What's new

Next 4 Months Looking A Little Dry (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I was browsing the future release list and it looks like we are headed for a fairly dry period from July - October. I am very excited for Dobie, Quincy and the finish of Mason but that's about it for me. We all have different preferences but personally I'm not a huge Gunsmoke or Bonanza fan so other than the aforementioned there is very little I'm excited about. I'll even stretch it a little and say I might buy Dynasty but that's where my interest in the announced upcoming releases ends.
Now off course Warner Archives may come up with a few surprises but we usually have no idea what they are till the last minute so I'm hoping they come through with some gems. Time will tell on that one. Of course, there are also Timeless and the other indies as well. I'm not really counting on Shout to do anything other than Dobie and Quincy during the next few months.
Here's hoping some distributor will surprise us with something.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Yes, it does look dry but be warned. The Christmas shopping season for DVD's usually starts around September/October with some great releases. If it's a little dry, then save your money because we're going to be hit with some good ones from September through December.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Greg Chenoweth said:
Yes, it does look dry but be warned. The Christmas shopping season for DVD's usually starts around September/October with some great releases. If it's a little dry, then save your money because we're going to be hit with some good ones from September through December.
You took the words out of my mouth. Summer's always a "Dry Season" for us DVD Lovers, in the meantime I have plenty of unwatched DVDs to tide me over. :biggrin:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Frank Soyke said:
I was browsing the future release list and it looks like we are headed for a fairly dry period from July - October. I am very excited for Dobie, Quincy and the finish of Mason but that's about it for me. We all have different preferences but personally I'm not a huge Gunsmoke or Bonanza fan so other than the aforementioned there is very little I'm excited about. I'll even stretch it a little and say I might buy Dynasty but that's where my interest in the announced upcoming releases ends.
Now off course Warner Archives may come up with a few surprises but we usually have no idea what they are till the last minute so I'm hoping they come through with some gems. Time will tell on that one. Of course, there are also Timeless and the other indies as well. I'm not really counting on Shout to do anything other than Dobie and Quincy during the next few months.
Here's hoping some distributor will surprise us with something.
I know there are those who will chide me for saying this but I want to make sure on Bonanza that they get past at least the Adam years. I can get the "lost episodes" from Encore if need be. Gunsmoke.....I'm waiting until all 20 seasons are out. I know it'll be a while but I want the whole enchilada.

According to a link I saw on here (I bookmarked it and it's now gone) CBS is in the process of doing a digital restoration on The Hillbillies, Honeymooners and Rawhide. I'm keeping my fingers crossed........

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Beverley Hillbillies will certainly make me happy. I still believe the show was at its most creative and funniest during Seasons 3-7. With only a slight drop in season 8 and then another drop in season 9. I'll buy them all but there are 4 more great seasons ahead.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I still have my fingers crossed for more Sony properties to be released from Shout. Maybe Q4 of this year will hold some surprises for all us classic tv enthusiasts.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
There's Quincy Season 6
The Final Season of Matlock
and Ultra Q - the series that aired before Ultraman.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The big question. What "Longshot" Series will make it to DVD this year. (Last Year it was China Beach, with Shazam! coming in a very close second). Never say Never. One of my "Grails", Ripcord will come out in a couple of months, In time for my Birthday (August 19). I've taken the liberty of ordering TWO Copies of it, one for my Sister and one for myself. :biggrin: In the meantime I'll hang loose and chew on the DVDs I already have.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I am not so sure Shout still HAS any Sony properties left. They have announced publicly that there will be no more releases of the '70s cop shows due to poor sales, as well as the fact "there are no plans at this time" for further releases of Diff'rent Strokes and Fantasy Island. When I asked about S5 of Hazel, they did not respond.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Kasey said:
I am not so sure Shout still HAS any Sony properties left. They have announced publicly that there will be no more releases of the '70s cop shows due to poor sales, as well as the fact "there are no plans at this time" for further releases of Diff'rent Strokes and Fantasy Island. When I asked about S5 of Hazel, they did not respond.
My question then becomes, other than Dobie and Quincy, do they even plan on releasing any more classic series at all? Doesn't sound like it

Wezzo

Second Unit
Kasey said:
Mad About You has long been abandoned, too.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I'm disappointed to hear about the 80's cop shows. I was really looking forward to more Police Story. I tookA chance on the show having never seen it. It was incredible!!

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
I'm looking forward to Shout's "Sapphire and Steel" complete series set, as I never bought the A&E discs and now they're priced too high in the aftermarket. That and the Dobie set makes this a pretty good summer.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. If CBS has done recent work on the Hillbillies, however, that's big news and I'm delighted to hear it.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Over the last 6-7 months or so, and in the near future, I haven't really found much of interest to me. Both tv shows and movies.

I think I may very well be at a point of exhaustion and burnout, when it comes to dvd/bluray and whatever is on cable.

The last tv show I picked up was House of Cards on its release date two weeks ago. (I don't think I'm going to pick up the season 2 bluray on its release date).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks