What's new

71st (2019) Primetime Emmy Awards (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I mostly just watch "non-scripted" fare on network TV these days, like "Survivor", "The Voice", "The Masked Singer", 'Big Brother", "SYTYCD", etc. Scripted stuff, not so much anymore, unless its bingeable in small doses.

derekbd

Grip
Real Name
Derek
... some joker whose Fosse/Verdon show I probably wouldn't have even cared for?!
I realise that I'm responding to a years-old post, but I just saw all of the Emmy Award links reposted, and I've not been here very long.

bmasters9, that has to be one of the most asinine comments I've seen here, and I'm surprised to see it coming from a senior member. "some joker" means you likely have no idea who Michelle Williams is, and how often her work has been revered by viewers and industry alike, and "Fosse/Verdon show I probably wouldn't have even cared for" really takes the cake. It admits you didn't see Fosse/Verdon, a series that was widely praised, and that it's not even the type of show you would ever watch. How does that make your opinion worthwhile in any sense?

It's hard for you that your favourite didn't win (and I agree, Joey King did a very good job), but to suggest another actor wasn't worthy is petty.

And your comment about "morals and ethics"...? WTF does that have to do with a performance?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It's hard for you that your favourite didn't win (and I agree, Joey King did a very good job), but to suggest another actor wasn't worthy is petty.

You're absolutely right about that-- I was absolutely wrong about it and about everything else (I didn't even realize I was being petty when I wrote all of it; I wish I could delete everything I said). Heck, even Joey King herself actually realized and admitted that she wasn't likely to win at her first nomination going against someone who's been there longer than her.

Of course, I haven't seen all that much current stuff to begin with, so your point about what I said does have merit (albeit it blindsided me; I wasn't expecting to be brought to task [much as I needed to be]).

derekbd

Grip
Real Name
Derek
You're absolutely right about that-- I was absolutely wrong about it and about everything else (I didn't even realize I was being petty when I wrote all of it; I wish I could delete everything I said). Heck, even Joey King herself actually realized and admitted that she wasn't likely to win at her first nomination going against someone who's been there longer than her.

Of course, I haven't seen all that much current stuff to begin with, so your point about what I said does have merit (albeit it blindsided me; I wasn't expecting to be brought to task [much as I needed to be]).

I very rarely make such a post, especially being new to a forum. I thank you for taking the criticism gracefully.

I enjoy reading many parts of the board. I am an avid film viewer, a cinéaste, doing my best to catch up on so many amazing works of art from around the world.
As for home ciné equipment, mine is very primitive, but the system serves my needs. I enjoy collecting physical media, acquiring mostly those titles and collections that mean a lot to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks