What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: The Prince and the Pauper (1937) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
There's a fantastic recording of the Korngold soundtrack on Tribute Records, William Stromberg conducting The (whisper it) Moscow Symphony Orchestra, it just sounds so good. Korngold used some of the films themes for his violin concerto (a lovely sunny work - when I want a bit of angst it's the Shostakovich 1st, but for sheer beauty the Korngold takes a lot of beating). I don't think Tribute do soundtrack recordings anymore, & this CD is a silly price on Amazon, but SAE still have it for $20.

Last edited:

GJF118

Auditioning
Real Name
George Fogel
And Guy Williams (Zorro) played the Flynn part in the Disney telling, that still is MIA...thanks Disney
Mask Zorro GIF
The 1962 Disney version is streaming on Prime...

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
There's a fantastic recording of the Korngold soundtrack on Tribute Records, William Stromberg conducting The (whisper it) Moscow Symphony Orchestra, it just sounds so good. Korngold used some of the films themes for his violin concerto (a lovely sunny work - when I want a bit of angst it's the Shostakovich 1st, but for sheer beauty the Korngold takes a lot of beating). I don't think Tribute do soundtrack recordings anymore, & this CD is a silly price on Amazon, but SAE still have it for $20.

Not for at least a decade, but Stromberg is doing recordings for Intrada now with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra (last year, they released a re-recording of Herrmann’s The Man Who Knew Too Much and On Dangerous Ground). I have yet to pick up the Tribute recording, but I do love the Violin Concerto (I have a CD with Jascha Heifetz performing it paired with Rózsa’s Violin Concerto).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks