What's new

Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I assume the Monitor was inserted into the episode months after they finished filming as Legends wraps up months before the other Arrowverse shows and the actor probably filmed his scenes on the 3 shows , he wasn't on The Flash, he appeared on at the same time. Liked him sitting there eating popcorn. Fits the Legends.

Per the TVline article the soul coins are not going to be next season's big bad. They will be in an episode or two.

Some of the Legends will probably next appear as guests on the other Arrowverse shows during earlier episodes of Crisis airing in December.

Seeing Vandal Savage again made me want to see all the characters who have left Legends make a return during the Crisis. The Hawks, Martin Stein, Rip Hunter, Captain Cold, Jefferson, and the members of the Justice Society , who I think they didn't do enough with. If the are dead have a version from another Earth come. Too bad the couldn't get Captain Steel for the finale to be in the afterlife scene to have all three forgive each other.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's finale was pretty good.
I really liked the finale, too. A return to what the show does best, with the relationship stuff only threaded in where it served the plot.

Tom Wilson's return appearance was great, and I love that he got a (brief) chance to sing.

My favorite beat was the reveal that Vandal Savage had been sent to torture Ray's soul, only for Ray to slowly win him over to the point that they were buddies by the time Constantine and Nora found them.

Yes, that was the highlight for me for the hour. Otherwise, I was glad to see them finally come out on top (well, temporarily until next season), but I have to say the second half of this season was kind of a letdown for me.
From when they came back from hiatus until the episode before the finale, it felt more like a "regular" CW show and less like the Legends of Tomorrow. There's a tendency in the Arrowverse to want to civilize the characters over time, but that works against "Legends of Tomorrow" as a show because so much of what makes it interesting is that it's a team of rough around the edges misfits and anti-heroes. You can have one boy scout in Ray, but if the whole team turns into boy scouts then it gets boring quickly.

I still put this season ahead of the first season, but it's definitely weaker than the second and third seasons.

So, is Tala Ashe out of the show? She's been "erased" from their continuity? I hope not, since she's been delightful.
I wouldn't mind Zari being back, because the character works, but I'm glad her relationship with Nate got erased because that never worked for me. I thought Nate and Amaya had a lot of chemistry, but Nate and Zari's scenes together never really played.

Maisie Richardson-Sellers has done a great job of bringing a completely different energy to Charlie.

I assume the Monitor was inserted into the episode months after they finished filming as Legends wraps up months before the other Arrowverse shows and the actor probably filmed his scenes on the 3 shows , he wasn't on The Flash, he appeared on at the same time. Liked him sitting there eating popcorn. Fits the Legends.
I suspect you're right. Once they decided to include "Legends" in the crossover, it was an easy way to weave him in without fundamentally changing the episode that was already in the can. They could have shot a stinger with him like they did for the other shows, but this finale was so jam-packed that it would have been hard to make the time.

Per the TVline article the soul coins are not going to be next season's big bad. They will be in an episode or two.
I'm glad the Big Bad next season won't be demon-related. I like that each season has had a completely different kind of threat.

I'm also glad that he stated next season will be more serious with more history. I love the show's wackiness, but they pushed it as far as they couldn't this season, and when everything is wacky the wackiness doesn't stand out anymore.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I assume the Monitor was inserted into the episode .... Liked him sitting there eating popcorn. Fits the Legends.

Finally saw the finale last night. I had completely forgotten who he was. I saw him there looking important and was just thinking he had something to do with Neroon. Glad to be reminded of who he was.

The Ray and Vandal Jenga challenge was amusing.

All in all, I'd agree with everyone else that this season wasn't up to the last two (as is evident that I didn't mind falling behind a few episodes and only just now caught up).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks