What's new

Your favorite TV quotes of all time (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
"I haven't taken day off since law school, I have no family, I guess I'll have to cram 20 years of living into 1...or 2"

potnoodle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Will F
"You could look up Disgusting in the dictionary and there'd be a picure of this" - Mama on Mama's Family.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
"So I gave you power, huh? Well let me tell you something, boy... If I did give you power, you've got NOTHIN'! Nobody gives you power. Real power is something you TAKE!"

- Jock Ewing said this to the still inexperienced Bobby, who was temporarily placed in charge of the company after JR's shooting and was confronting Jock in public for using company money to make his own deals without consulting Bobby first. Great quote and great overall scene; one of Jim's best as Jock. (original

That's a powerful statement. It shows jock at his best and worst. Makes you wonder how bobby got his nice streak with josh being like that.

Jthree

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
No man's ready to get married. You gotta get 'em ready, like you get a steer ready for slaughter ~ Granny

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Another Granny-ism on marriage:

Thirteen and Fourteen: You're in your prime.
Fifteen and Sixteen: Ya still got time.
Seventeen and Eighteen: You're time's near done.
Nineteen and Twenty: Your pa needs a gun!

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Rob_Ray said:
Another Granny-ism on marriage:

Thirteen and Fourteen: You're in your prime.
Fifteen and Sixteen: Ya still got time.
Seventeen and Eighteen: You're time's near done.
Nineteen and Twenty: Your pa needs a gun!
Needless to say, no character could say this on a show today.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Out of the mouth of Broderick Crawford comes this gem from "Highway Patrol" as Dan Matthews.

10-4

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
I don't remember the quote exactly but in S9 of The Beverly Hillbillies, the women's lib movement had taken hold and Jed and Jethro were for some reason moving into Miss Jane's apartment. Miss Jane told Granny there was no TV and Granny responded that Jethro would miss TV. Miss Jane asked Granny what his favorite show was:Well, here lately he's taken quite a liking to Sesame Street.....

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
In that same arc of episodes, Mr. Drysdale had somehow managed to move in a family of Japanese servants. Jethro at his finest asked one of the Japanese men for a "karate chop" and said it must be something like a pork chop! The guy told Jethro he did not want a karate chop but Jethro insisted! Later, he said he wanted a "sumo crush" and said it must be something like a Grape Crush! Roflmbo!!!

Later in the episode, Jed was talking about how nice the Japanese people were to them and Jethro said "don't ever ask them about food......they get really riled up!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks