What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“AN ACTION-PACKED ORIGIN STORY FILLED WITH HEART AND HUMOR” – Jamie Jirak, Comicbook

image001.jpg

Witness the Origin of A New Marvel Cinematic Universe Super Hero

Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings Levels Up to Digital November 12 and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD November 30

LOS ANGELES, CA (October 1, 2021) – Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings debuts on all major digital platforms November 12 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 30. Marvel fans can enjoy never-before-seen bonus material including 11 deleted scenes and a gag reel.

Film Synopsis

Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings stars Simu Liu as Shang-Chi, who must face the past he thought he left behind and confront his father, leader of the dangerous Ten Rings organization. The film also stars Awkwafina as Shang-Chi’s friend Katy, Meng’er Zhang, Fala Chen, and Florian Munteanu, with Michelle Yeoh as Ying Nan and Tony Leung as Xu Wenwu.

Beginning November 12, “one of Marvel’s best origin stories” (Sean Mulvihill, Fanboy Nation), Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings will be available to all Disney+ subscribers. The film also arrives on all digital stores such as Apple TV, Prime Video and Vudu with exclusive bonus features.

Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings Bonus Features*

• Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
  • Deleted Scenes
    • They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
    • Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
    • Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
    • I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
    • Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
    • Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
    • Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor's escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
    • Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
    • Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu's philosophy.
    • Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
    • Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
  • Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  • Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu.
  • Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.

*bonus features vary by product and retailer

Cast: Simu Liu
as Shaun/Shang-Chi

Tony Leung as Xu Wenwu

Awkwafina as Katy

Meng’er Zhang as Xialing

Fala Chen as Ying Li

Michelle Yeoh as Ying Nan

Yuen Wah as Master Guang Bo

Directed by: Destin Daniel Cretton

Produced by: Kevin Feige, p.g.a.

Jonathan Schwartz, p.g.a.

Executive Producers:
Louis D’Esposito

Victoria Alonso

Charles Newirth

Screenplay by: Dave Callaham

& Destin Daniel Cretton

& Andrew Lanham

Screen Story by: Dave Callaham

& Destin Daniel Cretton

Music by: Joel P West

Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings Product Specifications

Street Date:
Digital: November 12

Physical: November 30

Product SKUs: Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD

Physical: 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Digital Code) & DVD

Feature Run Time: Approx. 132 minutes

Rating: U.S. Rated PG-13

Bonus material not rated

Aspect Ratio: Digital: 2.39

Physical: 2.39:1

U.S. Audio: 4K Ultra HD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks

Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks

DVD: English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio Language Tracks

Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)

U.S. Subtitles: 4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French

Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French

DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French

Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.
Wow. This is the best surprise I've had in a while. I am a big fan of Destin Daniel Cretton's work. I own all of the previous feature films he has directed. Shang-Chi is his fifth. None of the other four have ever included a commentary track before. So I was not expecting Shang-Chi to have one either. I'm delighted to be wrong about this and can't wait to hear it.

I loved this movie. Obviously, this is an immediate day one purchase for me.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Digital Bits posted this artwork for the standard 1080p Blu-ray version. Credit to them for this.

Shang-Chi Blu-ray.jpg

This one issue ugly and the 4K artwork is so much nicer that I might be inclined to spring for the 4K even though I don't really need it. We'll see what the pricing structure is like on release date. I'd also want to make sure that it's not just a situation of the 4K having a better slipcover and that the artwork I like is actually on the case itself if I were going to pay more for it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Interested to see the inevitable steel book artwork.

I see there is no DVD in the Blu-ray version. Was Black Widow this way?

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Ron,
This release looks awesome! Can't wait to see it on my big Screen....

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Never did get to see it at the theater. To tell the truth I still feel uncomfortable going into.places like theater's, even with vaccination.

I'll have to watch it on D+ but it is a drag missing a theatrical viewing and having to wait another month to see it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Remember, this is a Disney release, so the likelihood of Amazon US being able to fulfill pre-orders in a timely manner is very small. I am happy to support HTF with referral purchases when I believe that I am going to get the item. But in this case, I'm planning to get it from a store as I do not trust Amazon with pre-orders of Disney Blu-rays.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Remember, this is a Disney release, so the likelihood of Amazon US being able to fulfill pre-orders in a timely manner is very small. I am happy to support HTF with referral purchases when I believe that I am going to get the item. But in this case, I'm planning to get it from a store as I do not trust Amazon with pre-orders of Disney Blu-rays.
Well how does Amazon do in terms of price drops on Disney titles? Is it going to stay at $39.99 until release date? I'm guessing it'll be cheaper at Target but who knows these days.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Well how does Amazon do in terms of price drops on Disney titles?
The price is irrelevant because they aren't going to be able to supply you the title in a timely manner. Most people around here know this. Amazon will not be able to supply you a copy on release date, period. They've been in a spat with Disney for years. There's a whole thread about it if you want to search for it.

Either the listing will be removed before street date or, if it does stay up, it will be changed to say it is temporarily out of stock on the release date or usually ships within 1 to 2 months. The bottom is you cannot get reliable service from Amazon on pre-orders for Disney discs. This has been going on for almost five years now. The last time I was able to get a Disney title from Amazon on release date was November 2016. They've been feuding on terms ever since, so Amazon does not get stock of Disney new releases in any sort of timely manner.

By all means you should order other titles from Amazon to support HTF via referral links. I do that all the time with anything I'm buying from Amazon and am more than happy to do so. But the Amazon/Disney feud has nothing to do with HTF. The bottom line is that if you trust Amazon with a pre-order for a Disney disc, you will not get it on time. You are better off purchasing it from a physical store or another online retailer like Best Buy or Target.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Well how does Amazon do in terms of price drops on Disney titles? Is it going to stay at $39.99 until release date? I'm guessing it'll be cheaper at Target but who knows these days.

I can't remember more than once maybe their eventual price wasn't in the ballpark of the big 3. No reason to believe this would be more than 29.99 and a good chance of 24.99/26.99 at release.

As long as you don't demand release day delivery (they may, they may not) at least the price should be in the ballpark with the other stores. Black Widow was 29.95 at release though dropped to 24.99 around mid Oct. Many/most Target and Walmart customers got that $5 back as well as BBY Elite/Elite Plus folks. I couldn't care less about release day stuff, but the price guarantee for 6+ weeks is a must for me. With BBY extended Holiday returns that should give everyone protection through at least mid-Jan

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Best Buy put up the steelbook for pre-order. It is the same artwork that @Sam Favate posted on Wednesday from Zavvi.

Also, Target has an exclusive "art edition" with what looks to be like an alternate slipcover. It contains "2 Limited-Edition Foil-Etched Prints."

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just at Amazon.jp -- so far and most likely only
I'd hoped Random Space Media in Australia might get the Marvel 3D's from Disney, as they've released the Sony/Marvel Spider-Man and Venom films on 3D (though no sign of Let There Be Carnage yet) and have a big selection of MCU offerings from Disney/Marvel and other Disney titles, but so far none on 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks