What's new

Netflix The Witcher - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Starting a thread for season two...

@Philip Verdieck posted this link to a review in the old Season 1 thread:

There's a nice 3 minute recap of season 1. I remembered everything in it, but it was nice to be reminded of bits and pieces.

Having watched episode 1 so far, the opening is a LOT of catch-up with the aftermath of the big battle at the end of season 1, showing us some of the initial fall out and where various characters are along the way.

As usual, some beautiful scenery and bits of the story jumping around a lot as it has a lot of threads to keep track of right now.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
So, as someone that rarely recalls what happened in between seasons, do you think that the recap should be sufficient for me to get up to speed? I do recall liking the show and I recall some not all of the characters and happenings....

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
Well I’ve watched the first two episodes and hadn’t a clue what was going on. All very confusing. Somehow I missed the recap.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I would say the Recap is a must especially if like me you watched season 1 two years ago when it originally appeared on Netflix. I loved episode 1 of this season especially the second half which is basically a Gothic Horror story set in the snow.

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
We've watched three episodes, and did watch the recap. I'm still quite confused. We watched season 1 when it first dropped. Probably should have rewatched season 1 to be honest.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I just finished the season this afternoon.

Took a couple of episodes to bring everything together, but once Jaskier (the bard) gets reintroduced, things start tying together quite nicely.

A couple of interesting events over the course of the season and a rather interesting denouement at the end.

My favourite bit in the season?
Episode 4. When Jaskier is working to distract the dock worker and the dock worker starts bitching about his songs talking about the multiple timelines only becoming obvious in verse 4, too many characters, etc... All very meta talking about the major complaints in most of the reviews

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
So, as someone that rarely recalls what happened in between seasons, do you think that the recap should be sufficient for me to get up to speed? I do recall liking the show and I recall some not all of the characters and happenings....

The recap will help. But. When you get deeper, near the end of S2 and there are people & Events from Ciri's past, it won't make as much sense as if you were familiar with S1.

S2 is mostly about Ciri's development.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Watching this now. Even though I watched the first season a couple of years ago, and watched the recap, I do sometimes find this challenging to follow. But it's a good show, I think, and it's clear they spent a fortune on it.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
So, yeah. Reading about it now. It looks like Superman stuff is taking up a bunch of his time (and other projects), so he is passing on the reins. He got to fulfill a major ambition and it went over smashingly.

I wonder if they might bring him back for a movie or two, later.

And Liam looks positively wimpy compared to the shots of his brother in Thor shape recently (movie and MCU one shots).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks