What's new

Fear the Walking Dead - The Final Episodes (Seasons 7 & 8) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Previous threads:
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6

Fear the Walking Dead Season 7 Poster

The "Walking Dead" spinoff returns Sunday, October 17 at 9:00 p.m. ET/8c on AMC with all episodes available one week early on AMC+, beginning October 10.

Trailer:

Aisha Tyler, who directed an episode of Fear the Walking Dead in Season 6, is set to appear in front of the camera in the upcoming season. Other casting has not been announced, but Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Maggie Grace, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Austin Amelio, Alexa Nisenson, Karen David, Mo Collins, Colby Hollman, Christine Evangelista, Jenna Elfman, and Ruben Blades all appear in the trailer above.

Synopsis: "Teddy (John Glover) brought about his vision of 'The End' when he detonated nuclear warheads across the Texas landscape, but it will be up to those who survived to decide what 'The Beginning' will look like. And they'll have to do it in a world devoid of light and hope, where the outside air is just as deadly as the walkers they face. The survivors will find out who they really are and what they're really made of. Some will rise to the occasion, some will find new purpose, and some will redefine themselves -- even if it comes at a terrible cost to those they once considered family."

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I still have 5 or 6 episodes from season six to watch! Had no idea this was coming so soon. I like season six though, so I’ll take this as an excuse to ramp up my watching of it before this new season starts. I really want to get back to watching it week-to-week.

ALL throughout season six, like since episode one, I’ve been seeing the “previews” for the season and this white-haired old man shouting “YOU’VE DESTROYED IT!” but have yet to get to whatever that’s about.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This show is pretty much full-on Mad Max at this point. Now we know why the "World Beyond" group stayed so far north for their cross-country trek.

It's interesting that the co-lead didn't even make an appearance this season until the episode before the midseason finale.

Tonight's episode provided some insight into Strand, who doesn't even really believe his own bullshit.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It took until episode 7 but there was finally a pretty good episode.

That's probably a little harsh but now that the half season is almost over, it feels like there's some momentum and less time for me to think "Why aren't these people completed irradiated at this point?"

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
After really enjoying the last couple of years, for the first time this year, I have found it an absolute chore to watch FTWD. I am always 2 or 3 episodes behind and have to force myself to watch them. I won't even mention the "World Beyond" series. I have all of them waiting on my PVR. I was not impressed with the first season and only watched because I thought they eventually will link all these series.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I won't even mention the "World Beyond" series. I have all of them waiting on my PVR.
For years, I've thought that Fear TWD has had peaks and valleys but I find World Beyond so bad that I feel bad for saying that it's bad. Like it sucks so hard that it doesn't need me piling on too. I haven't seen last night's World Beyond yet but I will say that one good thing about the show is that it does seem headed towards an ending (which makes sense since it was written as a two season series). The characters are now doing things where there's no going back for them.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I haven’t been a fan of the direction they went with this show with the nukes. Teddy’s plan was annoyingly stupid (couldn’t possibly wipe clean the entire planet with one nuclear sub, so what’s the point other than just shitting up a corner of one continent?) but that can be accepted as “insane person logic”. But geeze, the world has already ended with the dead. Now (this area of the world) has double ended. Talk about a hat on a hat.

But this being the situation, no one should be trying to settle or build anything anywhere near this irradiated area. All efforts should be focused on figuring out how to safely move north and/or west.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
But this being the situation, no one should be trying to settle or build anything anywhere near this irradiated area. All efforts should be focused on figuring out how to safely move north and/or west.
I'm guessing this has been addressed but is Strand's compound totally out of range of the fallout? It seems like if there was a change in the weather, there's a decent chance that the people there may start glowing in the dark. Either way, I'd be heading anywhere but Texas right now.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm guessing this has been addressed but is Strand's compound totally out of range of the fallout? It seems like if there was a change in the weather, there's a decent chance that the people there may start glowing in the dark. Either way, I'd be heading anywhere but Texas right now.
I think they said something vague about the location turning out to be safe, but he was at the sub not long before they launched and he got there under “normal” traversal. They also saw the blast and felt the shockwave. So I don’t see how they could be far enough away from potential fallout and radiation. Plus, you have characters that are clearly in the thick of it masking up and using Geiger counters, etc… that are in and out of the tower. I’ve enjoyed this show, particularly after the retooling several years ago, but this seems weirdly sloppy.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to be pissed if the back half of the season ends with Alicia succumbing to her infection. From where I sit, one of two things is true:
  1. Alicia really did wait too long to amputate her arm, but somehow her body has kept the infection at bay. If that is true, than getting her to the right scientists is way more important than a petty turf war, because she might hold the key to creating a vaccine against the bite.
  2. Alicia didn't wait too long to amputate, and something else is causing her persistent illness. If so, why go down this road at all?
I also don't know how interested I am in yet another turf war in the Walking Dead universe, even if this one is elevated by having characters we've invested a lot of time in on both sides of the conflict.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoy the creepy atmospherics of this show, but I don't need to see another episode of any of the Walking Dead shows built around one of protagonists meeting a peculiar but ultimately benevolent stranger who gets killed by the end of the episode. It's one of the franchise's go-to moves for a filler episode, and I'm bored with it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's one of the franchise's go-to moves for a filler episode, and I'm bored with it.
Especially for Fear. And especially when they knew it was the mid-season premiere. On the plus side, it's Fear The Walking Dead so the next episode or the one after that will be really cool since the quality of this series varies wildly from episode to episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Charlie's been an underutilized character since her initial run as a spy for the Vultures back in season four, so it was nice to see her get a chance to shine here. I liked most of the episode except for two things:
  1. I didn't buy Charlie selling out Morgan and his plan to rescue Grace. She is someone whose loyalty is hard-won but runs really deep. Yes, she's a hormonal pubescent girl with the first cute boy in a long time, but she's still been shown to be too smart for that kind of confession.
  2. The show's depiction of radiation poisoning continues to be infuriating. Given the exposure we've characters encounter, including being up close and personal with a leaking nuclear weapon, they needed to sell Charlie being exposed a lot better than they did. Especially since Ali was apparently fine and was mostly in the same spaces that Charlie was. Granted, all of these characters in the fallout zone are probably sterile at this point and doomed to die premature deaths from cancer. But there needs to be some connection between exposure and symptoms if the threat of the radiation is going to have any effective storytelling weight.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We are cursed by this show! For some stupid reason, the Blu ray discs of this season are unavailable in Canada.

We ordered the discs to an amazon locker in Niagara Falls US. They arrived, the trip was planned, and I got up to get ready, and almost immediately fainted. An ambulance was called — severe pneumonia— in hospital for 5 months — just released with walker.

My wife needed to go to US to settle a law suit. The discs were ordered again through a different service. She got up to get ready to go, and basically was blind in one eye — Detached Retina!

We are now both house bound!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
We are cursed by this show! For some stupid reason, the Blu ray discs of this season are unavailable in Canada.

We ordered the discs to an amazon locker in Niagara Falls US. They arrived, the trip was planned, and I got up to get ready, and almost immediately fainted. An ambulance was called — severe pneumonia— in hospital for 5 months — just released with walker.

My wife needed to go to US to settle a law suit. The discs were ordered again through a different service. She got up to get ready to go, and basically was blind in one eye — Detached Retina!

We are now both house bound!
I'm sorry to hear of your health issues Terry. I hope you, and your wife get better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks