What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
HBO’s adaptation of the popular PlayStation 3 video game, The Last of Us, arrives on 4K UHD Blu-ray.

The Last of Us (2023–)

Released: 15 Jan 2023
Rated: TV-MA
Runtime: 18S min

Director: N/A
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

Cast: Pedro Pascal, Bella Ramsey, Anna Torv
Writer(s): Neil Druckmann, Craig Mazin

Plot: After a global pandemic destroys civilization, a hardened survivor takes charge of a 14-year-old girl who may be humanity's last hope.

IMDB rating: 8.8
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: HBO
Distributed By: Warner Brothers
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audio: Dolby Atmos, Spanish 5.1 DD, French 5.1 DD...

Continue reading...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear this release does the incredible first season justice.

Bummer about the lack of a digital copy, but that's been getting more and more common for TV releases since Disney Movies Anywhere killed Ultraviolet.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I just got this via Amazon and will spin it up. For some reason, I ran out of steam about 2 episodes to go. No, it wasn't that I became disinterested, as I felt the show was still maintaining its very high level per episode. But I think a combination of a substantial work project which sapped up all of my time and energy, and the emotional toll these episodes take on the viewer, basically made me cry uncle and for whatever reason I never finished the final two episodes. Well work has become sane again, and so maybe I'll start from Ep1 this weekend. Just to enjoy the improved A/V quality (even though I was able to watch it in 4K streaming).

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I just got this via Amazon and will spin it up. For some reason, I ran out of steam about 2 episodes to go. No, it wasn't that I became disinterested, as I felt the show was still maintaining its very high level per episode. But I think a combination of a substantial work project which sapped up all of my time and energy, and the emotional toll these episodes take on the viewer, basically made me cry uncle and for whatever reason I never finished the final two episodes. Well work has become sane again, and so maybe I'll start from Ep1 this weekend. Just to enjoy the improved A/V quality (even though I was able to watch it in 4K streaming).
I had difficulties binging this series, to be honest. I found after two episodes, I needed a break, and your post confirms how I felt after watching two episodes back to back. There are great series to binge, and their are great series that are better to savor over time. This is the latter.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Excellent review, Todd! I agree 100%. This is a stunning, stellar transfer and a truly gorgeous presentation. It blows all previously available versions out of the water. There is simply no comparison. If you are a fan of the series, THIS is the way to go!

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
There are great series to binge, and their are great series that are better to savor over time. This is the latter.
I picked this up last week, but only started watching it last night. I managed three episodes and as E3 is such an unexpected sidestep, I didn’t feel too over-indulged.

I went in blind and am really enjoying the premise and the performances. I agree that the 4k looks great but the lack of accompanying Blus mean I can’t lend it out to other family members who I’m sure would also enjoy it 😕

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks