What's new
World Wide Stereo

Using my subwoofer for music....... (1 Viewer)

Karl_Sp

Grip
I recently got a velodyne CHT-10 as my first subwoofer purchase. This is being added on to my very basic dolby pro-logic system(which I soon hope to upgrade). There is very little bass management on my receiver, actually there is probably no bass management on my reciever. The way I have it hooked up is that the sub uses its internal frequency filter (which I usually set between 60-80 depending) and all the other speakers still reproduce the full range. This seems to be working very well for movies. I am really happy with this. Here is my question, it has to do with music. When I listen to music at about 0-50% volume then using the sub definitly enhances the music but from about 50-100% the sub doesnt really add anything cause no matter how loud I set the sub I can't really hear it above everything else from the speakers. Is this because I have the speakers playing the full range. When listening to 2-channel music would most ppl set the crossover at around 80 or something and then let the sub alone play those frequencies. Just wondering cause Im a pretty young guy and like bass heavy music. Kinda disappoined that the sub doesnt pound out the bass when I push the volume up to a party level.

karl

ps - am i just expecting too much from the cht-10?

Karl_Sp

Grip
I guess I should add that my setup is in a large and open basement. Also, I am using 3-way towers with 12" woofers as my mains.

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
Your second post may be part of the problem. The large, open room may be preventing you from getting the bass level that you are hoping for. Dual subs may help.

Also, I don't know what Velodyne subs should sound like but you should be aware that good, clean sounding bass is not the pounding thump that you hear coming out of car and nightclub systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks