What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (2 Viewers)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Any idea how long it will be - if ever - for these two to become available on Disney Movie Rewards? I just recently pumped in all the codes that I'd never done anything with and found I had over 4000 points. But having just recently joined the Movie Club I've already spent real money on what I really want with my introductory offer and committment purchases.

If I'd only held off on the latter a couple of weeks . . .

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
DMR are so hard to predict I wouldn;t want to venture a guess.

So far I don't think any of the DMC BD exclusive have been available though DMR program, but with the randomness of DMR I would never go that way vs DMC to get an item. Not that long ago I topped 30K in DMR points just b/c there was really nothing I needed or wanted through them. Everything high profile I had 1-2yrs+ befor DMR. I did finally get some peripheral titleslike Tempest and Morning Light through them and a bunch of other collectibles.

I'll pay DMC their $8-12 per title and if it shows up on DMR 2-3 yrs later I'm OK with that.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Paul Penna said:
Any idea how long it will be - if ever - for these two to become available on Disney Movie Rewards?

Titles only end up as reward redemptions when they have a lot of stock that didn't sell. It's possible that the Blu-ray exclusives may eventually get there but I wouldn't count on it. If you are desperate and are absolutely adamant against joining the club, there is always ebay, and yes the new titles are already listed there as the scalpers are already selling them before they even have them in hand.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Well color me surprised! I would have bet the house that the Davy Crockett movies would have been presented at 1.37:1 due to their television origins, but the Blu-ray presents them in a widescreen theatrical ratio of 1.66:1. These, and Treasure Island all look fantastic and are Dolby Digital 2.0 mono (at 320 kbit/s). I will post screencaps first chance I get tomorrow.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Some screen captures:

Treasure Island:

TIBD1.jpg

TIBD2.jpg

TIBD3.jpg

Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier:

DCKOTWF1.jpg

DCKOTWF2.jpg

DCKOTWF3.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mark-P said:
Well color me surprised! I would have bet the house that the Davy Crockett movies would have been presented at 1.37:1 due to their television origins, but the Blu-ray presents them in a widescreen theatrical ratio of 1.66:1. These, and Treasure Island all look fantastic and are Dolby Digital 2.0 mono (at 320 kbit/s). I will post screencaps first chance I get tomorrow.
Yeah, I plan on watching the Davy Crockett films this week. Also, have Treasure Island that I'll checkout in the near future.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Since I already have the TV versions in 1.37:1, I am very pleased that they released these in 1.66:1 which will give them a different and more theatrical look. They were filmed in color and protected for 1.75:1 since they anticipated a theatrical release and because the theatrical releases were successful they continued this practice into the 60's. The framing should be great at 1.66:1 allowing for a little extra headroom from 1.75:1.

Mark-P said:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Already completed my membership obligation to the Disney club long ago.

Wondering if it is more economical to rejoin and get the Disney exclusives as part of the enrollment deal -or- see if there is a buy one, get second discount that would allow me to save money without having to rejoin.

I am guessing the former would be the best method.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
HI Ron

I just completed mine as well. They have frequent deals for VIP's. I just did the buy one at $29.99 and then get as many as you want at 60% off and a collectors pin. So I bought one animated title I needed at $29.99 but then got 6 exclusives for $9.99 each. You have to pay shipping on this deal but they have another one where you buy 1 and then get 50% off plus free shipping. This deal is better if you are buying 5 or less titles.

So I think its worth staying.

Ronald Epstein said:
Already completed my membership obligation to the Disney club long ago.

Wondering if it is more economical to rejoin and get the Disney exclusives as part of the enrollment deal -or- see if there is a buy one, get second discount that would allow me to save money without having to rejoin.

I am guessing the former would be the best method.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks Randy!

Let's see if I can do buy one and get the exclusives for $9.99 each

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Ron. if you have at least 6 itmes you really want now, it is almost always better to do a full re-enrollment if you you use the best codes (essentially 2 full priced items after your initial 6 or 7 enrollment).

I done these numbers several time including the best scenario possible (under 20 titles) with B1G60% even with Free Shipping and the VIP deals are going to slightly more expensive no matter though only in the $2-3 per item range in the optimum situation. It probably comes down to whether it's worth cancelling and going through the re-enrollment process. Admittedly that isn't difficult especially if everything you want is listed on the signup website. It generally takes 60-90 days for new items to be added to the website so anything released since September isn't on the web now.
Many of those releases have been allowed over the phone already though that depends on the CSR you get.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
David,

Thanks for the heads up.

If I am correctly understanding what you are recommending...

What enrollment code allows you only 2 full priced items after initial 6 or 7 enrollment?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
There are 3 current promo codes for essentially the same deal (2 with MM blanket and 1 with the Frozen blanket) the last I checked though they can come and go.
I think I posted a longer list in the DMC thread a few pages back, but they are all variations of the same deal with/without blanket and varying from 3-5 post-enrollment commits.

28563 with a Free Mickey blanket
30058 with a blanket featuring Olaf

Basic Deal -- enter either code in the Promotions Box or give it to the CSR on the phone. On the web I'd check the Membership Details to make sure it's giving you that correct breakdown.

1st 5 for $1 and FS requiring 3 commitments
#6 for $11.95 which counts as 1st commitment
#7 for $8.95 -- doesn't count as a commitment

Net: Buy 6 for $13 or 7 for $22 and you need only 2 further full priced 29.95 commitments to fulfill.
There are some 24.95 preorder that specifically count as a commitment. Currently the Preorder for Aladdin 2/3 at 26.99 counts as a commitment though there aren't any active FS deals

If you decide to re-enroll, please send me a PM first since I'd like to ask you about a different offer

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
David,

I like this deal...

Buy 6 for $13 or 7 for $22 and you need only 2 further full priced 29.95 commitments to fulfill

Just need to find 7 titles. Hopefully most all the exclusives are available.

Thank You, David. Feel free to send me a private PM.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The exclusives are online eligible except Witch Mtn and the newest set. By phone several people have been allowed to get the October
releases on enrollment, but I've not heard anyone try yet with Davy Crockett and Treasure Island

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
DMR now showing upcoming DMC Exclusive BD of Blackbeard's Ghost.

No other information, but these have been very accurate in the past and usually indicate a release at the next DMC cycle (Jan 5 or possibly Feb -- I'll update as soon as other information pops up)

No indication of what it's paired title might be, but last time there was a couple day gap b/w the 2 pics showing up

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The HD master of this looks awesome. Just wait til you see THIRD MAN ON THE MOUNTAIN, DARBY O'GILL and IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS (which will hopefully be forthcoming). These will knock your socks off.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
David Norman said:
DMR now showing upcoming DMC Exclusive BD of Blackbeard's Ghost.

No other information, but these have been very accurate in the past and usually indicate a release at the next DMC cycle (Jan 5 or possibly Feb -- I'll update as soon as other information pops up)
No indication of what it's paired title might be, but last time there was a couple day gap b/w the 2 pics showing up
Hopefully paired with The Parent Trap films(1961, 1986, 1998).

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great news on Blackbeards Ghost. One of my favorite Disney live Action films. It will be great to finally throw away the awful zoomed in DVD for a correct widescreen version. I hope In Search of the Castaways (my favorite Hayley Mills film) and the original Parent Trap follow soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks