What's new

Upcoming Timeless Releases (1 Viewer)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Buckskin would be a good show to release, for it starred Tommy Nolan as Jody O'Connell and Sallie Brophy as his mother who ran a boarding house in 19th century Montana. It was a summer replacement series in 1958 on NBC and ended up getting a fall time slot in 1958-59, but that was it, 39 episodes in its only season and was even seen in summer reruns seven years later in 1965! By the way, Tennesee Ernie Ford co-owned the series with Revue/MCA. I wouldn't mind seeing that show on DVD from Timeless.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Buckskin would certainly fit the bill, James. Here's to hoping Timeless adds it to their release schedule in 2012.

Gary "I'm in for every b/w series that Timeless releases" O.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Neil Brock said:
Perhaps for the knowledgeable poster like yourself. Okay, next time I'll try to make you work a little harder. :)
My crystal ball has come into a very sharp, sharp focus tonight. I am seeing the vaults opening on a library of shows once made by a popular distributor from long ago. Exciting shows taking place everywhere on the Earth with even some beyond. And of course a few shows from this distributor in a genre favored by this DVD company. A show in which the protagonist had a similar profession to a recent release by the same company. Even a show among the most disparaged of all time. An anthology show in a genre most popular today. Yes, I am seeing things that will make many of us quite happy! :D

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Excellent news, Neil! A question: any chance one of those forthcoming series will feature the adventures of a Western hero played by a skinny Brooklynite?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
My crystal ball has come into a very sharp, sharp focus tonight. I am seeing the vaults opening on a library of shows once made by a popular distributor from long ago. Exciting shows taking place everywhere on the Earth with even some beyond. And of course a few shows from this distributor in a genre favored by this DVD company. A show in which the protagonist had a similar profession to a recent release by the same company. Even a show among the most disparaged of all time. An anthology show in a genre most popular today. Yes, I am seeing things that will make many of us quite happy! :D
So, this is a new library of shows, or more from a library which favorites have already been released from?
Because if it isn't more from MCA, this Sounds like it could be either the Ziv ,Four Star, or Screen Gems!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It can't be Four Star because that's controlled by Fox, and if they're not willing to play reasonable with VCI for "Burke's Law" why would they do so with Timeless (much as I'd want them to, just to get that finished!)?
OTOH, I think this could be a tip-off. "Even a show among the most disparaged of all time."
Let's see now, "My Mother The Car" was produced by UA Television. And from the western genre, you get "Stoney Burke" (starring Jack Lord) and "Bat Masterson". "Some even beyond Earth" allows for "Men In Space"......that's my bet!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Jack P said:
It can't be Four Star because that's controlled by Fox, and if they're not willing to play reasonable with VCI for "Burke's Law" why would they do so with Timeless (much as I'd want them to, just to get that finished!)?
OTOH, I think this could be a tip-off. "Even a show among the most disparaged of all time."
Let's see now, "My Mother The Car" was produced by UA Television. And from the western genre, you get "Stoney Burke" (starring Jack Lord) and "Bat Masterson". "Some even beyond Earth" allows for "Men In Space"......that's my bet!
Yeh, now I think of it, sounds like the ZIV/UA Library of shows.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeshineboy /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/180#post_3919800
Here's hoping you're right, Jack! seems Gary's crystal ball may have some competition!

Actually, Neil stole my crystal ball and that's where he's getting his info. LOL. Just kidding. The more the merrier I always say. The bottom line is that my crystal ball shows me that Timeless is indeed planning some great, great stuff. And it's not all from Revue/Uni. But some of it may still be in the discussion mode as opposed to set for actual release mode. But good things are certainly happening with Timeless and the future looks very bright for b/w TV with that studio.

Gary "complimentary crystal balls - not dueling ones" O.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
What about the Timeless future and color TV series, is that not as bright looking as b&w titles?

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
My tolerance level must be high because I've never really had an issue with it.
Gary "looking forward to watching Wide Country, which I just got in the mail a few days ago" O.
Didn't you have to turn the brightness down quite a lot then? They're almost unwatchable unless.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
HenryDuBrow said:
What about the Timeless future and color TV series, is that not as bright looking as b&w titles?
Amongst this new library are some shows which shot their seasons in both color and black and white. And then there should be more coming from the studio they do their most amount of business with and there's some nice color shows on the possible horizon there.
By the way, some good guessing I'm seeing here! Of course, nothing is finalized yet but things are looking hopeful that we might be seeing Mr. Bradley soon. :D

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
FanCollector said:
Excellent news, Neil! A question: any chance one of those forthcoming series will feature the adventures of a Western hero played by a skinny Brooklynite?
Oh, I would say a pretty good chance.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Well, the old shows of long ago are still being readied for release by TMG. They'll have 87th Precinct and Yancy Derringer, both 'one and done' single season shows to be avalible in August. I know NBCUni has 87th Precinct, but who owns Yancy Derringer? I've heard the original theme song on a two-episode VHS tape, but it was also replaced by an instrumental theme tune, which was also heard in the underscore of episodes of The Rifleman by Herschel Burke Gilbert, who headed up the music department at Four Star.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
"... but it was also replaced by an instrumental theme tune, which was also heard in the underscore of episodes of The Rifleman by Herschel Burke Gilbert, who headed up the music department at Four Star."
James,
Is there any chance you could describe this musical segment (or provide a link / sound byte somehow)? I would love to hear the music from The Rifleman that you're referring to here. Thanks.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If they are going to venture into sitcom territory to release a show like "My Mother The Car", then let's one day see some stuff from the Universal holdings for which there are tape transfers already available (Hint-"Operation Petticoat"!)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I think some of the stuff Neil is "seeing" in his crystal ball is potential, not actual. I'm speaking of things that are being pursued versus things that are already signed, sealed and delivered. While my crystal ball shows me things that are being pursued, I mostly talk about or hint at things that are closer to being done deals. I know for a fact we will see more from the studio that Timeless has primarily been dealing with over the last few years. On the other hand they've also inked some deals with others too and I'm sure we'll be getting official release announcements soon, like we have for Yancy. Along with acquisitions already made, they are in talks about other things. That's some of what I believe Neil is referencing. I know there's a show I'd really, really like to see released and Timeless has been trying for some time to get a deal done. It's still a possibility, but as far as I know it still hasn't been signed. And I'm not talking about a Revue/Uni show. Regardless, we will be seeing some neat stuff from them in the coming months. No doubt about that.

Gary "overall, I still see Timeless as the #1 studio of 2012 in terms of releasing b/w TV" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
I think some of the stuff Neil is "seeing" in his crystal ball is potential, not actual.  I'm speaking of things that are being pursued versus things that are already signed, sealed and delivered.  While my crystal ball shows me things that are being pursued, I mostly talk about or hint at things that are closer to being done deals.  I know for a fact we will see more from the studio that Timeless has primarily been dealing with over the last few years.  On the other hand they've also inked some deals with others too and I'm sure we'll be getting official release announcements soon, like we have for Yancy.  Along with acquisitions already made, they are in talks about other things.  That's some of what I believe Neil is referencing.  I know there's a show I'd really, really like to see released and Timeless has been trying for some time to get a deal done.  It's still a possibility, but as far as I know it still hasn't been signed.  And I'm not talking about a Revue/Uni show.  Regardless, we will be seeing some neat stuff from them in the coming months.  No doubt about that.
Gary "overall, I still see Timeless as the #1 studio of 2012 in terms of releasing b/w TV" O.
Thanks for the info on the Timeless scene, Gary. I agree, it's been great to see these releases continuing. Without Timeless, I'd not have been able to add some good
a31cw5.jpg
to the collection.
Jeff "Timeless viewing on 'hold' due to temporary change in viewing priorities"
2vcfd55.jpg

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Gary OS said:
I think some of the stuff Neil is "seeing" in his crystal ball is potential, not actual. 
...and we know things can change in an instance either way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks