What's new

Wagon Train on DVD (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Is there any remote chance wagon train ever gets re-released?
Is there a chance Route 66 and Naked City get remastered and released on BluRay?
icon_e_praying.gif

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Keep in mind people. It's all about where the MONEY IS.
And how they can milk you.
They will try and release the same things over & over.
With new packing. But the same old-looking stuff you have now on the disc. Watch what you re-buy.
Check things really well.

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
I am not a big fan of Wagon Train because there is often far too much talking and little action.However the 2 Roberts- Horton/Fuller are great.A good western series on Amazon prime is
'The Californians' .It is fun and is in HD.Lasted 2 seasons.My 2 favs on Starz are Laramie and Tales of Wells Fargo.Great picture quality.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I am not a big fan of Wagon Train because there is often far too much talking and little action.However the 2 Roberts- Horton/Fuller are great.A good western series on Amazon prime is
'The Californians' .It is fun and is in HD.Lasted 2 seasons.My 2 favs on Starz are Laramie and Tales of Wells Fargo.Great picture quality.
In a TV Guide article on Robert Horton from late June 1961, he was critical of the show, saying the episodes are talky when they used to be full of action, even calling season four of WT as being soap-operish!

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
In a TV Guide article on Robert Horton from late June 1961, he was critical of the show, saying the episodes are talky when they used to be full of action, even calling season four of WT as being soap-operish!
Why Horton would go on to star in a soap opera As The World Turns on CBS in the early 80s as Whit McColl before his character was killed off!

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
I thought the show really lost something when Robert Horton left. I was never a big fan of Robert Fuller - I always found him a bit one-note.

It’s a shame that WT hardly has any hour long color episodes. Most of the color episodes they do have are 90 min long and don’t fit easily into rerun slots. Because the show was in B&W during its best years, it was never really rerun as much as color shows like Bonanza.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I thought the show really lost something when Robert Horton left. I was never a big fan of Robert Fuller - I always found him a bit one-note.

It’s a shame that WT hardly has any hour long color episodes. Most of the color episodes they do have are 90 min long and don’t fit easily into rerun slots. Because the show was in B&W during its best years, it was never really rerun as much as color shows like Bonanza.
And the fact that fuller character was basically a carbon copy of flint doesnt help. Him and Scott Miller had very little personality like that of Horton who could be dramatic but also comedic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks