Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Professor Echo said:
/t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/210#post_3920022
...and we know things can change in an instance either way
It really can. There have been sets that were all but ready to be released and pulled at the last second due to different extenuating factors. The fact is that I don't ever count my dvd chickens before they are in my hands.

Gary "keep 'em coming, Timeless - keep 'em coming!" O.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Now how about a little unifinshed business about a gangster noir show, you know, "The Lawless Years". The first 27 episodes of seasons 1 & 2 were released by TMG back in 2005, but the final season of 20 episodes from 1961 haven't been released yet. I know the late Allen H. Miner directed many of those 47 eps and that he and his family ended up with ownership of the series, but could the Timeless people could get back with the Miner estate for those 'losr' 20 episodes, so they could release that set, or even the complete series. Now that one would make more sense!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
oldtvshowbuff said:
Now how about a little unifinshed business about a gangster noir show, you know, "The Lawless Years". The first 27 episodes of seasons 1 & 2 were released by TMG back in 2005, but the final season of 20 episodes from 1961 haven't been released yet. I know the late Allen H. Miner directed many of those 47 eps and that he and his family ended up with ownership of the series, but could the Timeless people could get back with the Miner estate for those 'losr' 20 episodes, so they could release that set, or even the complete series. Now that one would make more sense!
For whatever reason, the "complete" series release is missing 7 episodes. I knew many years ago that for some reason the 2-part Mad Dog Coll Story was missing amongst the tapes. However there are 5 other episodes which didn't air on NBC which were also not included in the set: The Goering Story, The Jan Kawolik Story, The Kitty O'Toole Story, The Chile Medroso Story and The Jack Russell Story.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
My crystal ball is lighting up again. I see a loner who has just fought in a war and now wanders the country battling injustice. Timeless does it again!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Well that would have to be the ZIV show MacKenzie's Raiders which I have not seen but am very interested in.
Where do you guys get those Crystal Balls :)

Although on 2nd thought it sounds more like The Rebel. So Paramount actually licensed out a show.....hmmm

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Randy Korstick said:
Well that would have to be the ZIV show MacKenzie's Raiders which I have not seen but am very interested in.

Although on 2nd thought it sounds more like The Rebel. So Paramount actually licensed out a show.....hmmm
Your second guess is the correct one in this instance, although both shows are coming.

Gary "Neil's crystal ball is slow if he just got that news" O. :P

nortius

Auditioning
Real Name
nortius maximus
I sure hope we get Johnny Cash's "The Rebel" theme in the credits with the DVD release. ME-TV has been showing syndicated versions that only have an instrumental theme song.

Anyways, it makes more sense for Timeless rather than Paramount to release this. Even though this series is EXCELLENT overall, and has more in common with adult westerns like HGWT than other westerns at that time, it probably has limited appeal to a general, non-Baby Boomer audience. Although, it has had some national exposure after playing since September on ME-TV, alot of people may not remember or be aware of it. Nick Adams was great, though. This was and still is one of my favorites.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick Adams was great in The Rebel.If it this is Timeless's new release, I would likely buy it even though I don't fancy westerns.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
They do intend to include the original theme, if it can be done. And, no, its not coming from CBS. Once again, syndicator does not necessarily control all rights to a show.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Beyond the Rebel which I will definately be buying, does anyone have any idea what Timeless will release in the future ? I'd like to see more of the ZIV shows like Waterfront, and World Of Giants . I read recently that Nick At Night now has the "rights" to The People Choice and Love That Bob. It would be great to see season sets of those shows come out on DVD if they could be licensed , but Timeless rarely releases Sitcoms.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
While Timeless is still releasing westerns, anyone for BLACK SADDLE? It starred Peter Breck as Clay Culhane, an ex-gunfighter turned lawyer and Russell Johnson as Marshal Gib Scott and Anna-Lisa as Nora Travers, a hotel proprietor. It ran for two seasons, S1 on NBC, S2 on ABC, and it was a Four Star production. I'd like to see TMG get a hold on Black Saddle from Fox and some of those other 4-Star westerns of that era.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Under no circumstances IMO should *any* Four Star titles be released on DVD until "Burke's Law" and "Big Valley" are finally unstalled from DVD purgatory and given the completion they deserve.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
oldtvshowbuff said:
While Timeless is still releasing westerns, anyone for BLACK SADDLE? It starred Peter Breck as Clay Culhane, an ex-gunfighter turned lawyer and Russell Johnson as Marshal Gib Scott and Anna-Lisa as Nora Travers, a hotel proprietor. It ran for two seasons, S1 on NBC, S2 on ABC, and it was a Four Star production. I'd like to see TMG get a hold on Black Saddle from Fox and some of those other 4-Star westerns of that era.
Yes , Black Saddle would be nice to see again. Also Boots and Saddles. I read somewhere, that Timeless did try to license Trackdown with no success. I'd also like to see Timeless put out Casey Jones , and The Gray ghost

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Randy Korstick said:

Does CBS own the show outright,or do the producers still own a piece of the show - might explain why it was licensable.

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
There is a whole list of westerns Timeless have tried to licence without success. I don't understand what the licence holders think they have to gain by refusing , more money I suppose but that is unlikely to happen.

Mackenzies Raiders is good stuff & was indeed a ZIV production.

I would also like to see 'Black Saddle' & some of the California National Productions 'The Californians' , 'Boots & Saddles' etc. The western well is still pretty deep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks