What's new
World Wide Stereo

Yamaha RX-V675 - No sound (1 Viewer)

JJMike

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Hi all,

I'll try to be as concise as possible since I'm a total novice at this.

I just moved into a house that's got a speaker system installed in the ceiling. It's connected to a Yamaha RX-V675 receiver, with a TS4DLS zone selector (I assume that's what it's called). I know that this setup has worked one time, and never worked again. As I mentioned, total novice, and have no idea where to start with troubleshooting. I've checked that all of the wiring coming from the wall is securely plugged in and whatnot, but whether or not the cables are in any of the right places is beyond me (I didn't set this up, my father-in-law did long before we acquired this house). I'm not sure whether I should be troubleshooting the speakers, the receiver, the zone selector thing, or all of the above. I can say that the receiver, when plugged into a pair of speakers on the shelf, works perfectly fine. I get sound and the quality is fine.

Really any advice on where to start in this would be much appreciated.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks