What's new

Walking Dead Season 6 (2 Viewers)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I just binge-watched the last four episodes of the season. LOVED the finale! For those that thought the extra time was padded with commercials: the FIRST thing I noticed was the opening sequence lasted almost TEN MINUTES before the credits hit. As for "who gets it"...my guess is Abraham is the biggest character they could consider killing off and have it be somewhat shocking. Anyone less would be a cop-out. Now, anyone BIGGER would definitely be a shocker!

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I just binge-watched the last four episodes of the season. LOVED the finale! For those that thought the extra time was padded with commercials: the FIRST thing I noticed was the opening sequence lasted almost TEN MINUTES before the credits hit. As for "who gets it"...my guess is Abraham is the biggest character they could consider killing off and have it be somewhat shocking. Anyone less would be a cop-out. Now, anyone BIGGER would definitely be a shocker!

I think due to the fact Andrea is still alive in the comics and
Abraham
died taking the arrow the Doctor took to the head it will almost certainly be:

Abraham or

Michone

The reason is that
Michone
is taking the place of Andrea in the comics and it was her and Rick that ended up together NOT
Michone
. They said it would be a "fan favorite" that dies so that would have to mean that person over the other I mentioned.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
For anybody interested, looks like AMC is re-running "The Walking Dead" once again, starting at episode one.

Starts Sunday, July 3rd at 4:00 a.m. Pacific time. Not sure of the schedule, but looks like they're running old episodes on Sundays, six this week, more next week.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Walking Dead Season 7 Comic Con Trailer:

After the first half reminds us who is on the chopping block, the second half with new footage only shows us characters who aren't in immediate danger from Negan.

t2smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Toby
I told myself I was going to do the best I could to avoid spoilers of the season premiere. So what happens? I watch the trailer on Youtube through my Roku on my big screen and the next video autoplays and contains a spoiler which is probably true since every spoiler I heard about the season finale was true. I hope the showrunners learn that cliffhangers are pointless.

t2smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Toby
The video is based on information gathered from spoiling dead about who hasn't shot an episode since episode 1 and I have a bad feeling that it's going to be true. If it really turns out this was spoiled in July, they failed big time and I will post a link to the video after the season premiere if it turns out to be correct and hasn't been taken down. If you don't want things possibly spoiled, don't watch anything Walking Dead related on Youtube because there are a lot of comments under various videos and video titles in the sidebar that give it away without a spoiler warning. I really hope they found a way to fool the spoiling dead people, but I doubt it.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My guess is also Abraham. Which sucks for Sasha, but I don't know if I was entirely convinced of their pairing given the amount of time they spent on it.

I like JDM, but I don't like Negan so far. Maybe that's the point (though articles say you'll find him "charming;" I just find him smug). So I'm getting the same "I can't wait 'til he gets it" reaction as I did with Joffrey, so I don't know if I can stand him for an entire season+.
I also don't know how I feel about the Ezekiel's tiger. Hoping it's not going to be the latest metaphor for the irredeemable narrative deviation.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I like JDM, but I don't like Negan so far. Maybe that's the point (though articles say you'll find him "charming;" I just find him smug).
Negan in the comic book comes off to me as a guy who is having fun while doing terrible things. The TV show definitely made the right choice to have him be threatening in his one scene but I'm hoping that they shift away from scary because comic book Negan is not a foaming at the mouth psycho, he's a funny guy who can do horrible things with absolutely no regrets.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
My guess is also Abraham. Which sucks for Sasha, but I don't know if I was entirely convinced of their pairing given the amount of time they spent on it.

I like JDM, but I don't like Negan so far. Maybe that's the point (though articles say you'll find him "charming;" I just find him smug). So I'm getting the same "I can't wait 'til he gets it" reaction as I did with Joffrey, so I don't know if I can stand him for an entire season+.
I also don't know how I feel about the Ezekiel's tiger. Hoping it's not going to be the latest metaphor for the irredeemable narrative deviation.

Carbon copy opinion of JDM. I've always liked him, but do not care for the Negan character. Smug is the perfect word. I hope his bat Hazel, Helen or whatever he named it bounces back and bonks him in the head.:D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Funny guy capable of horrible things would definitely be preferable. His one scene so far just presents him as a sadist when he's whooping and hollering while he's beating someone to death. Not what I'd call charismatic.

Negan in the comic book comes off to me as a guy who is having fun while doing terrible things. The TV show definitely made the right choice to have him be threatening in his one scene but I'm hoping that they shift away from scary because comic book Negan is not a foaming at the mouth psycho, he's a funny guy who can do horrible things with absolutely no regrets.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Funny guy capable of horrible things would definitely be preferable. His one scene so far just presents him as a sadist when he's whooping and hollering while he's beating someone to death. Not what I'd call charismatic.

Negan is VERY much a charismatic character and described as such by the comic book creator on Talking Dead. In fact, he compared him to Hitler, in so much that he is able to convince and influence a whole group of people to go along with his view of how the world should be. In real life, Hitler was as evil as you get, but history certainly describes a man that was not the insane mad man that most people see on the surface. True evil like Hitler or even the Devil for that matter aren't the pitch fork and hell fire most people envision. That's what make them so purely evil, they can be charming and convincing without seeming so bad to others. It's the old wolf in sheeps clothing so to speak.

Make no mistake about it, Negan will be charming and influential to get Rick's group to work for him once his evil deeds are done. He will be one of the most evil things to ever come across, but in a way described above. For those that don't already know, one of the group becomes a sort of protege to Negan but I won't say who it was in the comics just in case.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Negan is VERY much a charismatic character and described as such by the comic book creator on Talking Dead. In fact, he compared him to Hitler, in so much that he is able to convince and influence a whole group of people to go along with his view of how the world should be. In real life, Hitler was as evil as you get, but history certainly describes a man that was not the insane mad man that most people see on the surface. True evil like Hitler or even the Devil for that matter aren't the pitch fork and hell fire most people envision. That's what make them so purely evil, they can be charming and convincing without seeming so bad to others. It's the old wolf in sheeps clothing so to speak.

Make no mistake about it, Negan will be charming and influential to get Rick's group to work for him once his evil deeds are done. He will be one of the most evil things to ever come across, but in a way described above. For those that don't already know, one of the group becomes a sort of protege to Negan but I won't say who it was in the comics just in case.

Thanks for keeping things hidden. I'm sure there are many like me who have never read the comics, so it's nice to go in to each show not knowing what to expect.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I understand that's how he is in the comics. My concerns are how well that will manifest in the show. I guess we'll just have to wait and see (I'll be waiting longer as I'm probably not going to see it until it's on Netflix next year).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Slight tangent here. Watching Stephen King's "The Stand", (IFC ran it a few weeks ago).

We've become so "zombified" by TWD, FTWD, Z-Nation, World War Z, etc. I keep expecting people to shoot the bad guys in the head, but it doesn't happen. It's just a good old fashioned virus that a few people are immune to. It's so unexpected, not nearly the graphic violence on TV now. :cool:

It's got some flaws, but overall very well done. More of a dramatic story, not just the massive, visual violence we've become so accustomed to. :rolleyes:

t2smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Toby
Cliffhanger for nothing. The spoilers that came out in July were correct. Here is a Youtube video from July 22nd with the identity of the victims. You can skip to 2:30 to here them talk about who the victims will be.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
I think this episode went too far.

It's one thing to show blood and guts from zombies but repeated bashing in the head of 2 loved one's - it's a little much. I mean, kids watch this show.

I have watched it form the beginning but this season may drive me away...

don't get me wrong - I love shock value - but this was too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks