What's new

upgrading home theater suggestions (1 Viewer)

MattAnder

Grip
Hey everybody. I was hoping to get some suggestions. I will be moving into a new house in March and I was planning on upgrading my home theater setup before then. I'm basically just talking about speaker setup here. Right now I have a Paradigm 5.1 system. Monitor 90P's for fronts, CC-370 for center and ADP-370 for surrounds. I have a Marantz receiver that I'm happy with and I'm also happy with my dvd player. I have decent cables at the moment, but I'm sure that could be upgraded as well, but I can worry about that later. I was hoping to upgrade, but I don't really know where to start looking. Does anybody have any suggestions for some brands that are an upgrade to my current setup? If it helps at all the setup would be almost exclusively for movies--I listen to music from time to time, but not that often. Also the room won't be a dedicated home theater room--it's pretty much just a living room connected to the kitchen, but it's the best I could do. As far as price goes--I'm willing to spend, but I don't want to go nuts. For the whole setup I'd be willing to spend probably $6000-8000. Finally I live in Minnesota so I would need a place close by to sample the speakers before I bought. Thanks for any input you can give me.

MattAnder

Grip
It's not that I don't like it. I'm just looking for a bit more quality. Clearer voices through the center, more engrossing surrounds, better base etc.

joseph westcott

Second Unit
Studio 60's for fronts, CC-570 for center ADP-470 for surrounds, and servo 15 or seismec 12 for the subwoofer if you wanted to stick with Paradigms.

You might be happier just spending a good deal of your budget on one or two subs. You may be surprised. Buy them first and see if that does not satisfy your need to upgrade.

Could be Paradigms for a sub but consider others like SVS, Velodyne, Klipsch, etc.

MattAnder

Grip
Does anybody have any opinions on the Paradigm Signature Series? I know it is more expensive than regular Paradigms and the Paradigm Reference Series as well, but is it worth it? I do like my Paradigms very much and wouldn't mind at all just upgrading to either the Reference or Signature if it was worth it.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Matt, I've got a Paradigm setup that I'm very happy with; Monitor 7, CC350, and Mini Monitors, the only thing I'm not 100% happy with is the centre, and I've been thinking about upgrading it to another line (like the 470 or 570), I'm just not sure about the tonal match. Obviously it won't be exact, but If it's close, I'd be fine with it until (if) I decided to upgrade the mains. As for the surrounds, I can't imagine the ADP370s being an underperformer even with a Ref or Sig system. Frankly I don't find that the tonal match is THAT important for surrounds anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks