What's new

Which Home theatre should I buy? (1 Viewer)

techy.saurabh

Auditioning
Real Name
Arjun
I recently started looking for a Home theatre between a budget of 18-35k. I am a music lover but not an audiophile. Since I like watching movies, I wanted to try if the effects of home theatre a really amazing. I will be installing it in a 14*12 ft room. Moreover, I like to listen songs a lot and great sound quality and bass enhances that experience. I have heard Sony IV300 & RT3 simply without surround effect and they sounded decent. Somehow, I did not like sound effect in Onkyo s3800. The other 2 models suggested by a seller are Phillips HTP-074 (36K) and Elac Cinema 5(35k). I am yet to listen those. Can you all please suggest me some good options in this range? How is elac? Seller compared it to Bose .. lol. Phillips has passive subwoofer but elac has active. Another question is about waranty and support. I had not heard Elac before. Also sony is coming in almost half price. Anyway great experience is priority.

Today's update: In 26th Jan sale I am getting Sony IV300 in 17-18k and RT3 in 15k, is it worth it? From what I have researched till now it seems configuring a good sounding HT is difficult and expensive task and you would always be wanting more no matter how much you spend. Though I too want to hear songs and my favourite movies in top sound effects, I have my budget restrictions. Today I heard a single Bose speaker (price whopping 38K) and I didn't like the sound a bit. Thus, I am afraid even after spending 30-40k there may be chances I may not like the sound quality.

What are you looking for (Speakers, Subwoofer or Both)?
Both

Primary Use: 30% Music, 70% TV & Movies

Desired Configuration: 5.1

Room Size: 14x12

Is the room open to other areas of your home: No

Do you already have an AV receiver or amplifier? No

What's your budget (low to high): $300-600

Any special requirements (Wife Acceptance)? Nope

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If you have a $35,000 budget, you're not buying a HTiB (home theater in a box) like the Sony IV300. Maybe there's a currency exchange rate confusion here?

DigitalDawn

Agent
Real Name
Dawn Luks
Take a look at Triad.

Triad is a Portland-based company that hand builds speakers in just about every configuration you can imagine. They will even color match the speakers and grills to match the paint on your walls.

Triad has In-Wall and angled InCeiling speakers and subwoofers that work amazingly well for spaces in which you have no floor space, or when you wish to hide the speakers from view. The company has speakers in many different price ranges, starting at $300 per speaker - all the way up to $15k per speaker.

While not a household name, Triad is a favorite of custom installers and has won numerous industry awards.

www.triadspeakers.com

Vince123

Auditioning
Real Name
Vincent
Currency confusion, he is using the Rupee ₹ or $.014, that’s why the budget is $300-600 yet the quotes are 35&36k

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks