What's new

The Worst Season You Have Ever Bought? (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Also, can you explain to me what "gos" stands for, I can't imagine that being anything but some abbreviation (like my JMV).

No abbreviation-- that simply is my short form of saying "seasons," and comes from auto racing, where a green flag means go, and a checkered flag means finish.

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
No abbreviation-- that simply is my short form of saying "seasons," and comes from auto racing, where a green flag means go, and a checkered flag means finish.
You explained, gave me some data, but I'm still confused. I personally like S's, but I don't think I've used it here. Of course, i think I wouldn't use it that way, because I'm always putting a number with them. For example S1-S8. So gos means multiple green flags in auto racing (or goes)?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
You explained, gave me some data, but I'm still confused. I personally like S's, but I don't think I've used it here. Of course, i think I wouldn't use it that way, because I'm always putting a number with them. For example S1-S8. So gos means multiple green flags in auto racing (or goes)?

Think of it, then, as a NASCAR race with stages (each stage representing a season). Do you think that explains it any better?

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
Think of it, then, as a NASCAR race with stages (each stage representing a season). Do you think that explains it any better?
What was that Ernest T Bass used to say? "The more you keep talkin, the more I keep balkin". No, that's not applicable here exactly, but it is amusing. But really, you are puzzling more (thus the Ernest T reference) with every word. Say something in polish now, I might just catch it😁. I don't know NASCAR AT ALL. Did I sort of guess what a gos was, that it's multiple green flags? So IOW, if I combine both explanations, you're saying it's getting multiple green flags over the entire course of the race (or gos)? I don't get why people wouldn't use a Gs or greens. Even 'goes' makes more sense, but I "ain't" NASCAR and never will be.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
2 Broke Girls season 2.

I enjoyed the first season in a Married with Children kind of bawdy anything-for-a-laugh capacity, plus I still love me some Kat Dennings, but I don't know if I've ever seen a show take a straight forward nosedive like this one so early on when it had so little lifting to do. The characters completely changed on whims, the jokes were completely unfunny, important plot points were thrown away offscreen... it turned me off the show and I haven't watched it since. I don't know if there was a major creative upheaval behind the scenes, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
2 Broke Girls season 2.

I enjoyed the first season in a Married with Children kind of bawdy anything-for-a-laugh capacity, plus I still love me some Kat Dennings, but I don't know if I've ever seen a show take a straight forward nosedive like this one so early on when it had so little lifting to do. The characters completely changed on whims, the jokes were completely unfunny, important plot points were thrown away offscreen... it turned me off the show and I haven't watched it since. I don't know if there was a major creative upheaval behind the scenes, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.
Thanks for the dirt😊. I think I saw that show that way the first season too. For some strange reason my mother liked it. I can only theorize that mother liked it because it was specifically about two girls as the focus. I don't know her love level of it exactly, but it reminds me of my great fascination for Malcom in the Middle. I just love seeing brothers fight and it being funny at the same time.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
The final season of King Of Queens.

IMO the show started taking a gradual nose dive several seasons earlier, although I bought each and every season when it was first released, as I really liked the show, even the last several seasons.

One (or two) of them I bought at Sony, and got a meager employee discount, which would have been cheaper at Costco, if they carried them.
I had to buy the last season (I think it was at Fry's) to complete the series set.

Although there were only 13 episodes (one more than half a season) in the ninth and final season, there wasn't a huge price cut on it, and certainly not half-price.

After all was said and done, I bought it for the Heffernan/Palmer bits in Home Cheapo.
the Single Spaced episode and the series finale, China Syndrome, but in the latter episode, I only l cared for it up through the wedding scenes.
When they left and tried to get the baby, and then a look into the future with said baby, they lost me.
They also showed bits of clips from past episodes, ending with the on the screen caption, "thanks for the ride" (which I wanted to say to them regarding the price and content of that final season!!!).

Extra credit for me was the episode Affair Trade, which I didn't see on broadcast TV, but I liked it on the DVD.

I liked four episodes in total!

YMMV.

Last edited:

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
The final season of King Of Queens.

IMO the show started taking a gradual nose dive several seasons earlier, although I bought each and every season when it was first released, as I really liked the show, even the last several seasons.

One (or two) of them I bought at Sony, and got a meager employee discount, which would have been cheaper at Costco, if they carried them.
I had to buy the last season (I think it was at Fry's) to complete the series set.

Although there were only 13 episodes (one more than half a season) in the ninth and final season, there wasn't a huge price cut on it, and certainly not half-price.

After all was said and done, I bought it for the Heffernan/Palmer bits in Home Cheapo.
the Single Spaced episode and the series finale, China Syndrome, but in the latter episode, I only l cared for it up through the wedding scenes.
When they left and tried to get the baby, and then a look into the future with said baby, they lost me.
They also showed bits of clips from past episodes, ending with the on the screen caption, "thanks for the ride" (which I wanted to say to them regarding the price and content of that final season!!!).

Extra credit for me was the episode Affair Trade, which I didn't see on broadcast TV, but I liked it on the DVD.

I liked four episodes in total!

YMMV.
Yes, that's pretty darn poor. I cared very little for the show, although this month I did maybe the fourth episode of the entire series, and the laughter was very forced, and it was absolutely cringeworthy (it bothered me enough I reported it on the forum). Not being a fan of the show at all, I do bump into later episodes every once in a while, and it's not too bad even for me, but that same episode I had seen as my first attempt to see the show when it was new on the air, and it made me stay away from the show very much. The only reason I pay any attention to it at all, has to do partly with them at least finding some rhythm as they went along, and things didn't seem so forced, plus, to some degree, I do have an interest in the things that repulse me at one time, because I like to figure out if I still have that much repulsion against it. I have found some things I hated, I like now, whereas some things I loved (like Herculoids) I absolutely loathe now. Thanks for the contribution. Your pick was rather center stage, because I had just griped about that one KOQ episode I saw, that recently.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
There are very series I have trashed (though sometimes I kept the cases if they were well-made), but the most reason was Season 1 of SEAL TEAM. By episode five the repetition had gotten to me, so I skipped to the finale. It ended with a cliffhanger. Goodbye. Today it's five seasons in, and I'm only curious about one thing: Did the white guys ever get a shave? (Not that I want to watch another minute to find out!)

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
There are very series I have trashed (though sometimes I kept the cases if they were well-made), but the most reason was Season 1 of SEAL TEAM. By episode five the repetition had gotten to me, so I skipped to the finale. It ended with a cliffhanger. Goodbye. Today it's five seasons in, and I'm only curious about one thing: Did the white guys ever get a shave? (Not that I want to watch another minute to find out!)
Brutal, just brutal! I've never seen the show. I think I've had more than my share of combat-related tv shows over the decades. Rat Patrol was just so damn childish, as an example, though I did like it as a child. The thought had run across my mind to buy the entire series, since it is so cheap on dvd, but I know I would hate myself if I did. I think I would only watch it just to make MST3K fodder out of it, because I know I wouldn't be able to resist to mock it to hell and back, but I would only do that if I got it for maybe a penny. Five bucks is way too much to pay for it, if I could get it that cheap.

Thanks for your entry, for at least you renewed my hatred for Rat Patrol with it😂. BTW, I wonder how much the Rat Patrol guys shaved?

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Yes, that's pretty darn poor. I cared very little for the show, although this month I did maybe the fourth episode of the entire series, and the laughter was very forced, and it was absolutely cringeworthy (it bothered me enough I reported it on the forum). Not being a fan of the show at all, I do bump into later episodes every once in a while, and it's not too bad even for me, but that same episode I had seen as my first attempt to see the show when it was new on the air, and it made me stay away from the show very much. The only reason I pay any attention to it at all, has to do partly with them at least finding some rhythm as they went along, and things didn't seem so forced, plus, to some degree, I do have an interest in the things that repulse me at one time, because I like to figure out if I still have that much repulsion against it. I have found some things I hated, I like now, whereas some things I loved (like Herculoids) I absolutely loathe now. Thanks for the contribution. Your pick was rather center stage, because I had just griped about that one KOQ episode I saw, that recently.
I did a quick search for the post(s) you mentioned in bolded text, but I couldn't find it.
Could you be so kind as to post a link?

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
I did a quick search for the post(s) you mentioned in bolded text, but I couldn't find it.
Could you be so kind as to post a link?
I'm not sure how to link a specific post, but it's on page 355 of the "What Did You Watch..." thread. Just search on that page for "queen". Otherwise, it's post 7,085.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I'm not sure how to link a specific post, but it's on page 355 of the "What Did You Watch..." thread. Just search on that page for "queen". Otherwise, it's post 7,085.
Thanks.

For future reference...most of the time on sites I've frequented, all one has to do is drag and drop the thread number icon to your browsers bookmark pane. Handy if one finds a particular post from any thread that they want bookmarked, to quickly pull up later.

In this case, I'm guessing just drag and drop that icon into the editing/posting window, like this.

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
Thanks.

For future reference...most of the time on sites I've frequented, all one has to do is drag and drop the thread number icon to your browsers bookmark pane. Handy if one finds a particular post from any thread that they want bookmarked, to quickly pull up later.

In this case, I'm guessing just drag and drop that icon into the editing/posting window, like this.

Okay, I don't like the first idea, particularly, but the last one is very quick and direct, so I'll test it now if I understand correctly: #32 of 33 . Hmm, I couldn't get this page to move to link to that earlier post, but I duped this page, dragged from that session to this session/tab, and it worked. Presumably, if I can drag from another session, I could also just copy it here and paste instead (without having to dupe the session), which is actually easier. I just had no idea you could do anything to post numbers at all. It is very rare I have need for that, but it does really come in handy if you want to comment on an old thread, and you're replying to somebody who had a comment along the way, but isn't the originator of the thread, therefore they have no idea what comment you're replying to. Muchas gracias senor.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Okay, I don't like the first idea, particularly, but the last one is very quick and direct, so I'll test it now if I understand correctly: #32 of 33 . Hmm, I couldn't get this page to move to link to that earlier post, but I duped this page, dragged from that session to this session/tab, and it worked. Presumably, if I can drag from another session, I could also just copy it here and paste instead (without having to dupe the session), which is actually easier. I just had no idea you could do anything to post numbers at all. It is very rare I have need for that, but it does really come in handy if you want to comment on an old thread, and you're replying to somebody who had a comment along the way, but isn't the originator of the thread, therefore they have no idea what comment you're replying to. Muchas gracias senor.
You're welcome.

Okay, I don't like the first idea, particularly, but the last one is very quick and direct, so I'll test it now if I understand correctly: #32 of 33 . Hmm, I couldn't get this page to move to link to that earlier post, but I duped this page, dragged from that session to this session/tab, and it worked
I don't know if I understand what you meant by 'different session' or having to 'dupe this page'. Do you mean logging out, then logging in on another day? If so, it will still work, in the same way that dragging a three year old saved TimeLife bookmark into this reply window will work.
I'll try it with a previous post of yours from another thread, which I bookmarked, came back to this reply window and dropped it in from my bookmarks pane:

#58 of 58

I have been logged in and out numerous time since you made that post.

The following was written before I wrote the above, so it may be redundant:

Sometimes I have just enough time to read through threads, but don't have enough time to post a comment, so that is why I drag them to the Firefox bookmark column on the left.
Then when I have time later, I merely click that saved post # (I don't even have to be in that particular thread to get there with that bookmarked post #), which takes me to that particular post, to either re-read (even years later) if it were lengthy/enjoyable or to reply to it, wherein I then click the 'Reply' button to reply to it after I drop in the link.

Another advantage to having the post# in the bookmark pane is that it's easier and more reliable than copying and pasting it from a different thread into the reply window of let's say this thread, like I did with your post# 58.

Apologies if I answered something you already knew, but it's a time saving trick that all can use.

Also, feel free to ask for more clarification if I didn't properly address the different session or having to dupe this page comment.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Brutal, just brutal! I've never seen the show. I think I've had more than my share of combat-related tv shows over the decades. Rat Patrol was just so damn childish, as an example, though I did like it as a child. The thought had run across my mind to buy the entire series, since it is so cheap on dvd, but I know I would hate myself if I did. I think I would only watch it just to make MST3K fodder out of it, because I know I wouldn't be able to resist to mock it to hell and back, but I would only do that if I got it for maybe a penny. Five bucks is way too much to pay for it, if I could get it that cheap.

Thanks for your entry, for at least you renewed my hatred for Rat Patrol with it😂. BTW, I wonder how much the Rat Patrol guys shaved?
But "RP" did have cool theme music from Dominic Frontiere!

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
You're welcome.

I don't know if I understand what you meant by 'different session' or having to 'dupe this page'. Do you mean logging out, then logging in on another day? If so, it will still work, in the same way that dragging a three year old saved TimeLife bookmark into this reply window will work.
I'll try it with a previous post of yours from another thread, which I bookmarked, came back to this reply window and dropped it in from my bookmarks pane:

#58 of 58

I have been logged in and out numerous time since you made that post.

The following was written before I wrote the above, so it may be redundant:

Sometimes I have just enough time to read through threads, but don't have enough time to post a comment, so that is why I drag them to the Firefox bookmark column on the left.
Then when I have time later, I merely click that saved post # (I don't even have to be in that particular thread to get there with that bookmarked post #), which takes me to that particular post, to either re-read (even years later) if it were lengthy/enjoyable or to reply to it, wherein I then click the 'Reply' button to reply to it after I drop in the link.

Another advantage to having the post# in the bookmark pane is that it's easier and more reliable than copying and pasting it from a different thread into the reply window of let's say this thread, like I did with your post# 58.

Apologies if I answered something you already knew, but it's a time saving trick that all can use.

Also, feel free to ask for more clarification if I didn't properly address the different session or having to dupe this page comment.
Let me explain. My first problem was, in the case I tried, was taking #32 in that same thread, and trying to drop it in the reply box. That would not work, because while dragging, the page wouldn't scroll (although, in my haste I might have been scrolling through data, instead of the page proper [somewhat to the side, the base of the page you might say], and that might make a difference). My next step was to do a duplicate tab (duping the session). Oddly enough, assuming I position the reply box onscreen, I can drag from anywhere from the "duped tab" into that reply box on that first tab, because that requires no scrolling in the reply box screen. All this involves no logging out whatsoever. Right click a tab, and one of the options is to duplicate that tab, so then you're on that thread TWICE in a sense. Basically, dragging doesn't allow any page scrolling, so you have to have the receiving reply box already in position. Like I said as well, I didn't even have to do any of that, but, without testing, you could just copy the post number, and then paste it into the reply box I presume. Doing dupe tabs is a major asset for me.

I presume now being able to work off of post numbers now, or some at least, that will pinpoint better for me what I want to do. People talk of "bookmarks, and I think they're the same thing, but I always think of them as links instead, I just don't have any links, to this date, that go directly to a certain post, but a page instead. Actually, I think it's VERY rare for me to save a page as a link anyway as far as forums are concerned, and maybe I'll be more apt to do that presuming I can pinpoint posts this way.

Duping a tab is a major asset, if you ever get into the net where it's somewhat likely things may get so confused (due to adds) you're liable to knock out the original tab (I often use this when I want to work on the duped tab, but still want the original tab for backup if things go awry. Also, in a lot of cases, you can start an empty tab, right-click it and you can "reopen" that closed tab you last had, and often it will go through a large numbers of closed tabs and keep adding them if you persist. I don't recall it working if you temporarily lose all your net sessions. I most commonly use Edge as my browser BTW, but I think IE works the same way. I've used Firefox, but it irritates me quite a bit. I'm all Edge, and only use the two aforementioned when I run into suspected difficulties using Edge on a site.

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
But "RP" did have cool theme music from Dominic Frontiere!
Yes, Dominic could fool you that way. Such an awesome theme, and such a dumb show. If only Hitler would had put the entire eastern front armies against those jeeps, they might had stood a chance.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Let me explain. My first problem was, in the case I tried, was taking #32 in that same thread, and trying to drop it in the reply box. That would not work, because while dragging, the page wouldn't scroll...

Charles, you're over-complicating it buddy.
I see that you are still in this thread, so I have no problem walking you through it.
It will be easier than for me to anticipate problems you might have that you don't actually have.

I made a temp folder for screenshot purposes of my left column of saved bookmarks, where all of mine reside, but putting it in a folder is not necessary, at least not in Firefox.
Note that your post 58 is in it.

Do the same thing from any post# from a different thread onto where your browser stores bookmarks, then come back to this thread and drag and drop it into this thread's reply window.
I'll explain the other potential obstacles and shortcuts later, but first, get that way to work, it'll be easier in the longrun.

Use the reply window that that opens when you reply to this post, so I can receive an alert when you're finished.

Bookmark Help.png

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
Charles, you're over-complicating it buddy.
I see that you are still in this thread, so I have no problem walking you through it.
It will be easier than for me to anticipate problems you might have that you don't actually have.

I made a temp folder for screenshot purposes of my left column of saved bookmarks, where all of mine reside, but putting it in a folder is not necessary, at least not in Firefox.
Note that your post 58 is in it.

Do the same thing from any post# from a different thread onto where your browser stores bookmarks, then come back to this thread and drag and drop it into this thread's reply window.
I'll explain the other potential obstacles and shortcuts later, but first, get that way to work, it'll be easier in the longrun.

Use the reply window that that opens when you reply to this post, so I can receive an alert when you're finished.

View attachment 113220
That just seems relatively complicated, I would only send it to my links, if I wanted to keep it. So in replying to you, the first thing I did was right-click and copy it. Now I'm going to dump it here: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...ason-you-have-ever-bought.372828/post-5036126

Hmm, it doesn't do the same thing it did before (when I did the duped tab), but it does work on your end I presume (I can't know until I submit it). Just copy and paste. It should go to your post #39. Sure, I could dump into my links, but there's no point in doing that if you just want the post for this one occasion.

(later edited) Okay, it did exactly what I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks