What's new

Suggestions for speakers. (1 Viewer)

mystman13

Auditioning
Real Name
Rodney Bryan
Hello all, new to the forum. Just moved into a new home and have a dedicated home theater room. Beginning to piece it together but looking for some input on speakers. I don’t want to break the bank but want a decent sound. The three sets I am looking at are Klipsch HDT 600, Energy 5.1 Take Classic, and the Polk Audio 5.1 which includes two T15, two T50, a T30 and a PSW10 Sub. I have the ability to wall mount everything and have never considered tower speakers but if they sound better. The Polk Audio is the only one with tower speakers. I am also choosing between the Denon AVR-S960H and the AVR-X1600H. The room is approximately 11 ft x 28 ft with two rows of seating (stadium style), a 142” screen and an Epson projector. Again, do not want to go poor buying new speakers so looking to stay under $700 for the speakers as it is my first attempt at building a home theater and will upgrade as funds allow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You should probably post your request over in this thread instead, and follow the format (providing the relevant info)...

Offhand, are you saying you need to keep the entire set of speakers, including subwoofer, at under $700 combined total?

That's extremely limiting, if including subwoofer, especially for a fairly deep room like yours. Might sound rather anemic to go w/ such a large (142") screen...

Of the speakers you mentioned, given your budget constraint, I suppose your best bet might be the Klipsch, if you generally like their horn sound. Perhaps stretch a little and go for the next higher up (or beyond) on whatever sale though... as such mass market speakers often go on very substantial sales (sometimes mark down as much as 40-50% off), especially w/ the holiday shopping season so close now...

Also, you probably need at least 7.1 setup, not just 5.1, given the depth of your space and the desire for 2 rows of seating.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks