What's new

The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread. (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, I already have the Gentle Giant and Sideshow Vader statues on order so it looks like all I need to get is the new Kotobukiya statue which is due out in September and the Medicom 12" figure which should be available in June or July. That should satisfy my Vader fix for a while.......damn, I sound like a crack addict. :D

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Where's the best place to get the first Koto Vader?

I've seen pictures of all the newer Vaders, but prefer that pose by a wide margin. The GG would have been close, but the cape just looks weird.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Kirk,
The best price I've seen for the first Koto Vader is on the Barnes and Noble website. They have it for around $80 which is a lot cheaper than most people are offering it for on eBay. Hope this helps. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
BTW, the Luke fx saber is cool too. Uses 6 batteries instead of 3. Look for updated pics in Club Timobi Wan soon. :b

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this thread died. Did all the interest in SW collectibles go away after the release of Episode III? :frowning:

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Brent,
I'm not sure if it died, per se. I think this thread is just going to have natural ebb and flow now that ROTS has been released.
There is lots of stuff yet to come from SideShow, Gentle Giant, Koto, and on and on and on.
:)
The one thing I found recently was that I didn't want to spend $$$ for models of the space ships from the Star Wars galaxy: I purchased the ERTL models of the X-Wing, Darth Vader's TIE-Fighter, and the Millennium Falcon. Master Replicas has/is making "Studio Scale" limited replicas of the AT-AT, Snow Speeder, and who knows what else down the line. Unfortunately, all of these are $$$: The Snow Speeder has an MSRP of $599.00, an the AT-AT is over $1,000.00.
Now, I have found out about a company called "Fine Molds" that really cares about making their models as accurate as possible. They have released an X-Wing model that comes with specific instructions on how to make it look like Red Five, or some of the other specific X-Wings from EPIV. The detail is amazing and very accurate. They also have made the Jedi Star fighter, TIE-Fighter, TIE-Interceptor, SLAVE 1, and will be coming out with the Falcon.
Some of these are now out of print and are getting harder to find. They are all 1/72 scale and require some skill and patiece with modeling. Personally, it is worth it to to me put these together myself, have FILM ACCURATE replicas, and get most of them for about $35.00. (The Slave 1 seems to be selling for about $90.00, and the Falcon will have an MSRP of $185.00, but compared to a MR Falcon, which would, probably be well more than $1,000.00, it is a great deal.
Of course we have to put in the effort to make it look good.
:)
This page shows a comparison between the MPC/ERTL and Fine Molds' Falcons in terms of accuracy and detail:
http://www.hlj.com/product/FNMX-01
Here is part of the text explaining Fine Mold's approach to making this model (and their others):
"...According to Fine Molds' President Kunihiro Suzuki, he and his staff took over 600 photos of the actual 60cm dia. model that was used for principal photography of the Millennium Falcon in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi to give them all the reference information they needed to create the perfect replica. The building process will be much like the way the prop was built, with numerous detail parts being attached to the large hull pieces. When completed, the model will be about 30cm (about one foot) in diameter -- just slightly smaller than the MPC/Ertl kit..."
SWEET! This is what I care about: Not limited editions, but items the best reflect what was seen on the screen.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Not what you would call a high end collectible, but I have been unable to find a 27x40 of the Phantom Menace. Even allposters doesn't have it. Does anybody know where I can get them?

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Not what you would call a high end collectible, but I have been unable to find a 27x40 of the Phantom Menace. Even allposters doesn't have it. Does anybody know where I can get them?
Check out Iconographics
They have The Phantom Menace, but it is $75.00.
They are very reputable and I have happily purchased many times from them.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
That was hilarious. There is something about it that makes it funnier than your usual jokes. Maybe it's the way he uses the lightsaber! How can I save that clip? I want to keep it.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Hey Mark! Long time no see guys! Looks like Tim and Brent have been bit by the high-end bug in my absence. Please give my regards to your wallets. ;) Mine is still pissed at me for the repeated abuse I give it every month. LOL! Here's hoping your significant others are as forgiving as mine is.
Chazz: I like the site man! I found it not too long ago when I was doing a search. Haven't posted or registered, but I've been reading here and there.
Brent: Regarding the Vader "reveal," it has been hinted by Steve D. of MR that they will be producing one for the 2006 line-up. It would be interesting if SS did one too though. A hard decision it would be. I already had a hard enought time trying to decide which statue line I was going to collect. :D
Sam: Like Wayne said, MR has revamped the site big time! They are completeing the new site in stages. So far, they have completed stage 1 of their revamp and plan to add a "sold out" page like they had on their previous site. If you are looking for a comprehensive list, check out the photo archives over at Rebelscum. From what I understand, CSM's will be receiving an email today or tomorrow regarding the update and changes to the site and MR. Also, they will be announcing the Luke ANH Elite Edition Lightsaber. How cool is that?! :)
I've made a few additions to my Webpage, and I'm also eagerly awaiting the Yoda EPIII and Sidious sabers (hopefully shipping soon).

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Thanks a lot for that link, I didn’t see it before.
Personally I would never do that............to my collectible lightsaber! :D

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
:crazy: You are so riiiiiiiiiiiiight. :D
Fantastic pics Louie. Absolutely amazing. I'm not worthy to be in this thread. :b

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
:emoji_thumbsup: Thanks Tim, and I think you are the most worthy to be here. :D
Regarding the MR email, here is what was posted by Amy (MR Customer Service):
Hello Everyone!
As promised, here is a copy of the email that is going out today. It is a text version only.
Welcome on board as Master Replicas announces the launch of our NEW 2005 Collectors Society membership kit. Sign up for our team and we promise we'll share with you a galaxy of excitement in the coming months as we celebrate the great and the good of prop collecting.
As a member of our alliance**, you'll receive a variety of exclusive benefits available in no other system -
o A full Darth Maul .45 Scaled Replica LightsaberTM* (MSRP $50)
o A personalized Membership Card and ID Number
o An exclusive CS 2005 embroidered patch
o The Replica Report featuring behind the scenes on how we make your favorite replicas
o Advance purchase on all Master Replicas releases
o Exclusive contests with the chance to win prototypes and Artist Proofs
o Special offers, discounts, & invitations
o The chance to purchase CS Exclusives
*This piece will be retired December 31, 2005 and is only available thru the Collectors Society Kit.
** Early ordering and CS membership exclusive offers will still be honored for existing members.
Additionally, you'll receive a
o $100 credit toward the purchase of a Studio Scale Replica
o Two $50 credits toward a Limited Edition Replica or Helmet (sorry, not redeemable on Elite Editions)
o One $30 credit toward a Force FX Lightsaber
o Two $10 credits toward a .45 Scaled Replica
This combined value of $300 (one credit redeemable per purchase – valid on new orders only) can be yours
FOR THE GREAT PRICE OF
$59.95
(Domestic S&H included, additional $20 for international)
(Please allow 7 – 10 business days to activate your CS Membership)
DON'T GET LEFT IN THE OUTER RIM. JOIN TODAY!
AND RIGHT ON THE HEELS OF THIS INCREDIBLE OFFER WE BRING YOU OUR FIRST 2005 CS EXCLUSIVE!
Luke Skywalker LightsaberTM
Episode IV: A New Hope
Elite Edition
(Available June 28, 2005, 9:00 a.m. PST)
"Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough."- Obi Wan Kenobi
Master Replicas proudly unveils one of our most anticipated Elite Edition Replicas ever – the Luke Skywalker Lightsaber as seen in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
The lightsaber that inspired a generation of kids to run around their homes wielding flashlights or paper kitchen towel rolls can now be yours to own… FOREVER!
Made from the finest stainless steel, our replica features authentic detailing, including seven hand grips and a one rivet D-ring assembly. Created directly from archival reference photographs, this beautiful prop replica faithfully reproduces the version of Luke's saber as seen in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope publicity photographs.
Only 1000 units are available worldwide!
So embrace your destiny, and like Luke before you, be ready to begin your Padwan training at 9:00 a.m. PST Tuesday, June 28th when you can place your order*.
Our last Elite Edition sold out in less than three hours so don't sit on your mouse!
*Only available to CS members. Please allow 7-10 business days to activate your membership. Limit two per membership.
Master Replicas Exclusive Comic-Con Party!!!
Friday, July 15th, 2005
Anakin succumbed to the dark side, Padmé passed away, the Republic is in ruins, Yoda is in exile and the twins are orphaned. What do we do? Partay! That's right folks, after the roaring success that was our incredible Celebration III Collectors Society shindig, we decided to do it all again. So if you are a current CS member or become one by June 23, 2005 you'll have the opportunity to join us for the hottest party at San Diego Comic-Con!
Prizes, drinks, special guests, and the Master Replicas' staff…what more could you want? Sorry, no Sy Snoottles or the Max Rebo combo, but we might have a Gundark wrestling contest or two. So if you'd like to join us, please send us an email with your name, phone number, and email address to [email protected] by Thursday, June 23rd. A random drawing on June 30, 2005 will determine the destiny of 150 of our lucky members* who will be able to embarrass themselves alongside us at this exclusive event.
*Must be a CS member to be considered. One guest per member permitted. Master Replicas' official guest list will be posted on our MR BLOG. Validated guests only. Member and their guest must enter party together. Sorry, no exceptions. Valid ID's will be required. (Please allow 7-10 business days to activate your CS Membership)
I don't know if anyone here is going to SDCC, but man that would be fun. Wish I could go.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I got Obi-Wan’s mini lightsaber today; it’s the Episode III version. I can’t believe I’m writing this but how come its direction on the stand is right to left?! It’s in the opposite direction of my other mini-lightsabers and so now it looks out of place in my collection! Is this an error? Don’t they follow a standard?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks