What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A classic bit of historical fiction comes to Blu-ray in The Prince and the Pauper.

The Prince and the Pauper (1937)

Released: 08 May 1937
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 118 min

Director: William Keighley, William Dieterle
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Family

Cast: Errol Flynn, Claude Rains, Henry Stephenson
Writer(s): Mark Twain, Laird Doyle, Catherine Chisholm Cushing

Plot: A poor boy named Tom Canty and the Prince of Wales exchange identities but events force the pair to experience each other's lives as well.

IMDB rating: 7.2
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1
Audio:...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Thanks for the review, Matt. Having played the role of the Prince in my sixth grade class' production of the Prince and the Pauper, it is a story close to my heart and this particular version is outstanding. Disney did a three-part (50 minutes each) television version featuring Sean Scully and Guy Williams that is exceptional, but Disney only saw fit to release the 93-minute theatrical on VHS and on Disney+.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
This film is one that instantly brings back my childhood pleasures in seeing a great story told wonderfully well. I saw it on televison, yes. Maybe just once before it was ever released on DVD, but it stuck with me. I also enjoyed the Disney version with Sean Scully playing both roles and Guy Madison as Hendon. Billy and Bobby Mauch, however, were really twins and that was the standard by which I have always judged films of this story. I have seen a nearly perfect print of this on Amazon Prime and cannot wait to get my Blu-ray of it.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks for the review, Matt. Having played the role of the Prince in my sixth grade class' production of the Prince and the Pauper, it is a story close to my heart and this particular version is outstanding. Disney did a three-part (50 minutes each) television version featuring Sean Scully and Guy Williams that is exceptional, but Disney only saw fit to release the 93-minute theatrical on VHS and on Disney+.
They also released an LP
1705560763166.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks