What's new

Frame T V 2022 HDMI issues with Yamaha TSR700 receiver (1 Viewer)

Josephwit

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
I have a 2020 50" Frame TV in my bedroom, use the TV speakers, love it, works great, no issues.

In the living room, new 65" 2022 Frame TV (amazing!) with a 2021 Yamaha TSR700 receiver and 5.1.2 speaker system. Can't get the HDMI communication to behave! Both units have latest versions of HDMI and ARC, and have latest firmware. Issues:

The receiver turns off when I power off the TV (Frame remote), but does not power on when I turn the TV back on.

The TV keeps resetting sound to "TV speakers" after I select the audio receiver in Frame TV settings.

The audio is delayed compared to the video when watching TV built-in apps (Netflix, etc). Both the TV and receiver have settings to change the delay to correct this, but they don't do anything.

I have the Frame TV HDMI out connected to the ARC HDMI of the receiver. Only device connected directly to the receiver is turntable, since the receiver has a preamp. For a while, when I select receiver settings, it switched input to the PHONO, though lately it remains on TV.

Really buggy! I have played with all of the HDMI settings on both units for hours and can't get reasonable communication.

Any advice would be really appreciated!! Thanks, Joe

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
Had the same problem with a Samsung 55RU8000 talking to my Denon AVR-2312ci. I just gave up and returned it. The replacement LG 55UM7300 had no issues, or did the previous LG 47LW5600 before it. Now I have a Hisense 65U6G and once again, no problems talking to it.

When I researched the Samsung problem, at the time there was plenty of internet traffic stating how Samsung TVs had HDMI issues with Home Theater Receivers and had the same issues I did.

I'll be upfront, I'm not a Samsung person at all, I hate my Samsung Phone, it's very unreliable but wanted the camera section which works when it wants. Had problems with Samsung tablets but Lenovo and Fire tablet were fine. Loved all my LG phones, wish they didn't stop making phones or I'd have another.

I went to the Samsung Television because of the rave reviews and coworker praise on their performance. Against my better judgement, I bought the 55RU8000. It was a disappointment in performance and function. Returned it and got the LG 55UM7300 which had much better performance and functioned like it was suppose to.

I stated all this to show I do have a bias against Samsung but the HDMI issues are real and were acknowledged on the internet back in 2019 when I bought that TV.

Hopefully Samsung Support can issue you a firmware fix that allows reliable HDMI communication. Good luck.

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
I will say disable all HDMI control. It's great for simple systems but for more complex HT systems, it can operate devices that you don't want operated.

I don't use any HDMI control or HDMI Arc. I use the Optical digital signal of my TV to go to my receiver for 4K devices. I do this since my receiver is not 4K compatible so I need to plug 4K devices straight to TV. I leave 1080P devices connected to my Denon AVR-2312ci receiver and use the HDMI out of the Denon to the TV on one of it's HDMI inputs. I use 3 HDMI TV Inputs, Sony 4K Blu-ray player, Denon Receiver, and Roku Streaming Stick 4K. I use the Fire TV Stick 4K Max strictly for Amazon Music Unlimited/UHD so it goes straight to Denon receiver. I continue to keep my Magnavox DVD recorder and Denon Universal DVD-Player connected directly to my Denon Receiver since those Video devices are 1080P (up-conversion).

Josephwit

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
Thank you for the above responses. For me, the cosmetics of the Samsung frame TV are so overwhelmingly great that it outweighs these problems. The picture frame on the wall is mind blowing. I am frankly surprised, given how much technology in related fields has improved, that HDMI issues are still so difficult.

My TV is the only HDMI device plugged into my receiver. Because the receiver has a built-in preamp, my turntable is also plugged in directly, but that is not HDMI. I have my DISH satellite receiver and a Sony Blu-Ray player plugged into the TV, though unplugging the DVD player that I rarely use did not improve the HDMI issues .

I believe that if I turned off all HDMI control, I would need to be pressing many more buttons on more remotes. I can live with the glitches, though my wife pretty much can’t use the home theater system.

I see that I am not alone with these issues. I use Apple where I can for other devices and I am glad I don’t have a Samsung phone lol.

Thanks again for all responses. Any additional thoughts welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks