What's new

Dynasty Season Four Announced (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
If there isn't an announcement for SEASON 5 FULL Season of Dynasty soon, then I am jumping ship and purchasing both seasons 5 and 6 from the UK. I can watch them on my computer. I'd rather have a US release but one half season every year isn't cutting it.

We need release news of a complete 5th season for North America and soon.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'm assuming these sets are not selling all that well. But these half season releases are making it take forever to get this show out on DVD.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Gosh, what would it take to get Dynasty on dvd a little faster. Dallas somehow managed to get all the way through its long 14 seasons...Dynasty only had nine! Was Warners behind Dallas because they knew there were future Dallas projects in the works? It would make sense. Now, if only they'd do a "Dynasty" update/spinoff; maybe that's the only way to get the old show on dvd. I imagine they could do a "Gossip Girl" type show that featured Krystina in college or grad school (yeah, I know the girl would be about 27 in 2011, but they could downplay her age a little). Or have it be a sort of "Young Kennedys" type thing with the Carrington offspring battling it out. There were four main Carrington offspring on the show, and of course Adam's long-lost son could suddenly pop up. And while you would focus on the younger generation rather than the old timers, you could still have cameos by John James, Gordon Thomson, Emma Samms and of course...Joan Collins making an annual appearance or something. Sounds like a primetime soap to me. If TNT wants to bring back Dallas, maybe USA could bring back Dynasty. I dunno...I'd watch it.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Paramount remasters their shows. Warner doesn't. That may account for why it's taking so long. And of course the ever-popular explanation "the economy."

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
But then again...take what I said in my last post and forget it!! It seems they are trying to make a Dynasty movie, but it's a prequel. Well, if that is so, then no doubt Paramount will have to take another look at the Dynasty dvd situation and get more seasons out there! Here's a bit of an article I found on the proposed film:

In an interview with E!, Richard Shapiro says the story will be about “how young Blake doesn't realize he's the son of Tom Carrington, but then he finds himself at the head of this company and surrounded by assassins and people who want to do him in”—a plot, you may remember, that’s reminiscent of Blake’s attempted assassination by The Consortium, as detailed in 1991’s miniseries Dynasty: The Reunion. (You remember that, right?) Presumably this new film would expand on the Consortium mythology, and explain why a guy who spent nearly 30 years as the target of shadowy underground organizations didn’t just go ahead and retire, well before all the kidnappings-of-infant-sons and Moldavian-massacres-at-weddings took place. Though if not, Shapiro optimistically promises that this film is the “first in a Dynasty franchise.”

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have a few seasons of dynasty and do watch it from time to time. I like the cast assemble especially john forsythe as the lead character and Joan Collins as rival was great for the plot. I am not a big fan of pamela sue martin, especially after watching her in hardy boys/nancy drew mysteries.

allanfisch

Agent
Real Name
Allan
Through season 6 has been released in Europe for those who don't want to wait or deal with buying 2 sets/season.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by allanfisch
Through season 6 has been released in Europe for those who don't want to wait or deal with buying 2 sets/season.
I'd have gotten season 6, but I'm worried because they told me the picture quality wasn't very good. Let's see what they come up with for Region 1. To be honest, I strongly recall that when season six aired in the U.S., it did look really bad for some reason. I don't know if Spelling used a cheaper film stock that year or what. But if they can't fix it, we'll put up with it for that lone season :(

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
I'd have gotten season 6, but I'm worried because they told me the picture quality wasn't very good. Let's see what they come up with for Region 1. To be honest, I strongly recall that when season six aired in the U.S., it did look really bad for some reason. I don't know if Spelling used a cheaper film stock that year or what. But if they can't fix it, we'll put up with it for that lone season :(
Maybe they switched to videotape post-production or got a different DP (everything I've seen of the show has been thanks to the DVDs so I can't comment).

allanfisch

Agent
Real Name
Allan
Only the last two seasons of Dynasty were finished on videotape. But Season 6 appears to be older masters.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by allanfisch
Only the last two seasons of Dynasty were finished on videotape. But Season 6 appears to be older masters.
No, I swear something was funky when season 6 aired--it always looked very very dull compared to the surrounding seasons. At the time, I'd simply assumed the budget had gotten out of hand so they'd switched to a cheaper film stock. Whereas, while season 9 was edited on videotape it looked 10X more colorful and vibrant than season 6 ever did. I taped the entire series from its original airings and you can literally tell the difference from season to season. Colbys Season 1 also looked as bad as Dynasty 6; they aired the same year. So something was up at the Spelling factory--

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The TVShowsOnDVD news article posted in post #68 has been updated with front cover artwork for the two Season 5 (Region 1) volumes.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Still nothing on Amazon UK yet for Dynasty: The Seventh Season, but have read on Soap Chat that it's being released in some European countries before the end of this year. Some front cover artwork was posted in the thread for Season 7 (John Forsythe, Linda Evans and Joan Collins on a red background).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Dynasty: The Seventh Season has a UK release date of Monday 30th January, 2012. All 28 episodes have been passed by the BBFC today. At the moment the set is only available for DVD pre-order on HMV.com and Play.com.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Hopefully the DVD pre-order price on Amazon UK is similar to or the same as on HMV.com (find the latter can be a bit slow with delivery).

The seventh season of Dynasty was my last favourite season.

Didn't like the change of hotel, but the crossover appearances from Colbys castmembers was welcome. Pity though that Christopher Cazenove and Diahann Carroll left.

At a push Season 8 was fine (liked the hangover from The Colbys finale).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks