What's new

Mitsubishi WD-65735 questions (1 Viewer)

MITSUBISHI QUESTIONS

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I know this is a discontinued television (WD-65735) but it's all I have at the moment. I have two receivers: an Integra DTR 80.2 and a Yamaha RX-V4A. Is it possible to connect both receivers to this television in order to view the on screen menus for each? There are three HDMI input ports on the TV but I can't seem to view the menus of both receivers when connecting to these ports. Any help would be appreciated.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm confused. Are you wanting to view the menus for both receivers simultaneously? Also, not all receivers had on-screen menus.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just to add, the Yamaha is a current model, and should have an on-screen menu, but the Integra is from an era when they often didn't. You don't say which one you can view on the TV.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some older receivers only allow the on-screen menu to display through the the RCA coaxial cable connection.

MITSUBISHI QUESTIONS

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
No, I'm sorry. I did a bad job of describing what I'm trying to do. Both the Integra and the Yamaha display a menu on the television screen. This is the way to visually access many of the parameters for the receivers. I want to be able to switch the Integra on and then view the on screen menu for it's parameters, switch it off, and then do the same the same for the Yamaha. Not simultaneously. If it helps understand more what I'm doing, the Integra is my home theater receiver while the Yamaha powers my outside system around the porch of my home. If you need more info, just ask. I appreciate your response.

MITSUBISHI QUESTIONS

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Just to add, the Yamaha is a current model, and should have an on-screen menu, but the Integra is from an era when they often didn't. You don't say which one you can view on the TV.
Both have the ability to show an on screen menu. The Mitsubishi has 3 HDMI inputs. Both receivers have HDMI outputs. I'm just not sure how to switch between the two.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I looked at the manual for the Yamaha. The settings menus should pop up if you press "settings". The receiver may be looking for a particular HDMI input or output for onscreen menus. They may have it programmed to go out and/or be received over a specific HDMI port.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's actually very simple.

Connect an hdmi from each receiver's output (the main one if it has two) to an input on the TV. When you want to view the menu for that receiver, select the TV hdmi input it is connected to.

It occurred to me that sometimes you can't select an hdmi input that's not receiving a signal. Usually not, but sometimes. If that's the case, the receiver you want to select will have to be turned on first.

Last edited:

MITSUBISHI QUESTIONS

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike

Connect an hdmi from each receiver's output (the main one if it has two) to an input on the TV. When you want to view the menu for that receiver, select the TV hdmi input it is connected to.

It occurred to me that sometimes you can't select an hdmi input that's not receiving a signal. Usually not, but sometimes. If that's the case, the receiver you want to select will have to be turned on first.
I've tried that but will try again. There are so many different scenarios I've tried, that I've probably missed the correct one. It'll be this evening at best before I can take another look. Thanks JohnRice.

MITSUBISHI QUESTIONS

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike

You were correct JohnRice. The Mitsubishi TV is confusing with the hoops that have to be jumped through in order to do what I wanted. The HDMI inputs and the selection of each is a bit convoluted, but with your advice, I was able to pull it off. Sometimes my brain glosses over when trying to merge older components with newer ones. A lack of IQ on my part I suppose. Thanks to all for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks