What's new

Want more Night Court season sets? Then you'd better purchase the "TV Favorites"! (2 Viewers)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If using that URL code to post text instead of a link, you need to put quotation marks around the address, so it would be (replacing the parentheses with brackets, of course):
(URL="http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4079199")TV Favorites(/URL), which would look like this:
TV Favorites

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry I'm so late to this thread....

And, I'm a BIG Markie Post fan, to boot! :D

Anyway, I've seen the Night Court -TV Favorites disc at two of my local Wal-Marts. It has been priced at $5.50 at both stores. They had the same price also on the Welcome Back Kotter and Drew Carey TV Favorites sets.

tim cat

Agent
Thanks Joe! Nice screen shot of hottie Markie Post. Wish WB had included that episode on the tv favorites dvd. Hope the dvd sells like hotcakes so we can get more full seasons of Night Court.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No sign of any "Night Court" titles at the Wal-Mart Supercenter or Best Buy I visited yesterday.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I just hope this damn thing sells enough to prove to W.B. that thousands of us want SEASON SETS!!!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that's possible. If it sells well, it'll just prove to them that thousands of us are willing to settle for best-ofs.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, maybe thousands of us are willing to settle for a "best of" of this series if the alternative is nothing. Buying the disc may or may not nudge Warner Bros. in the direction of changing their current decision and producing more full seasons. But not buying it can't do so.

Buying TV Favorites: Night Court in the hope of eventually getting the series is a little like buying a lottery ticket. A long shot, but what the hell? What I don't understand is people who refuse to buy a lottery ticket and then complain that the jackpot isn't high enough and the odds are too long. :)

Regards,

Joe

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

There's certainly evidence that buying these "samplers" (a term I prefer to "best of") can result in full season sets . . . Warner is releasing season 1 sets of both "Cheyenne" and "F-Troop" later this year based on the sales of these two "Television Favorites" that were released last Fall, which also included "Chico and the Man" and "Maverick" . . . no word yet on those two, however.

DanFe

Second Unit
As I said before, I bought my season 1 set. If that isn't proof enough I want season sets, then the studio be damned.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Hear, hear, DanFe! That's exactly the way I feel about it. I think a "best of" is a good way of testing the waters of a particular series, but it shouldn't be the final word on whether a larger release is possible. For one thing, I don't believe that the existing "best ofs," for any series, have been thoroughly marketed and available. True enough, the Married with Children best-ofs led to larger releases, but that particular show has a HUGE current following. Shows like Night Court, Alice and Welcome Back Kotter were all popular in their day but don't generate the kind of cult favoritism as did MWC. Why a midling hit like "What's Happening?" got all 3 seasons released in quick succession is beyond me, but you can possibly look at that as proof that a studio's commitment to a particular series will generate enough sales to make profit.

DanHaya

Second Unit
While I don't know how many units of the first season were sold, I think it's an insult to consumers to put out a "best of" like this before the the remaining seasons are released! I bought my copy of the first season when it came out and I've been patiently waiting for seasons two and beyond, but my patience is wearing thin!

Pretty soon, I'm just gonna start recording them off of Nick At Nite and be done with it...then, the studio won't get another penny of my money!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I too bought season 1 and won't buy this best-of.

The studio can read that as they want, but that is my way of voting for season sets.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Thanks Linda. I actually have a copy of that shot (surprise, surprise), I was saving it for some future post. :)

My copy of the TV Favorites disc arrived today, but I don't have time to watch it tonight. I finally got my new receiver hooked up and unpacked my front speakers and powered sub for the first time in three years (and three different residences.) Spent the time after dinner trimming the speaker wire to new lengths and reattaching the banana plugs and now I'm catching up on a couple of days worth of TV shows on the HD-DVR. :) DVDs will have to wait a bit.

Regards,

Joe

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Amen to that!!
I'm still shocked that this show was entirely released. I'm a TV junkie, and have never even heard of that show before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks