What's new

Home Theater United Episode 45 - Black Friday preview with Todd Erwin (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

The show returns after a 6 month break! We are BACK, baby!

Todd Erwin joins us once again to talk about his picks for best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, focusing on TVs and other Home Theater gear.

Plus Todd announces the launch of his own new show, coming soon on Youtube!

ANDDDDDD we will have cohost emeritus Brian Dobbs back soon to talk about his new feature length documentary, Red Planet Blue!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Get ready for Brian's film Blue Planet Red!!!!
(I called it Red Planet Blue in the show, oooooops! Sorry Brian!)

Todd's Streaming News and View coming soon!

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Last edited:

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Hey guys. I've been out a while. Looking forward to returning to the HTF community. Just moved to North Carolina.

Hey @Todd Erwin, nice hearing you on the show again. Are you able to post those Black Friday deals for blu-ray/4K discs you mentioned?

Had fun watching Violent Night with @Sam Posten. Bad movie, but had a few lol funny moments ("hashtag blessed" :emoji_laughing:).

Also enjoyed watching my film with Sam. Glad you liked the film buddy. Looking forward to coming back on the show. Currently at work getting the film available for online and blu-ray distribution!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Hey guys. I've been out a while. Looking forward to returning to the HTF community. Just moved to North Carolina.

Hey @Todd Erwin, nice hearing you on the show again. Are you able to post those Black Friday deals for blu-ray/4K discs you mentioned?

Had fun watching Violent Night with @Sam Posten. Bad movie, but had a few lol funny moments ("hashtag blessed" :emoji_laughing:).

Also enjoyed watching my film with Sam. Glad you liked the film buddy. Looking forward to coming back on the show. Currently at work getting the film available for online and blu-ray distribution!
GRUV Deals (Use coupon code HAPPYANNY15 to receive 15% off):
3 4K Blu-rays for $30: Titles include Creed, Creed II, Unforgiven, John Carpenter’s The Thing, Spartacus, Jaws, Inglorious Basterds, Smokey and the Bandit, several entries in the Fast & Furious franchise, several Hitchcock classics, Hot Fuzz.
$9.99 4K Blu-rays: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, The Super Mario Bros Movie, Edge of Tomorrow, Dune (2022), Training Day, Jaws 2, The Suicide Squad, Puss in Boots, A Christmas Story

Best Buy $7.99 and up movies

Last edited:

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
GRUV Deals (Use coupon code HAPPYANNY15 to receive 15% off):
3 4K Blu-rays for $30: Titles include Creed, Creed II, Unforgiven, John Carpenter’s The Thing, Spartacus, Jaws, Inglorious Basterds, Smokey and the Bandit, several entries in the Fast & Furious franchise, several Hitchcock classics, Hot Fuzz.
$9.99 4K Blu-rays: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, The Super Mario Bros Movie, Edge of Tomorrow, Dune (2022), Training Day, Jaws 2, The Suicide Squad, Puss in Boots, A Christmas Story

Best Buy $7.99 and up movies
Hell yeah thanks Todd.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
^Doesn't work for my old account even though I had canceled last Oct... probably because I still had D+ via that email addy for a few months beyond -- Disney plain sucks at how they handle this stuff...

I do still have a $3/month reactivation offer (for 6 months) that I could use w/ that account though -- I may just do that.

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
More Black Friday Deals today:

Peacock: Your choice of $1.99/month for 12 months OR $19.99 for 1 year (new members only)

For the pet owners out there, lots of deals (up to 50% off) over at Chewy.com thru 11/30. Restrictions apply.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Vudu Black Friday Deals:

3 4K for $15

Be very careful with any bundles, as many are not great deals. For example, the Top Gun 2-Movie Collection is a ripoff at $24.99 when you consider that purchasing them individually is much cheaper (Top Gun is $6.99 and Top Gun: Maverick is $7.99, $15 when purchased individually, $25 if purchased as a bundle). Also, Vudu continues to have issues with including titles on their sales pages that are not actually on sale but full price, many movies show available in 4K or HDX, but are only available in a lower resolution.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Barbie says “Math is haaard”

Got my parents a 75” LG for $650. It’s no OLED but better than their 8 year old set.

Gosh help Me I might actually be enjoying One Piece while setting it up.

Thanks for your input @Todd Erwin

IMG_0286.jpeg
IMG_0285.jpeg

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks