What's new

Which home theater calibration DVD? (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Which home theater calibration DVD do you think is best?

Secondly, is there a new version of AVIA coming out soon? I thought I read something about that.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I think the disc you are thinking about was called "Sound & Vision" which was by the makers of Avia. It's been out for many many months now.

Video Essentials has a new version coming out though...Maybe next year? Rumor has it, it will be called "Digital Video Essentials."

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
AVIA is the best right now in my opinion. Digital Video Essentials was scheduled for a June 2003 release.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I always answer a question with a question. ;)

Do you have a CRT setup now? If you have not already done so, turn down the contrast immediately to avoid screen burn until such time that you properly calibrate it. See the various threads on "burn-in" on this forum. If you are equipped with progressive scan then it may not hurt to wait until Digital Video Essentials comes out, otherwise you can get AVIA now and calibrate your setup.

Tom Fynan

Stunt Coordinator
I've used both Avia and Video Essentials, and they give me fairly equal, and excellent, results. I prefer the Avia because the menus are easier to navagate.

Tom Fynan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks