What's new

Dynasty Season Four Announced (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
They definately need to go back to full-season releases after s4v2. Not just with Dynasty but with other stuff aswell. Paramount: just do us all a solid .. drop volumes! okay now back to reality. ;)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I guess the second half is coming out next week; and I don't know if it's a mistake, but amazon has it at this moment listed at only $13.49, down from $36.98. So if it's a glitch, you'd better go and order it right now!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by MattH. /forum/thread/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced#post_3653255
The review for the set will be up later today. I'm working on it now.
Cool! Season four is actually my favorite and I'm happy to have it complete. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that hopes it's not the end of Dynasty on dvd. Season five was a fairly crazy season with some oddball storylines, but there is a kind of sick thrill in seeing all the Carringtons gunned down in the last episode lol

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /forum/thread/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced#post_3653220
I guess the second half is coming out next week; and I don't know if it's a mistake, but amazon has it at this moment listed at only $13.49, down from $36.98. So if it's a glitch, you'd better go and order it right now!
I was surprised to see this price.. when I went to order it the other day along with Mary Tyler Moore: S6. So hopefully it sticks until it is shipped. A very nice deal!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
You can pre-order the fourth season on Region 2 for around £16-£18 on Play.com and Amazon.co.uk. The good thing is the whole season will be released in one plastic DVD box/case (the same as the first three seasons on Region 2), instead of two volumes on Region 1.

I just hope CBS DVD quicken the releases up, as if they continue to release Dynasty in half season boxsets we won't see the second half of the fifth season before the end of this year, and we certainly won't see the first half of the first season of The Colbys before the end of this year.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /forum/thread/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced#post_3653723
You can pre-order the fourth season on Region 2 for around £16-£18 on Play.com and Amazon.co.uk. The good thing is the whole season will be released in one plastic DVD box/case (the same as the first three seasons on Region 2), instead of two volumes on Region 1.
I just hope CBS DVD quicken the releases up, as if they continue to release Dynasty in half season box sets we won't see the second half of the fifth season before the end of this year, and we certainly won't see the first half of the first season of The Colbys before the end of this year.
The U.S. version is still listing at $13.49!!! I had actually pre-ordered this back in December, and it was about $26.99 then. So I looked in my upcoming orders section and it was even lower! It said I had paid $10.99 for it! Well, no matter if it's a glitch or not, if you pre-order something, amazon has to honor the lowest price for that item between the time you ordered it and the day it ships. That's their policy. So I guess at some point it was set to $10.99, and that's what I'm gonna end up paying. This has got to be a total mistake. So take advantage of it now if you want that set!
If they ever release the Colbys, I certainly hope they don't go with half-seasons; it'll take forever. I'm not sure if I should hold out hope for that series, but it would certainly be nice. It's only 2 seasons and 49 episodes, had tons of big stars. I dunno, it wasn't the most popular show ever aired, but it has a lot of fans.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Davidh27 /forum/thread/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced#post_3656051
The Australian release of season 4 is also the one full set.
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/809705
Just a tad over $30 U.S. + postage.
Well why couldn't they do it that way in the U.S.? One volume, great price. Lousy cover art, but all in all, the way to sell things in the U.S. is to make them come out fast, cheap, and complete.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There's now a pre-order listing on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com for the fifth season of Dynasty, with a release date of Monday 21st June, but I doubt it will be released on Region 2 until it's been released on Region 1.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It sure would be nice if CBS/Paramount would surprise us all and get back to full season releases starting with Season 5.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /forum/thread/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced#post_3656313
There's now a pre-order listing on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com for the fifth season of Dynasty, with a release date of Monday 21st June, but I doubt it will be released on Region 2 until it's been released on Region 1.
I don't know why that listing was put up; there's not even a stub for Season 5 in amazon.com. I would be satisfied knowing that Season 5 Vol. 1 was coming to the U.S. in June; much less the entire season. But I thought their tradition was to wait for both halves to be released in the U.S., then the complete season in the U.K.
Just more confusion and idiocy brought you to by the fine folks at Paramount.

Davidh27

Auditioning
Real Name
david
My 4.2 got shipped at 10.99 from Amazon. Bit of wierd discount for a so-called new release-even though that's all its really worth. Maybe they want to clear out all stock of it ASAP!

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
It looks like they are also selling a season FOUR bundle pack also.. so it could be Paramount is being good natured thru amazon with the cheaper price on VOL 2...It seems like more and more I actually have hope we could get a Season 5 Full season announcement. Which would be cool.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /forum/thread/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced/30#post_3656326
I don't know why that listing was put up; there's not even a stub for Season 5 in amazon.com. I would be satisfied knowing that Season 5 Vol. 1 was coming to the U.S. in June; much less the entire season. But I thought their tradition was to wait for both halves to be released in the U.S., then the complete season in the U.K.
Just more confusion and idiocy brought you to by the fine folks at Paramount.
Seeing how quick the eighth season of Hawaii Five-O is coming out in the UK after the seventh season (seven weeks gap), makes me wonder if that will be postponed by a few months. However, the difference between Season 8 of Hawaii Five-O and Dynasty: Season 5 on Region 2, is the fact which has been said here a few times....Season 8 of Hawaii Five-O has been announced for Region 1 and Season 5 of Dynasty hasn't.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
What has puzzled me, even though I'm very pleased about it, is the continuation of Dynasty on Region 2 DVD. I had my doubts when I saw a Region 2 DVD release date of Monday 21st June on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com. But on 29th April last week the BBFC added to their website listings for all 29 fifth season episodes. This could mean the 21st June release date is true, unless the fifth season set gets delayed and the first volume of the fifth season is announced for and released on Region 1 inbetween.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I will say this about DYNASTY, if they don't announce Season 5 as a FULL SEASON Set I will just import the UK version that is coming out in JUNE. I don't care if I have to watch them on my computer. The half season sets have to stop. It takes a year for so few episodes, and then they wonder where the sales go. Paramount/CBS and Spelling estate seem to kill the sales with greed. If they want more money just plug a full season set at 49.99 or 59.99 retail. The online discounts are generally decent.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm wondering whether CBS DVD have had the fifth season episodes remastered. If so, great.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Do they need to be remastered? Every episode from the first 4 seasons has looked great !

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I think so. CBS DVD have done a great job with digitially remastering the Dynasty, Hawaii Five-O, The Invaders, Mannix and Mission: Impossible DVD sets. With the Dynasty sets released so far on Region 2 (seasons one to four) they look probably even better than when they were first shown on BBC1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks