II game described Abby as this tall muscular beast of a young woman, and that's not Kaitlyn Dever at all.

I think Ellie's supposed to be like 5' 7" in the sequel though, which Bella Ramsey obviously is not. So if they wanted someone only a couple inches taller than Ellie, it makes sense to go with an actress who is 5' 3" - 5' 4" like Dever.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Abby as this tall muscular beast of a young woman, and that's not Kaitlyn Dever at all.
Not really tall but very muscular indeed. Like I said, she’ll have to bulk up. Her strength is a major part of her character.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, the character from the game has an impressive physique. I highly doubt they’ll adapt that aspect and I think they will most likely drop it.

Happy to be wrong though.
IMG_6042.gif

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I envy those of you who have not played this game. I wish I could erase it from my mind and go in blind, even more so than with season 1. This game is a real journey, in more ways than one. It has multiple big time gut punching moments. When the credits rolled, I just sat there in disbelief with that I had just experienced. Even though I like the first game slightly more, this game is an emotional rollercoaster that blew me away. It's a masterpiece IMO.

The game absolutely worked on me just as the game makers had wanted. "The Joel scene" mad me so mad, just like Ellie, that I was all in on her hunt for revenge. I hated Abby and couldn't wait to kill her! Then the switch happens halfway through, and I was like, really, I have to play as Abby now! I still wanted to kill her and now I'm playing as the bad guy. I went with it though, and in about an hour or 2 of gameplay I was full invested in Abby's story. When the final switch happens, my thoughts had completely changed and playing as Ellie again, back on her quest or revenge, felt wrong. The final confrontation, I didn't want to do it, but the game gave you no choice.

This game has always been more thought provoking then the ending to Part 1/Season 1.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I envy those of you who have not played this game. I wish I could erase it from my mind and go in blind, even more so than with season 1. This game is a real journey, in more ways than one. It has multiple big time gut punching moments. When the credits rolled, I just sat there in disbelief with that I had just experienced. Even though I like the first game slightly more, this game is an emotional rollercoaster that blew me away. It's a masterpiece IMO.

The game absolutely worked on me just as the game makers had wanted. "The Joel scene" mad me so mad, just like Ellie, that I was all in on her hunt for revenge. I hated Abby and couldn't wait to kill her! Then the switch happens halfway through, and I was like, really, I have to play as Abby now! I still wanted to kill her and now I'm playing as the bad guy. I went with it though, and in about an hour or 2 of gameplay I was full invested in Abby's story. When the final switch happens, my thoughts had completely changed and playing as Ellie again, back on her quest or revenge, felt wrong. The final confrontation, I didn't want to do it, but the game gave you no choice.

This game has always been more thought provoking then the ending to Part 1/Season 1.
Agreed 100% Chris. I just recently replayed the game for about the 5th time.

It’s a truly epic journey for both characters. It’s getting closer and closer to the perfection of the first game now for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks