What's new

help needed on my yamaha rx v2700 please (1 Viewer)

coltnay1851

Auditioning
Real Name
allen
hi all if anyone could help would be good i have a yamaha rx v2700 receiver when i watch the tv it all works fine but if i change it over to say phono dvd cd then back to cable/sat the tv stays blank with no pic or sound and the 2700 does not show up hdmi the only way i can get my tv back is to turn everything off wait 20 mins then put it all back on anyone who has had the same or could shed some light would be amazing many thanks allen

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It might help to know how are you changing inputs, and what connections you've used for any attached components.
I've had several Yamaha receivers, but they all have slightly different controls that your 2700; but in my experience the problem you're seeing occurs when the inputs are not probably mapped. If you ran the auto configure after everything was attached I'd have expected these to be set correctly, but hey, this don't always work as planned. If you haven't already, take a look at page-95 of the manual ('I/O Assignment').

coltnay1851

Auditioning
Real Name
allen
ive worked it out that this happens when its been on a while and when its got hot when its first put on i can select dif inputs then go back and will find cable/sat

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does it have enough room over it to vent Away heat?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks