What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Time Tunnel on Blu (1 Viewer)

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^

I ordered this blu-ray from Deep Discount, with a promotional discount and no shipping fees, and received it yesterday. The case was cracked right down the middle almost the entire length. To return it I have to pay the shipping cost back and they won't replace it until they receive it. I won't have it for another month give or take.:wacko:

I got the replacement back yesterday...and I didn't even bother taking the shrink wrap off it this time. There were plastic bits & pieces rattling around inside the case. WTF?

I have ordered several times from Deep Discount before, with no problems like this. I don't know why I accepted the first time that I had to pay for shipping it back. I didn't think it was right and the person I talked to this time said I should not have been told that, but they won't reimburse me now that it's said and done.

They asked if I wanted another replacement. I said I'd give it another go one more time. I don't know if the packaging was the issue or not. I asked the person to see if they could package it more securely in a box instead of a mailing type envelope. She said she could note it on the order, but couldn't guarantee they'd read it or not.

I miss the days of just going to a store.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
They asked if I wanted another replacement. I said I'd give it another go one more time. I don't know if the packaging was the issue or not. I asked the person to see if they could package it more securely in a box instead of a mailing type envelope. She said she could note it on the order, but couldn't guarantee they'd read it or not.

After originally ordering this on February 14th, I received the third shipment yesterday, April 1st. No foolin'. They did not ship it in a box like I'd asked them to. It was in that flimsy mailing envelope again and it was ripped and a corner of the plastic case was visible. I took it out and opened it up. There was a small plastic piece rattling around the inside, but the Blu-Rays were fine and since I couldn't tell where that plastic piece came from I decided to keep this one.

I watched some extras and one episode last night and it looks great as others have reported.

I am still going to call Deep Discount and report the broken case again and perhaps try to talk to a supervisor. It can't be beneficial to the company to have to keep paying for mailing costs on items that would not need to be returned if they'd just package them a little better. The discs themselves were fine in all three shipments.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Ugh, I'm sorry your packaging woes continue, but at least the discs are undamaged and you can enjoy the series.

I love how the prints look in HD. There’s a difference between prints mastered from the 35mm broadcast films and those restruck from the original negatives (like Star Trek The Original Series). The prints are a little darker, but I really like that depth. The colors are deeper and the blacks are insane. I remember how astonishing it was to see the DVDs when they came out, but the Blu’s put them to shame.

No real digital cleanup was done and print scratches remain on some episodes, such as Raiders from Outer Space. However, I couldn’t be more happy with the quality of the prints. The fact that the set isn’t region locked is icing on the cake. I really hope Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea gets the same treatment. That series would look fabulous in HD. The crisp black and white of the first season, the vibrant colors of the second, the darker tones of the third and a slight return to brightness in year four.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
After originally ordering this on February 14th, I received the third shipment yesterday, April 1st. No foolin'. They did not ship it in a box like I'd asked them to. It was in that flimsy mailing envelope again and it was ripped and a corner of the plastic case was visible. I took it out and opened it up. There was a small plastic piece rattling around the inside, but the Blu-Rays were fine and since I couldn't tell where that plastic piece came from I decided to keep this one.

I watched some extras and one episode last night and it looks great as others have reported.

I am still going to call Deep Discount and report the broken case again and perhaps try to talk to a supervisor. It can't be beneficial to the company to have to keep paying for mailing costs on items that would not need to be returned if they'd just package them a little better. The discs themselves were fine in all three shipments.
I'm surprised they replaced them for a broken case. I've complained in the past and they said as long as the discs play they consider it OK and they'd not replace a product just because the case was damaged going on to say I'd have to send it in, let them inspect it, and only then would they consider a replacement and I would have to pay postage both ways if they didn't consider it damaged enough to replace. I quickly let them know that was unacceptable and that I'd curtail my purchases going forward unless they were the only source for a title I wanted.

That said - it has been a few years so it sounds like things may have changed.

I've since begun using them again on occasion and, so far, not received a damaged product in spite of them using those horrible padded envelopes.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^

I hear what you're saying, Howie...the first time I sent it back they told me I had to pay for the shipping, but they didn't expressly say it was because I said the case was ripped. (In fact, the second time the person I talked to said I shouldn't have had to pay the shipping back the first time. Perhaps it's who you talk to?)

This item is seven discs in a thick plastic case. In the first shipment the entire case was ripped from top to bottom at the spine with plastic chunks all over. (I actually tried the discs and they were fine.) If they had told me I couldn't return it I'd really have put up a fuss. I'm buying the discs AND the packaging. I'm returning it if it's damaged. If they can't send it in more appropriate packaging so damage like that won't happen, it's not my fault, is where I stand. I'd never seen a case so broken up like that before. It was like someone had stomped on it.

The only reason I feel the third shipment was acceptable enough is that they shipped it priority mail, which I didn't ask for, and it only took three days instead of over a week. If it had taken longer it probably would've been as damaged as the previous two shipments! In fact, as I mentioned...as it was, the packaging was ripped and the corner of the Blu-Ray box was sticking out of it.

I don't really like shopping online, but there's no alternative in so many instances now, if you want something. I recently went to Target looking for a kitchen item I used to pick up in any drugstore and a clerk told me they hadn't had that in stock for a long time and I was told I could order it online. A $2 item! Since I hadn't been able to find it anywhere for months I did because they didn't charge me shipping if I ordered it "in store" and it came in two days. But really? I ordered a $2 item where the shipping was more than that. I don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks