What's new

Yamaha TSR-7790 Speaker set up issues (1 Viewer)

2poor2Banaudiophile

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Dungey
A little backstory: I was given a Yamaha TSR-7790 by a friend. When I initially set it up (two BA floor speakers, two Advent mini for surround, two Yamaha bookshelf speakers for presence, a Sony center channel, and a Klipsch SW) I had difficulty in getting all the speakers work concurrently.

I tried using the 7.1 setup but to no avail. Then I discovered I could get them all to work with the Basic set up. However, the other day we had a strange power outage (weird how it threw off a lot of electrical equipment) but now my surrounds won't work.

I run a test tone and nothing. Hooked up the surrounds to the presence channel to see if it's the speakers themselves. They're okay. Made certain my wireless Rocketfish is connected and there are no speaker wires crossed and everything seems fine.

The only hint I have that may give a more knowledgeable person a clue is that, as it cycles through the test tone, when it reaches the surrounds the amp makes a click similar to the auto speaker protect when it shuts down due to a crossed wire or whatever. I'd love ideas from this crew of A\V geniuses.

2poor2Banaudiophile

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Dungey
Hello. I bought this today thanks to the grace and kindness of my wife. I have an old Pioneer Elite but wanted something with a current pass-thru for HDMI and other nice features. I took the advice and went through A4L for $500 in savings. Is anyone running a newer Yamaha? How is the calibration process?
Though a little involved without the YPAO microphone (I'd love to see what the outcome is when using it, but I'm a little reticent to spend another $30 or so for a microphone that'll likely be used once), it's still pretty much a straightforward process. Still not sure what's going on with my surrounds however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks