What's new

Colin

Owner
Real Name
Colin
As a home theater enthusiast, I often wondered: How can I achieve room-shaking bass while retaining a small speaker footprint that meets my wife’s aesthetic expectations? This is why I was so intrigued by the SVS 3000 In-Wall Subwoofers. But I was skeptical. Could these embedded units really match the performance of freestanding subs in a demanding home theater setup?

I had significant reservations about the installation. The thought of cutting into my walls made me hesitant, coupled with doubts about whether the sound quality could truly achieve the depth and clarity I expected. There was also the challenge of integration. Would these in-walls seamlessly blend with my existing setup, or would they be a jarring addition?

Continue reading...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do these work as a x.1 or x.2 subwoofer system with a single amp?
They are a little vague regarding whether the amp is two channels, that would run bridged for a single unit, and separately with two, or if it's a single channel that powers two units in parallel.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, my question for Colin is, can you adjust phase and EQ individually for each unit, or is it a single setting for both? That should indicate the answer.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks for bringing this up Dave. That's a very important detail.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
The idea of an SVS sub that can be easily lifted by a single person is something I didn't expect to ever see. Wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks