What's new

Dynasty Season Four Announced (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Would it hurt them so very much to make a Region 1 version available? Not fair--the Brits are now two years ahead of the Yanks! And it's a U.S. show to begin with! Not fair, not fair-- :D

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I always thought after "THE COLBYS" left the air the main characters should have transferred to "DYNASTY", too many holes left in both shows in the back and forth between the tw during the two years. .
The last season to me of "DYNASTY" was one of the better as Sable, Monica brought some new life to a show, that had lost steam after the first three seasons.
The whole ridiculous story line with long lost children, lost sisters, lost brothers, evil twins, and palace intrigue took a toll on the series and it became more of a sitcom. Diahann Carroll shows up, ridiculous story line as Blake's sister. Then he has two children he never knew he had the smarmy Adam and the Ditzy Amanda. While "The Colby's" was a much better series, with Stephanie Beacham, Katherine Ross and the great Stanwyck, Charlton Heston was totally stiff and miscast, though. They should have gotten someone that was not so stiff.
Like George Peppard (The Original choice for Blake).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
No front cover artwork up yet on Play.com but the promo picture they've currently got up on there is funny (Gerard looks like he's chewing a wasp!).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Dynasty: The Seventh Season is now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon UK.

3D front cover artwork for Dynasty: The Seventh Season (source: Play.com):

2ec60944_27219914_500x500_1.jpeg

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Hopefully CBS/P's UK and Europe branches will include the mini-series Dynasty: The Reunion with the Season 9 set, which if they continue releasing a season per year, won't be released until January 2014 (Season 6 was released in the UK in January this year, and Season 7 will be released at the end of next month).

Read about the Season 7 news on Soap Chat's forum, after seeing the BBFC listings for each episode.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have watched the seventh season premiere "The Victory", and on the whole the picture/print quality is a notch up from the general quality of the sixth season set. Just a couple of part-grainy scenes (a scene each in Blake's office and Alexis's office) and a slightly juddery camera shot (a scene in Blake's office). Thought at first, with the scrolling shot of the Rockies, that the colours were faded. Apart from this instance the majority of the picture quality in the episode wasn't faded. Quite clear in parts with the print (don't think it's been transferred to HD though).

Maybe my glasses were misty, but something looked different with the look of the start of the seventh season. Though it is an improvement on the sixth season set.

Disc 1's episode menu screen has the episode titles in turquoise, with John Forsythe on the episodes menu screen, and him and Linda Evans on the subtitles options menu screen. No slipcase this time, just a plastic DVD case with the seven discs inside, and synopsis' for all 28 episodes on the inside of the DVD sleeve.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
WaveCrest , Thanks for the info... My copy shipped from UK last weekend so I'm excited to get my copy. It is nice the quality seems better than season 6 but at this point I will take what I can as long as the episodes are as uncut/ unedited as they can be. I may have my copy Monday-Tuesdayish I hope.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The seventh season was my last favourite season of Dynasty. My interest waned with the last two seasons (with the exception of the hangover from The Colbys' series finale in the first few Season 8 episodes, and the murder case in the ninth season). Wish a couple of the castmembers who left at the end of the seventh season had stayed on.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
WaveCrest said:
The seventh season was my last favourite season of Dynasty. My interest waned with the last two seasons (with the exception of the hangover from The Colbys' series finale in the first few Season 8 episodes, and the murder case in the ninth season). Wish a couple of the castmembers who left at the end of the seventh season had stayed on.
My interest was waning at this time too. The whole 7th/8th season era was pretty dull, IMO. Season 6 was stupid, but at least it has its camp appeal. Seasons 7 & 8 were bogged down with storylines that seemed similar to ones we'd seen before, redundant characters (did the world really need Leslie, Dana or Sean?) and stupid daytime soap-type stories such as Krystina's sudden heart problems and the resultant kidnapping by (stupid) Sarah. I also think the Adam/Dana connection bogged down the storylines, and the exits of Claudia, Amanda, and Dominique did nothing for the show. Season 9, while still kinda stupid, was at least a breath of fresh air. They weren't afraid to inject a little black comedy into the mix now and then (just try to forget sick but hilarious Krystle's plate-throwing episode) and the return of popular cast members like Sable and Monica. It could have led into a good, solid Season 10, but no--the damage had already been done.
I always wondered, though--who do you think the "lady in the limo" was going to turn out to be in the final episode? Legend has it that it would have marked the (welcome) return of Dominique. The show needed her, if Joan Collins was leaving. Some believe that it was going to be Claudia--(we never actually saw her burn up in the fire. Notice that there's a weird edit in the Season 6 finale, right after Claudia freaks out and moving onto the shot of the fire alarm going off. Looks like they cut something out. Maybe Claudia actually ran off and survived that fire?) Others think it was either Dana, Lindsay or Leslie. My fondest wish was that it would have been Pamela Sue Martin in that limo--coming back to Denver to expose that imposter Fallon that had been hanging around for the past 5 seasons!
But enough--what in the world will it take to have the rest of Dynasty released in the United States? I can't believe they're already two seasons ahead in Britain. Come on, Paramount--catch us up.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger /t/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced/90#post_3894646
I rec'd my copy today from Amazon UK and my copy had a sparkling red glittery slipcover.
Must be isolated cases (pardon the pun). Had thought CBS/P's UK branch might have cut production costs by not using a cardboard slipcase over the plastic DVD case with the seven discs inside.

Post some comments when you can about the episodes in the seventh season set.

Hopefully the eighth season will be released in January 2013 (assuming it's released in Europe before the end of this year).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /t/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced/60#post_3894581
My interest was waning at this time too. The whole 7th/8th season era was pretty dull, IMO. Season 6 was stupid, but at least it has its camp appeal. Seasons 7 & 8 were bogged down with storylines that seemed similar to ones we'd seen before, redundant characters (did the world really need Leslie, Dana or Sean?) and stupid daytime soap-type stories such as Krystina's sudden heart problems and the resultant kidnapping by (stupid) Sarah. I also think the Adam/Dana connection bogged down the storylines, and the exits of Claudia, Amanda, and Dominique did nothing for the show. Season 9, while still kinda stupid, was at least a breath of fresh air. They weren't afraid to inject a little black comedy into the mix now and then (just try to forget sick but hilarious Krystle's plate-throwing episode) and the return of popular cast members like Sable and Monica. It could have led into a good, solid Season 10, but no--the damage had already been done.
I always wondered, though--who do you think the "lady in the limo" was going to turn out to be in the final episode? Legend has it that it would have marked the (welcome) return of Dominique. The show needed her, if Joan Collins was leaving. Some believe that it was going to be Claudia--(we never actually saw her burn up in the fire. Notice that there's a weird edit in the Season 6 finale, right after Claudia freaks out and moving onto the shot of the fire alarm going off. Looks like they cut something out. Maybe Claudia actually ran off and survived that fire?) Others think it was either Dana, Lindsay or Leslie. My fondest wish was that it would have been Pamela Sue Martin in that limo--coming back to Denver to expose that imposter Fallon that had been hanging around for the past 5 seasons!
But enough--what in the world will it take to have the rest of Dynasty released in the United States? I can't believe they're already two seasons ahead in Britain. Come on, Paramount--catch us up.
Regarding the final episode of Dynasty (not the reunion mini-series), can remember the shooting in the Carrington mansion, the balcony fall and the cave collapse, but not the "lady in the limo" at all from the final episode. Wish the characters Dominque and Garrett could have reunited, as there was mileage left in the character of Dominque. Disappointed when Ben left the series. What would have been an interesting contrast after he joined the good side, was to have some scenes with Alexis, after previously being in cahoots with her, plotting against Blake.

Also, didn't care much for Dana, Leslie (whose absence was never explained) and Sean either.

About the rest of Dynasty being released in the US, maybe it has been selling better in Europe and the UK? Hopefully the sixth season will be released before the end of this year.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
P & P, hat would be the reason for some copies of Dynasty: The Seventh Season from Amazon UK having no slipcases, when there appeared to be no problem with the fifth and sixth season Region 2 sets?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have watched up to halfway through disc 2, and so far the picture/print quality is an improvement on the sixth season R2 set of Dynasty. Whilst you can tell some of the sets and storylines are re-used, the show is still very watchable. Ricardo Montalban's second of two appearances in the next few episodes.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
TVShowsOnDVD news article, posted on their website last week (April 5th) about Dynasty: The Sixth Season - Volumes One and Two on Region 1, including final 3D front cover artwork for both volumes:

Dynasty: The Sixth Season - Volumes One and Two - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

CBS/P should have swapped the front cover artwork around with John James being on the front cover artwork for the first volume, as by that point in the 1985-86 season he had left Dynasty and the first season of The Colbys was already underway.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The eighth season of Dynasty has a possible Region 2 release date of Monday 30th July. A listing is on Amazon UK for the set, but it isn't available for DVD pre-order yet. So take this with a grain of salt (or a bag of salt), as there was a listing on Amazon UK for the third season of The Streets of San Francisco which never happened (the date isn't on there now, but it was going to be released in September 2010). If this July release is correct, then the eighth season is being released six months earlier than when I thought it would be released (January next year).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Dynasty: The Eighth Season is now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon UK, HMV.com and Play.com with a release date of Monday 30th July. Hopefully the front cover artwork will be up on these websites soon.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced/90#post_3922162
Dynasty: The Eighth Season is now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon UK, HMV.com and Play.com with a release date of Monday 30th July. Hopefully the front cover artwork will be up on these websites soon.

Thanks for that Update Pre-ordering for sure!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Hopefully the Fallon UFO flashback scenes are intact (when UK Gold showed the eighth season many years ago, the UFO scenes were cut).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks