What's new

Glee season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Britney Spears had her first number one song in ten years with "Womanizer" and this was after all the crazy shit she did. She seems to have gotten herself together in the past two/three years.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What, no Britney fantasy for Quinn??

Disappointing episode, I for the life of me can't figure out why they didn't allow the one girl who looks the most like Britney to have her own Britney number, she should have been the one to sing 'One More Time'.

Because of that I have to give this ep an epic fail score.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm just not feeling these artist theme episodes. I know the soundtracks for them sell gangbusters, but they greatly deprive the show of its use of song for emotional subtext. The Brittany hallucination songs had jack squat to do with the larger plot of the episode. The one attempt to do so, Artie's big number, came across as incredibly strained. The one musical number that worked was the one musical number that wasn't a Britney song, that Paramore single from earlier this year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode started out okay, but then it got weaker as it went along. Won't lie, enjoyed the early numbers, but it just felt out of focus or just lost its way, plus the whole dentist-induced dreams gave me a creepy dentist vibe at times. Will's subplot practically stopped any momentum the episode had going for it.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
In terms of sheer entertainment, I really liked this episode. Slave 4 U and Baby One More Time were highlights, and Toxic is my favorite Britney Spears song. And yes, I actually like more than one Britney Spears song. I could watch those numbers repeatedly because they were really great, and also to play, "spot the SYTYCD dancer".

Overall, it was a good episode for me. I thought the show sagged the second half of season one, but this season is climbing back for me.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
For those that dislike themed episodes, it should be noted another big one is coming up soon, as Glee takes on "Rocky Horror Picture Show"

http://www.ugo.com/tv/glee-rocky-horror-meat-loaf-barry-bostwick

In addition to the news from Comic-Con that at the behest of Chris Colfer (Kurt), Ryan Murphy had agreed to do an episode paying tribute to The Rocky Horror Picture Show, we've learned that so far at least two original cast members have signed on. Actor Barry Bostwick (Brad Majors) and former music-man Meat Loaf (Eddie, Ex-Delivery Boy) will appear in the October 26th, and likely Halloween-themed episode.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I thought it was overall another entertaining episode. I think I like the fact that its different than most other series. I did cringe at the dentist giving every student who walked into his office general anesthesia. Wrong message there. I also think Artie's number with the football team was a low point in the show. But all in all, good Tuesday evening entertainment.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

I could watch those numbers repeatedly because they were really great, and also to play, "spot the SYTYCD dancer".

Were there others besides Heather Morris?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mark from SYTYCD season 4 was in the first Santana number. In the same vein, I saw Kherington from the same season 4 doing back-up dance duty for Katy Perry on SNL this past week.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I noticed the omnipresent Mark on the couch (why they hired him to sit on a couch is beyond me). But good golly, that guy is EVERYWHERE. In every Lady Gaga video and in half the dance numbers on TV. He's got to be the most workingest SYTYCD alum around.

The dancing in Slave 4 U was the best dancing they've ever had on the show.

I'll have to rewatch SNL for Kherington.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by mattCR

For those that dislike themed episodes, it should be noted another big one is coming up soon, as Glee takes on "Rocky Horror Picture Show"

http://www.ugo.com/tv/glee-rocky-horror-meat-loaf-barry-bostwick

I'm not a big fan of the themed episodes, but this one should be fun.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
So Shoe thinks that Brittany Spears is a bad role model, but he extols Madonna and Lady Gaga as empowering role models for teen girls? Kind of weak. Don't both fail the same "role model" test that Brittany does? I don't recall (but could be wrong) drug issues in Madonna's long career but she certainly has the same personal turmoil and drama as the other two.

And, in defense of Brittany (and I can't stand her, so it is surprising for me to defend her), she seems to have turned it around in the last couple of years. With the help of her family, intercepting Brittany's worst influences and interceding between her and the enablers, she seems to have gotten her mind back to business, her body back in shape, and her career back on track. Isn't that something that we would wish for our daughters if they had screwed up (as all teens and young 20s do to one degree or another)?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Gaga hasn't had drug issues. Still, I get your point. But Drug problems and being investigated by Children's Services probably puts britney below the other two as role models.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Originally Posted by mattCR

Gaga hasn't had drug issues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10843422

What annoys me about these theme shows is the universal love for the patron singer's music. Even if a character doesn't agree they're a good "role model" there's no character who'll say, "Their music sucks!" As such I just see it as bad product placement.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to Rocky Horror! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks