What's new

LG offers $1,200 Labor Day discount on 77-inch OLED TV (1 Viewer)

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
LG has announced a limited time promotional price of $3,799 on the 77-inch class LG OLED CX 4K TV through September 7th from authorized dealers, representing a $1,200 saving from the original debut price. The “Fear of Missing OLED” or “FOMO” offer is one of several promotions on LG TVs and sound bars running from now through Labor Day.
“More and more people are looking at ways to improve their home entertainment experience, and most every reviewer annually agrees that there truly is no better way than with an LG OLED TV,” said Tim Alessi, LG’s U.S. head of home entertainment product marketing. “Our limited-time promotion for Labor Day creates the ideal opportunity to make that upgrade and bring the excitement of live sports, the latest movies and all of your favorite content to life at home.”
LG says it offers the widest selection of OLED models on the market and that more than one million have sold in the US alone. 8.2 million self-lit pixels can be individually controlled and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have recently 'upgraded' from the 2017 LG E7 to the 2020 48"CX. I could not be more excited about the CX line. The 77" version is a monster. $3799 or cheaper is an amazing price. Buy with confidence.

Here's how good the CX is: If they make an 88" version for 2021 I may never buy a projector again. HDR on OLED is so far better than any rear projector can make that it would be worth it to downsize from 120" to 88" to do so.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Here's how good the CX is: If they make an 88" version for 2021 I may never buy a projector again. HDR on OLED is so far better than any rear projector can make that it would be worth it to downsize from 120" to 88" to do so.

I agree the 88" would be the TV to have, if it wasn't so darn expensive. I did look at the Sony 85" 8K but decided it would be too big for my new room. So I went with the 2019 77" C9... It has been a terrific TV.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I have recently 'upgraded' from the 2017 LG E7 to the 2020 48"CX. I could not be more excited about the CX line. The 77" version is a monster. $3799 or cheaper is an amazing price. Buy with confidence.

Rear projector? I haven’t heard of those in years! :D I suppose you realize that rear projection means the projector is behind the screen, and not behind the audience?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Rear projector? I haven’t heard of those in years! :D I suppose you realize that rear projection means the projector is behind the screen, and not behind the audience?
I suspect Sam meant an illuminated panel based TV, not rear projection. Just a guess...

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
Well LG has the 88", albeit 8K at $30,000, so likely in 5 years it too will be under $4,000! Time flies and all that - remember 6 years ago the 77" 4K OLED was $25,000! So it's not hard to imagine 8K prices declining at a similar trajectory once Chinese factories begin 8K OLED production in a few years.

Frankie_A

Agent

And here's how much I hate LG for discontinuing 3D capability in their OLED TVs -- they could offer this 77in for $1000 which has no 3D capability, and I'd tell them they can shove it. So for those of us who still love 3D, we HAVE no choice but to look to front projectors to give us that visual experience, and once you go projection, they you that moves you in a real theatre trajectory -- masking, motorized curtains, curtain warmers on dimmers, acoustic screens with THREE identical speaker systems behind it with a REAL center channel, not some whimpy little sound "bar" center channel wannabe. Once you start in with video projection, you will be wandering into real men's territory, i.e., real theatre environment, not some anemic, afraid-to-offend, must-still-look-like-a-living-room syndrome that home theatre tends to wind up being. Once you come out of the closet and admit what you really want, that is, a THEATRE, not a living room made to mimic a theatre, the admission will be cathartic and the freedom it will bring will be transformative.

In short, LG and Samsun...a curse on BOTH your houses.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Amazon has this TV for the $3800 and some extras. It doesn’t mention it’s a sale price. Is this going up $1200 after Labor Day? They’ve some other 75” LGs for the same $3800 like the C9. Is the CX considered superior to the C9?

Here’s a link to the CX:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon has this TV for the $3800 and some extras. It doesn’t mention it’s a sale price. Is this going up $1200 after Labor Day? They’ve some other 75” LGs for the same $3800 like the C9. Is the CX considered superior to the C9?

Here’s a link to the CX:

I believe the CX is the 2020 model while the C9 is the 2019 model. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Here’s a link to the CX:

definitely recommend HTFers get a quote from @Robert_Zohn at Value before you blindly buy at Amazon :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Wish I can convince my wife we need *both* a newly dedicated HT room and all the upgrades for it (w/ new FP, etc) *and* a new 77" OLED for the living room (to replace the current, living room setup), hahaha... Think we're saving enough to buy the latter just from ending one particular (2ndary) track of music lessons for our 13-yo for this coming year, LOL... :lol:

_Man_

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
definitely recommend HTFers get a quote from @Robert_Zohn at Value before you blindly buy at Amazon :)
Definitely my thought, but I notice that the valueelectronics.com website shows a sale price of $3997, whereas it's $200 less everywhere else.

This offer is tempting but my timeline was more for Black Friday. So hopefully prices like this (or lower! :) ) will be around then.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Definitely my thought, but I notice that the valueelectronics.com website shows a sale price of $3997, whereas it's $200 less everywhere else.

This offer is tempting but my timeline was more for Black Friday. So hopefully prices like this (or lower! :) ) will be around then.
I’m sure Value Electronics would easily price match. @Robert_Zohn

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Talk to Robert Zohn.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Right, because a small mom and pop place didn't immediately update their website right before a national holiday while multinational corporations had their drones do it....

Jeez...

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, if this place hadn't already sold out, they'd probably have the best deal on that right now (w/ their extra 10% off... and apparently, no sales tax for delivery outside IN):

I actually just took the plunge on the Epson 5050UB FP (that's been discounted everywhere by Epson just for the week) w/ the extra 10% off -- just couldn't resist at ~$2340 shipped. Otherwise, was probably gonna order it from B&H...

Place seems pretty legit as people (on AVS, et al) have ordered (at least the Epson FP) from them over the past 1/2 year or so w/out problems (w/ warranties registered just fine). I did place my order w/ my Amex Optima CC for added security though...

_Man_

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Right, because a small mom and pop place didn't immediately update their website right before a national holiday while multinational corporations had their drones do it....

Jeez...
If I wanted to buy this weekend I'd want to support Value, and probably get the calibration from them. But the sale supposedly was going to end yesterday, so I was just pointing out the price discrepancy. So back off Sam. Jeez yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks