What's new

Calibration dvd or blu ray (1 Viewer)

geordiejohn

Auditioning
Real Name
John William Penrose
Hello I have just bought a Panasonic blu ray player and I also have a Panasonic 50inch TV,can I buy a dvd or blu ray disk to calibrate my tv to best settings please?
Thank you.

GeorgeHolland

Stunt Coordinator
Digital Video Essentials is a DVD and was released in 2003. Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics [Blu-ray] was released in 2012.

After years of calibrating projectors and TV’s myself I hire a calibrator now but the current standard is “The 2023 Spears & Munsil Ultra HD Benchmark”.

I haven’t used it but don't think it has basic step by step guides for those new to calibration as it is a disc used by even those at the highest level and by the most experienced calibrators.

An earlier edition may still be available that includes some guides on the disc but it won’t have the most current and advanced test patterns. Scott Wilkinson offers a beginner’s guide: Getting Started with the …. That may be helpful and the Spears and Munsil web site has helpful articles.

FAQ - I am new to video calibration. Will I find the Ultra HD Benchmark confusing?

Unlike previous editions, we did not include pop-up help or a manual with the Ultra HD Benchmark. We have moved to electronic instructions. You can find them under Articles->3rd Edition.

If you are new to calibration or our Benchmark series, we recommend you read the articles before purchase to ensure you are comfortable with calibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks