What's new

Walking Dead Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
If this happened in real life the world would devolve just as depicted here. Survival of the fittest, old morals would go out the windows and those with the strongest survival instincts would prevail. Those with psychotic and sociopathic tendencies would fair pretty well I think.

I actually disagree. I think most responses by mankind in the face of turmoil (say, 9/11) shows that we actually bond and work together to solve the problem at hand. We like to explore fiction that has us returning to our animal instincts, but often in real life the vast majority support each other and look past their surface differences when action is called for.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They had provocation - there was a hostage to rescue.
My memory is overloaded with Star Wars, Breaking Bad and Simpsons nonsense but I don't remember that. Alicia Witt and company had Carol and Maggie another time but I'm talking about when Rick killed all the people in a building (which led to Maggie and Carol's capture) to get rid of who they thought was Negan to get food from Jesus and his people.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I actually disagree. I think most responses by mankind in the face of turmoil (say, 9/11) shows that we actually bond and work together to solve the problem at hand. We like to explore fiction that has us returning to our animal instincts, but often in real life the vast majority support each other and look past their surface differences when action is called for.

While large, 9/11 was a far cry from what is being depicted here. Take away resources i.e. food, water, shelter and infrastructure i.e. police, fire, military with no sign of a return of these sociatal necessities and the world will devolve into survival of the fittest.

I do not believe that Rick's group would live and let live. If group B had food and Rick's group had none, they would take it using whatever means necessary. Sure they might try to trade for it, but what if group B didn't want to trade? Or, if Rick's group had nothing to trade?

There is no law. Those with the power, the numbers and the resources will become the new law.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Alexandria was a nice start, but now we're getting back to the same old story lines as before.

This is an interesting comment, since to me the season 7 will be dramatically different. I mean the group (or the family, or the commune, etc - whatever the best word is since there are other people in the town also) is not "safe" anymore, they don't control their own fate, they'll lose food, supplies, guns, etc. They're "slaves" to Negan, I guess. And what is worse - Rick has lost some (plenty?) of his leadership and respect among his group, and some people might even hate him now for destroying the group (Glenn, anyone?). There's blame on his shoulders.

So season 7 will be really dark, downbeat and gloomy. People are not happy and there's very little love. At least not for many episodes, that's. I believe Robert Kirkman slipped in TD that Negan is around for several seasons (can't remember the exact quote, but he was talking about several seasons or years), so this is not Terminus type of thing. Negan is an respected army leader and he has an army. He has men, guns and "heavy tools". Rick also needs an army if he wants to beat Negan. And he probably has to use some psychological games and trickery to get close to him first. Rick probably also has to unite some other factions under the rule of Negan. So to me season 7 sounds very interesting with a lot of possibilities. Different!

SteveJKo

Second Unit
...I wouldn't call Rick's group non-violent. They've killed probably a couple dozen of Negan's men so far (including sneak attacking and massacring all the people in that building with absolutely no provocation). From Negan's POV, Rick's group are murderous bad guys that need to be stopped....

No, I absolutely would not call Rick's group non-violent either. But their motive for attacking Negan's group is very different from Negan's "everything you own is mine" reasoning. And my impression of Negan's group is that they don't need any reason to attack anyone. Once they know you exist, they're going to attack.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, there is an all out Royal Rumble coming, so to speak.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
How did Carl lose his eye? Watching a few earlier episodes that I missed, and whatever happened went by really fast, I couldn't tell what actually happened. One second he's fine, the next one he's got blood pouring from his eye.

Was he shot? Seems like if you're shot in the eye, bullet continues into the brain and you die.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
How did Carl lose his eye? Watching a few earlier episodes that I missed, and whatever happened went by really fast, I couldn't tell what actually happened. One second he's fine, the next one he's got blood pouring from his eye.

Was he shot? Seems like if you're shot in the eye, bullet continues into the brain and you die.
The older son of the alcoholic doctor that Rick killed shot at Rick and missed. Instead, he clipped Carl. The bullet ricocheted off the bone surrounding his eye socket, but sent bone fragments into his eye that chewed it all up.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee

During the community walk through the walkers that infiltrated Alexandria, that son of Ricks former flame tried to shoot Rick for killing his dad. His aim was deflected, the bullet grazed Carl, and the walkers took him shortly before they took his little brother and his mother.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
It's really both. I'm sure he wants to use them for his own means while knowing they're a threat that he needs to stop.

I believe Negan is a smart enough (at least based on the season finale he wasn't all-out psychopath who just wants to rape and kill - please do not reveal any spoilers from the original comics, guys) to see the potential on Rick and his core group. Sure, they can still be dangerous, but by delivering such a powerful psychological blow like Negan did in the final episode he now has the firm upperhand. The group is crippled and emotionally all messed up. I mean he really had to plan everything to lure the group to the right place - he could've just killed all of them many times. He has bigger plans for them and he probably wants to "recruit" Rick somehow. Negan senses (and also knows, since Rick and co killed many of his soldiers) that there's this dark side on Rick - you know, the "killer" inside him.

Btw. Why Dwight, one of Negan's men who has some history with Daryl, is scarred now? Did I miss something? In any case, he'll be one of the key figures in the next season.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Btw. Why Dwight, one of Negan's men who has some history with Daryl, is scarred now? Did I miss something? In any case, he'll be one of the key figures in the next season.

Perhaps I'm not recalling correctly, but hasn't Dwight always been scarred since we first met him earlier in the season? I am assuming that he was injured in the big fire that was referenced in season 6, episode 6 when we first meet Dwight.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps I'm not recalling correctly, but hasn't Dwight always been scarred since we first met him earlier in the season? I am assuming that he was injured in the big fire that was referenced in season 6, episode 6 when we first meet Dwight.

- Walter.
Since it's been more than six months, I might be wrong but I thought he wasn't scarred when he was introduced. Based on the comics, you'll find out why and how he was scarred.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Have never read the comics, but I think he's always been scarred on the TV show.

Personally, I hope they get rid of him. Probably the most unlikable character they've ever introduced.

Like the fact that Morgan, Gabriel and Eugene started to man-up this past year. They were really wimps for so long. Maybe Carol, who has grown into the most bad-ass bitch ever (even tougher than Ripley in the Alien films), is starting to rub off on them.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I was curious about the question regarding Dwight and I looked at a clip of Season 6, episode 6 Always Accountable on youtube and I was mistaken. Dwight was not scarred in that episode. So I guess that is something that will be covered in a flashback during season seven. (??)

- Walter.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Have never read the comics, but I think he's always been scarred on the TV show.

I believe he wasn't originally scarred in the series, that's why I was asking. First I thought that maybe he was part of the group that Carol and Maggie "torched" during their escape, but that's unlikely. I guess we'll find out in the next season as Walter pointed out.

Maybe Carol, who has grown into the most bad-ass bitch ever (even tougher than Ripley in the Alien films), is starting to rub off on them.

Well, she's tough for sure and a great asset for the group, but she's also changing. Personally, I don't believe that we'll see the "old" Carol in anytime soon. She has her own journey now with Morgan and the mysterious "knights", but I'm sure they'll be part of the Negan storyline at some point (when and how, we'll see). Now Carol is seriously hurt, so she needs healing time. And plenty will happen during that period.

Those who wait for the "straightforward" storyline with "war", "rescue", "nick of time" etc (like with e.g. Terminus) in the next season will probably be disappointed. Next season is not about war.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks