What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (16 Viewers)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Has anyone seen any movement on the March 26th releases?

Amazon hasn’t done a price-drop or added a ‘get it by date’ to any of the six listings.
My preorders for two of the titles haven’t been given an estimated receipt date

Normally this means that Amazon hasn’t received stock into their warehouses (so it’s not Amazon’s fault).

With the release next Tuesday, typically some of the other retailers would have started their process
(Charged a CC, status to processing, etc.).

Has anyone seen anything?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Amazon hasn’t done a price-drop or added a ‘get it by date’ to any of the six listings.

Normally this means that Amazon hasn’t received stock into their warehouses (so it’s not Amazon’s fault).

With the release next Tuesday, typically some of the other retailers would have started their process

None of my preorders on Amazon has changed and I immediately preordered mine as soon as the Amazon links came alive.

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew

Just checked Moviezygn and mine haven’t been dispatched which is unusual as they normally dispatch the weekend before their release.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
None of my preorders on Amazon has changed and I immediately preordered mine as soon as the Amazon links came alive.
Amazon has been very sketchy where WAC product is concerned. Case in point: I ordered Looney Tunes Vol. 3 and it appeared NOT to ship. Suddenly, there it was on my doorstep four days after the release date even though order info on the website insisted it had not yet shipped. Then, a week later, I was informed Amazon had issued me a 'refund' for the item.

Checking my bank statements...sure enough. A refund. Telephoned to clarify, as I don't believe in getting product for free. Spoke to 3 separate agents (two, speaking English rather poorly). No clarity on the matter. Then, I received an email to thank me for my 'honesty' but to consider the matter 'their mistake' and keep the item without being charged for it again.

In the past, I've had Amazon ship my WAC product well before it's release date, and well after too. There just doesn't seem to be consistency here. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the WAC 'on demand' model. I mean, do they burn only enough for the initial pre-orders but then suddenly realize "oh no...not enough - quick, another stamping. We're backordered!"

Whatever the case; there are other online retailers happy to oblige when hiccups occur. Fair enough, Amazon is usually the 'fairest' in terms of price point and shipping charges. But hey, if they suddenly drop the ball on catalog, we shant be lonely or without alternatives. Just saying.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I’ve just placed my order from the current sale:

A Day at the Races
The Long, Long Trailer
Tarzan, the Ape Man
Tarzan’s Greatest Adventure
Straight Time
The Carey Treatment
A Midwinter’s Tale
Judgment Night

As usual, this was exercise in restraint. I hope eventually we’ll see all of the Weissmuller Tarzan films released on Blu. I’d like to see the rest of the Gordon Scott Tarzans on Blu as well.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I’ve just placed my order from the current sale:

A Day at the Races
The Long, Long Trailer
Tarzan, the Ape Man
Tarzan’s Greatest Adventure
Straight Time
The Carey Treatment
A Midwinter’s Tale
Judgment Night

As usual, this was exercise in restraint. I hope eventually we’ll see all of the Weissmuller Tarzan films released on Blu. I’d like to see the rest of the Gordon Scott Tarzans on Blu as well.
Dave, I'd like to see the remaining MGM Weissmuller Tarzan films released on Blu-ray as well. It appears Tarzan the Ape Man is selling well as Amazon's showing that it's sold over 500 copies in the last month. I hope sales are at least good enough to get Tarzan and His Mate released.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Dave, I'd like to see the remaining MGM Weissmuller Tarzan films released on Blu-ray as well. It appears Tarzan the Ape Man is selling well as Amazon's showing that it's sold over 500 copies in the last month. I hope sales are at least good enough to get Tarzan and His Mate released.
I hope so as well Joel, Tarzan and his Mate is a better film as well.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I didn't quote you, like I did this latest post. However, I just noticed that you wanted more MGM titles, but failed to mention The Mask of Fu Manchu, an MGM title.
Here’s an MGM title I’d like to see on blu ray and the acting, directing, cinematography deserve it: Sidney Lumet’s THE HILL starring Sean Connery, Ossie Davis and a slew of other great character actors. Ahead of its time and still relevant.

Last edited:

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Here’s an MGM title I’d like to see on blu ray and the acting, directing, cinematography deserve it: Sidney Lumet’s THE HILL starring Sean Connery, Ossie Davis and a slew of other great character actors. Ahead of its time and still relevant.
Loved that film from the first time I watched it. Recently I’ve been putting captions on, as the accents are sometimes too hard to understand.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, I love The Hill, I saw it at the cinema a lifetime ago, Harry Andrews finest hour. The sound has never been great, so I can see why a non-Brit might have a bit of trouble with some of the dialogue. It was on TV in HD a few years ago looking very nice (TCM I think). It seems like an obvious choice for a WAC release, but it’s that old problem of just so many films for WAC to choose from.

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
They Drive By Night and 3 Godfathers haven’t been dispatched from Moviezygn and 3 Godfathers seems to have disappeared from my order. All very strange, but I’m sure it’ll right itself eventually.

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
Amazon: 3 GODFATHERS was listed for arrival today when I pre-ordered it last week. Now they have no idea when it's coming. Hopefully it'll show up within a week's time, so buyers who took their word about the original promised arrival date won't be too annoyed.

Jeff Fearnside

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Fearnside
Amazon: 3 GODFATHERS was listed for arrival today when I pre-ordered it last week. Now they have no idea when it's coming. Hopefully it'll show up within a week's time, so buyers who took their word about the original promised arrival date won't be too annoyed.
Yep, my Amazon pre-order for this title that's supposed to be out today now says, "Not yet shipped. We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks