What's new

Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4) (1 Viewer)

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
I agree; it seems to be becoming increasingly common with lots of series that the stories keep grinding to a halt so that the cast can stop and talk about feelings; relationships etc.

Whiskey Cavalier is another series like that. In that I enjoy the spy stuff but it is ruined by about half the episode wasted with spurious talking.

Going back to Legends; I interpreted Nate’s dad’s plan for the theme park as a lie. Hopefully I am wrong and agree that I will miss Tom Wilson.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
This show has turned into a ridiculous Rom-com/soap opera/sit-com disaster. With the exception of Constantine, none of the characters use any powers, the story line is extremely stale, and trying to force characters together in romantic relationships. UGH. AND, I freaking can't stand Mona. Stupid character, adds NOTHING to the show, but annoyance. And poor Dominic Purcell's role has been reduced to the occasional comedy relief one liner. I'm about ready to jump ship on this once VERY entertaining show.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
The rot started to set in when Victor Garber and Arthur Darvill left.

Since Damien Darhk was defeated no nemesis has been anywhere as effective as he was. The few episodes that Neal McDonough and John Barrowman were in together were some of the best of the series since the writing was exceptional.

There is also the demotion of the once mysterious Time Bureau into what it is now so that we can have the tedious and repetitious touchy feely relationship stuff.

Most of the characters are now cartoon parodies of what they used to be; in particular Dominic Purcell and to a slightly lesser extent Brandon Routh.

There used to be lots of laughs when watching episodes because they were cleverly written; not now - just stupidity.

I do not care about who feels what about whom; just get on with the adventure bouncing about time on the Wave Rider and as Richard V said; where are the superpowers?

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I do not care about who feels what about whom; just get on with the adventure bouncing about time on the Wave Rider and as Richard V said; where are the superpowers?

Sara doesn't have superpowers – she's "just" a skilled assassin.

Ray doesn't have superpowers – it's the suit that does the size changes, not him. Seems like he could use it a bit more.

Constantine doesn't have superpowers – he knows all sorts of magic, but anyone with a similar background could cast it.

Rory's superpower is consuming large amounts of beer. :D

Wally (Kid Flash) has major-league superpowers, but writers figured out a way to get him off of the ship. Same for Firestorm. I bet that if Superman, Supergirl, or a Green Lantern showed up, wanting to join the WaveRider crew, the writers would find a way to reject them, too. Why let Superman tackle the "big bad" who threatens all of history when you could send Rory to do it? :laugh:

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Sara doesn't have superpowers – she's "just" a skilled assassin.

Ray doesn't have superpowers – it's the suit that does the size changes, not him. Seems like he could use it a bit more.

Constantine doesn't have superpowers – he knows all sorts of magic, but anyone with a similar background could cast it.

Rory's superpower is consuming large amounts of beer. :D

Wally (Kid Flash) has major-league superpowers, but writers figured out a way to get him off of the ship. Same for Firestorm. I bet that if Superman, Supergirl, or a Green Lantern showed up, wanting to join the WaveRider crew, the writers would find a way to reject them, too. Why let Superman tackle the "big bad" who threatens all of history when you could send Rory to do it? :laugh:
That is entirely my point, whether or not you call them "superpowers", none of them are using their "skills,suits,powers,magic, heat guns, steel body" etc. They writers have gone lazy, they've turned to the cheap trick of having all the characters fall in love/lust, whatever you wanna call it, and once again, get MONA OFF THE FREAKING SHOW.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If we weren't so close to the end of the season, I'd be leaving the show once again. Apart from the Rory plot (which ironically had to do with his romance novel writing), the plots all revolved around these dreary relationships they're all embroiled in. I am SO tired of it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This episode was a marked improvement over the last couple. We got some actual action-adventuring, the romance novel convention was a lot of fun, and the decision to play it straight with Rory was a smart one. The stuff with Ray and the demon was interesting.

They continue to push a Nate/Zari relationship, and it continues not to play. The Sara/Ava relationship is beloved by a very vocal segment of the fanbase, but it's killing the show. The whole Time Bureau side is killing the show.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I just didn't understand why Ray would not ask for help from the legends (or anyone) once he was aware that he was demonized. Keeping secrets may drive the plot, but it drives me batty.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I just didn't understand why Ray would not ask for help from the legends (or anyone) once he was aware that he was demonized. Keeping secrets may drive the plot, but it drives me batty.
In this case it was made clear that people possessed by demons can't actually name the demons. Ray certainly tried, many many times.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Time Bureau plot with Gary in charge was dullsville. The others held my interest but just barely.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Definitely an improvement over the last few. But Sara and Mick's conversation about having changed highlighted the issue: they're not the fun misfits they used to be. They've conformed and civilized, and that's less interesting to watch.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to seeing Constantine in Hell. Hope its good. What do you think Ray's been doing there?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Very disappointed that Legends is being held for mid season. Though better than taking a 4 month mid-season break. I guess it will replace Arrow in January. Batwoman is starting in the Fall Sundays at 8 PM paired with Supergirl at 9:00 PM. Not sure what that means for the Legends being included in the Crisis. If they are included that will be their first appearance next season and there wont be a Legends Crisis episode . Probably be a 4 episode crossover with Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash, and Batwoman.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
TVline has posted the Crisis will be 5 parts, Three parts will air in December and two parts, one of which will be Legends, will air in January.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Tonight's finale was pretty good.

However the 'commercial' was pure gold.

And I had the biggest laugh at the line afterwards (probably the biggest laugh I've had watching a TV show in years)

"We should have done the cross-over"

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Tonight's finale was pretty good.

However the 'commercial' was pure gold.

And I had the biggest laugh at the line afterwards (probably the biggest laugh I've had watching a TV show in years)

"We should have done the cross-over"
Yes, that was the highlight for me for the hour. Otherwise, I was glad to see them finally come out on top (well, temporarily until next season), but I have to say the second half of this season was kind of a letdown for me.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
So, is Tala Ashe out of the show? She's been "erased" from their continuity? I hope not, since she's been delightful. Also, Nate already lost Amaya, even though Maisie Seller-Richardson stayed on the show. I hope it's not the case again. But...

This is from showrunner Phil Klemmer:

TVLINE | Has Tala Ashe left the show/series regular status? Or is the story now about Nate re-finding Zari?
Tala will be returning to the show but Zari, the character we know and love, will not be. Nate is welcome to go look for her next season, but he will not be pleased by what he finds.

https://tvline.com/2019/05/20/legends-of-tomorrow-recap-season-4-finale-zari-leaves/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks