What's new

What do people do for concession stands? (1 Viewer)

DanaRuns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dana
Just finished my limited budget basement home theater. Now I need ideas for concession stand/snack bar. I need a counter top that will hold a popcorn machine and toaster oven, and I need storage/display for candy and other movie snacks. What do people generally do for this kind of thing?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I know people love to have a retro popcorn maker. There's several made these days.

DanaRuns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dana
I know people love to have a retro popcorn maker. There's several made these days.
I have this one.
Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 11.01.01 AM.png

I should have been more clear. I'm looking for something to set this popcorn maker and a toaster oven on top of, and to display and store candies and movie snacks. Like a display, or a hutch, or a counter, or something.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have a small kitchenette area with some snacks in bowls on the countertop, microwave popcorn in a drawer, mini fridge with cold drinks, and small bar.

JagdTiger

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
Just finished my limited budget basement home theater. Now I need ideas for concession stand/snack bar. I need a counter top that will hold a popcorn machine and toaster oven, and I need storage/display for candy and other movie snacks. What do people generally do for this kind of thing?

View attachment 170599
To be honest stay away from candy it's got sugar syndrome and causes diabetes and sometimes leads to dialysis...make wholesome food for theater watching instead.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
To be honest stay away from candy it's got sugar syndrome and causes diabetes and sometimes leads to dialysis...make wholesome food for theater watching instead.
1: That’s not what the OP asked.

2: Sugar in moderation is ok and DOES NOT cause diabetes and lead to dialysis.

JagdTiger

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
1: That’s not what the OP asked.

2: Sugar in moderation is ok and DOES NOT cause diabetes and lead to dialysis.
It does with all the other sugar products and there is plenty of people in dialysis which are there because of a sweet addiction.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It does with all the other sugar products and there is plenty of people in dialysis which are there because of a sweet addiction.
Type 1 diabetes is caused by an autoimmune disorder where the body’s immune system attacks insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas.

Type 2 diabetes is not directly caused by eating sugar. It can be caused by several things, two of the greatest being lack of exercise and excess weight / high BMI which can increase insulin resistance and lead to diabetes. While it is true that some diabetics have a sweet tooth, not all do and the root cause of their diabetes was not directly related to eating too much sugar.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Anyway, I don’t wish to derail Dana’s thread by keeping it off topic any longer so I’ll move along.

I imagine Dana's far more busy just enjoying her new HT than to bother returning to this thread (or seemingly HTF in general... for foreseeable future), haha... and good for her! :D:cool:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks