What's new

Veronica Mars season 1 (ongoing thread) (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Please, we all know Aaron payed Celeste to kill Lilly so Logan would enter a state of depression causing Trina to become addicted to painkillers which would in turn cause Veronica to somehow feel guilty for everything and try to blow up the town of Neptune by rigging one of Keith's tracking devices with her T-Mobile Sidekick II and back-up's food-dish.

Clearly that's the direction they're going... it was just covered up by Aaron so he could set up the bus crash because Mrs. Echoll's pet rat Hermie was playing under the seat of the bus and Aaron wanted to destroy the pet his recently deceased wife loved so dearly. :D

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
****The new network will mirror The WB in its structure, with six nights of programming and a total of 13 hours of prime time fare a 30 hours of programming total per week, with shows Monday-Friday 8-10, Sunday 5-10, as well as an afternoon block Monday-Friday, 3-5, and a five-hour, Saturday animation block. Popular shows will remain, including UPN’s Everybody Hates Chris, Veronica Mars, WWE Smackdown, America’s Next Top Model and Girlfriends. WB shows that will stick around include Gilmore Girls, Beauty and The Geek, Supernatural, Smallville and Reba.**** www.broadcastingcable.com http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...&referral=SUPP

Definitely seems like something of an early renewal for Veronica. Even if the ratings slip a bit toward the end of the season it seems like they're keeping Veronica for the sheer fact that it's guaranteed critical success and has potential, especially with this new partnership. They'll likely ask Rob Thomas to make the season 3 premiere understandable to new viewers (season 2 kind of did that). The other articles merely mention VM as a possible addition, this one seems to imply that THE CW have chosen a lot of their line-up already.

How about THE UW! People can call pronounce it "The YOU" and you've got the U(pn) and the W(b) in there. ;)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Or, as the DVD stated, the "extended" pilot. After hearing nothing but great things about it, and after truly enjoying the luxury of watching the first 4 seasons of '24' and 'The Shield' on DVD over the last few months, I decided to give 'Veronica Mars' a shot. I have to admit I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm not ready to give up on it after just the pilot, but I'm hoping to get some reassurance here. Perhaps my expectations were set a little too high? I can't say that it was bad, but to me it just seemed like another run-of-the-mill high school soap opera.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The mods don't like multiple threads about a single show.

I don't really know how to advise you. The show didn't really grab me until about the third or fourth episode. I must have liked something about it to give it that much of a chance, but that's about where it really picked up for me. I don't watch a whole lot of TV and am not that analytical about it when I do, so I can't really tell you how it compares to other teen shows. I'd just say, give it until the end of the first disc and see if you like it a little better.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay...so I did stick with it...and I'm glad I did. I just finished season 1. Some of the "one-and-done" cases were kind of cheesy, but I really enjoyed the Lilly Kane arc (I'm a big fan of epic plot lines that run through the entire season). I'm hoping season 2 has more of that and less of the "school mascot was stolen" type cases.

Also, one thing I didn't really get about season 1 was the whole thing with Veronica's mom. They made it out like she had to leave for Veronica's safety, but in the end, it didn't really mean anything other than she was a drunk mess. And why did the Kane security guy take those pictures of Veronica?

Any idea when they'll be re-airing season 2 (and if they'll air ALL the episodes)? If they're gonna be skipping episodes like they did last summer, I'll just wait for the DVDs.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
ScottH,

Those pictures of Veronica were taken and by Kane Security to threaten Veronica's Mom out of town. Celeste Kane is most likely the one who did it because she was upset about the relationship V's mom had with Jake Kane. They pretty much made her believe that if she didn't leave someone was going to hurt Veronica.

As for season 2... the mystery is season long, again... and I think you'll be pleased to know that usually the Mystery of the Week has some kind of connection to the overall arc.

Since it's not certain Veronica will continue on the new CW network, it's not entirely likely season 2 will re-air this summer on UPN. I say if it gets picked up for season 3... UPN will be definitely airing it over the summer, if only to build more awareness of the show before the new network launches.

If it's cancelled... I say your best bet is the season 2 DVD set. Probably available sometime before October.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Alright, call me slow or call me foolish, but I just finished watching the entire first season of this show because a good freind of mine loaned me her season set on dvd...my lord in heaven, A HELL OF A SHOW!!!!

I ate this up with a freakin' spoon, blazing through every ep in the space of 4 days, I don't even know where or even how to explain the many ways I loved the show. The sad part is, she had been touting the show to me for months, but I still hesitated.

I'm so late to this party, but i'm onboard now big time and i'm a fan for life, Christ what a show! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Those who turned their noses up at this complex, funny and mind-bending twister of a series is, well...their loss, that's all I can say. It's too late for me to watch season 2, but you bet your ass i'll be all over the dvd set in 3 months. :emoji_thumbsup: To Wendy, if you see this, thank you so much for turning me onto such a rewarding show. :emoji_thumbsup: ;)

Now, i'm off to avoid the season 2 thread like the freakin' plague, i'm going into it fresh, just like I did season one. :)

Veronica Mars rules!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Hell yeah, not only is she hot, but she's so witty, intelligent and endearing that you just can't help but fall for her. Kristen Bell is the real deal. :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm still trying to absorb the season and take it all in, that's a lot to handle in 4 days. Unbeleivable how entertaining this show is!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Won't give anything away, but season 2 will really warp your mind. Of course, it should be easier to follow on DVD.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's almost verbatim what Wendy said on the phone, i'm more than up to the next challenge or, more accurately, challenge's that Veronica will face next. :emoji_thumbsup:

I think my favorte character next to Veronica is Logan, that dude went from being a total jackass who I hated at first to a not so bad guy, I just hope that Eli and his boys didn't beat him down too bad. Hard to believe that Frances Capra is the same little boy from A Bronx Tale.

BTW, did anyone else see a striking resemblance between Logan and a young Dana Carvey?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
John, I'm in the same boat as you. For whatever reason, I had never seen this program, but based on the hot sale price at Target a couple of weeks ago, I picked up season one as a blind buy. What a GREAT show! Like you, my wife and I plowed through the six discs in four days. We can't wait to take in season two! But, we definitely want to watch from the beginning, so we will wait for the DVDs. The good news is that we won't have to wait too long. I think it comes out in mid-August.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
DVD is probably the best way to catch up on season 2, but if you want to get a head start, the first episode is on UPN on 5/16.

Rob

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Thanks for the heads up, however, like a good book, I want to be able to immediately turn the page when i'm finished the previous one to find out what happens next. :)

Veronica Mars isn't a show you merely watch, you consume it, and it's better in large doses I think. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
As fast as you watched season one, I'm assuming you can finish season 2 before season 3 starts. Will you watch it live next season, or wait a year to see it on DVD?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Speaking for myself, I will watch it live. I did the same thing with Smallville, which I did not start watching live until season four after I plowed through the first three seasons on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks