What's new

The Scrubs (season 3) ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Well, as W&G ran 2 minutes long and ER started 1 1/2 minutes early, I'd say same amount of show.
So we probably got less show. The full intro song for Scrubs is under 30 seconds anyway, so there is really no way to make up for the lost 4 minutes, excpet by reducing commercials, which we know no network would do.

It seems that NBC's Thursday night shows are all running over the standard 30 minutes except for Scrubs, which is getting shorter. Its too bad because Scrubs is the best of the bunch, and, IMO, the only one worth watching.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Its too bad because Scrubs is the best of the bunch, and, IMO, the only one worth watching.
YEa it is the best of the bunch, but I still get a kick outta W&G, even though it's the same ol' jokes. I find myself laughing at it more this season that I have the past couple of seasons.

Anyways, so more good lines:

"Why is there a pancake in the silverware drawer?" "No, its why is there silverware in the pancake drawer?"

"Inner monologue? Weirdo!"

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
This episode was hilarious. I loved the look on JD's face when he was getting "spanked" by Elliot. Cracked me up.

Sucks that it's against CSI. We missed the first half of CSI watching our happless SJ Sharks. I don't like watching the last halves of dramas w/o knowing what happened in the first half hour. We try to catch the Scrubs reruns during summer but we were lucky enough to catch this episode.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Richard: It is the show they feel most comfortable with shoving around, but it'll be back to normal. They're trying out a midseason replacement for "Coupling."

From thefutoncritic.com:
Thursday, December 4
8:00/7:00c - "Friends"
8:30/7:30c - "The Tracy Morgan Show" (new episode, special night & time)
9:00/8:00c - "Will & Grace"
9:30/8:30c - "Good Morning, Miami" (new night & time)
10:00/9:00c - "ER"

NBC Thursdays (as of December 11)
8:00/7:00c - "Friends"
8:30/7:30c - "Scrubs" (new time)
9:00/8:00c - "Will & Grace"
9:30/8:30c - "Good Morning, Miami"
10:00/9:00c - "ER"

As noted above, "Scrubs" will move back to its pre-sweeps time period of Thursdays at 8:30/7:30c beginning December 11.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I'll be waiting for "HI, I'M BRIAN FELLOWS!" I'm shocked he got a show on his own. He's terrible on SNL. Someone in the NBC hierarchy must like him.

Regarding Scrubs, I caught it at 930pm Pacific time last night. 830 time slot would be better since Survivor will be over soon.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Still, it's got to be a positive sign that they kept Scrubs through sweeps. It must mean that they're confident in the ratings. As long as the show starts later than usual I don't mind; as soon as it doesn't start when it's supposed to I check the book, and adjust accordingly.

What really pisses me off is when they have a later show and move it to an earlier timeslot. By the time you realized you've missed it, it's already over. Same when they movie it to an earlier night of the week.

So as long as Scrubs stays between Friends and E.R., I'm cool with it.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard that I had tears flowing down my eyes. The first few minutes were absolutely hilarious, the rest of the episode was nice as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Ponch!"

Dr. Cox's grin on the stopped ferris wheel after unloading the "JD banged Jordan" revelation was simply comic genius timing.

I so want a DVD box set of this particular show.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
NBC is aware that Scrubs beats Will and Grace in the slots. But W&G is a cash cow, and Debra is on the cover of People. John McGinley is not :)

Good episode, not quite as good as last week, but still a few gutbusters, and lots of smiles.

I enjoyed the first "deaf" scene.

Great, great show!

Take care,
Chuck

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Sidebar

For the past four weeks or longer, the DirecTV directory has been blank for the Thursday, 9:30, NBC slot. Is this an ongoing result of the Coupling flameout? Hasn't NBC been able to notify DirecTV of their revised shedule yet?

Has anybody else seen this? Anybody have a better explanation?

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Glad to have the intro back. I love the song.

Not quite as funny as last week, but still pretty damn good.

Dr. Cox's grin on the stopped ferris wheel after unloading the "JD banged Jordan" revelation was simply comic genius timing.
That was funny.

Turk telling everyone about Kelso being deaf was great. Then watching Ted come back and tell him off after the hearing had come back was funny. "Who's Ted?"

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
12/04/2003

The actor who plays the janitor really was the transit cop in "The Fugitive"!!! That is so freakin' great!!! I love this show.

Turk: "Now picture me and Elliot" :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Black JD was a hilarious sight gag.

Cox's back pain after the show-off dunk, and his subsequent "good fortune" when Jordan has a change of heart was funny due to his swearing and crying throughout their night of sex.

How about Doc from Love Boat showing up as Smelliott's patient?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I've loved scrubs since early season 2 (missed out on season 1 because i thought it would be too much like ally mcbeal which i never cared for). Is it just the pacing of the show (or maybe just me) but it always seems so much shorter than all the other half hour comedies. it's like there's only 15-18 minutes of actual show.

Anyone else notice this?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
All half-hour sitcoms are feeling really squeezed for time this season. I think they've pushed the commerical limit for a half-hour of programming too far. As for why this feels shorter then the rest, NBC likes to extend the running time of Friends and Will & Grace when their forth slot show inevitably fails.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks