What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Time Tunnel on Blu (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
For those interested in Irwin Allen soundtracks, then LaLa Land records are releasing a limited edition of only 1000 CD copies of Land Of The Giants (4 x CD Set). Restored and remastered from the original source elements.

What a wonderful looking set indeed and will be a wonderful edition to the Lost In Space Soundtrack set they did a couple of years ago. I just had to order it. Here's hoping for Time Tunnel and Voyage CD soundtrack sets in the near future.

LAND OF THE GIANTS 50th ANNIVERSARY SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION:

https://lalalandrecords.com/land-of...undtrack-collection-limited-edition-4-cd-set/

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Sigh... I had this ordered from Deepdiscount with a 10% discount. BUT I used a virtual CC and failed to account for them hitting it again when the item came back into stock (they hit it once when I placed the order but some vendors will allow that first charge to drop off and do another charge when an item comes back into stock - DD does this and I forgot). That means my order got cancelled as they don't seem to be able to tell you "We are having trouble charging your card - please check this and we'll try again" type message (like Amazon will do). Bummer... or not! They now have a 15% off coupon and it's in stock. I'm about to try again...

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
It's worth the headaches...
It certainly is... I have been watching a few episodes each evening over the past week or so and am already on disc 6! Really wish the other Irwin Allen shows (Land of the Giants and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea) get released on blu soon!

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
Two words: Winton Hoch. His splendid cinematography is reason alone to get this Blu-ray.

I'd been on the fence about buying this set, since I already had the DVDs (and they've mostly been sitting idle on my shelf for years, with many of the episodes still unwatched). But now I'm really glad I got this. Picture & sound are pristine!

TIME TUNNEL scripts may have gone downhill as the season wore on, but Hoch's photography never did. I've sampled both early & late episodes on the Blu-ray, and they all look magnificent. Hoch's lighting and framing are a textbook example of how to do it right.

Hoch left VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA to work on TIME TUNNEL. Wish he'd gone back to VOYAGE when TT got canceled.

Last edited:

CarlosMeat

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
I agree it really does look quite beautiful. I watched the first three episodes so far. I like to use these as filler ( for lack of a better term) I might watch a movie but I know I can't sit through another full length movie but I will watch an episode or two of this or another old TV show. Works out great.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
My set arrived Saturday. Of course I opened it immediately and finally started watching last night (I was wanting to finish S1 of Combat! first).

It looks better than I ever thought it could! Even the menu is a super cool design! I could live without the continuous loop of the theme music. While I like it very much, I do not like any music on a menu and especially not on a continuous loop. If it only played once and stopped that'd be preferable.

With Lost in Space and The Time Tunnel looking so good on BR I'm absolutely itching to get Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Land of the Giants on Blu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks